It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Says He Can't Tell Jokes After Charleston Church Shooting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

So go back to the time before the 70s to see how things should he done?

Not so sure about that.

Racist people will exist forever, and the less we talk about them the easier it is for them to be so.

edit on thFri, 19 Jun 2015 13:24:11 -0500America/Chicago620151180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I guess it depends on how you define racist or racism. If you are going off the basic definition of that person thinks their race is superior to all others, then yes I agree with you.

I don't appreciate the insinuation that my parents are lesser beings though. That's like calling a gay man who marries another gay man and has sex with him a bigot.

Maybe YOU are the close minded one.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yes you did...but that's okay. I forgive you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

So cute how you reply to a direct rebuttal of your commentary by continuing to bang that drum.

Have fun with that

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
He can blame Obama for a "gaping racial wound that will not heal".

You funny!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So go back to the time before the 70s to see how things should he done?

Dafu. . are you talking about. ???

Not so sure about that.

If it makes you feel better, then talk about it, I suppose.

Racist people will exist forever, and the less we talk about them the easier it is for then to be so.

Talk talk talk, share your feelings then.

Dunno what talk is going to do.

Maybe if we take this sick slime out back and put a bullet in his head, then the future "racists" will think twice about doing anything stupid.

There, I talked.

I shared.

I feel so much better now.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Can you make sense, cause ill i got is you hate obama.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You said blame the decaying morals of the past 4 decades. 40 years go is 75...
Point was our country wasn't all that great before that either. Pretty sure we had the same issues then.

I am generally against capital punishment, torn on this case to be honest.

I would rather have him rot in a hole. He may not have remorse now but I think it would catch up to him.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Can you make sense for me? Because you clearly know my opinions, thoughts, and feelings SO much better than I do.

Tell me what I think, please! Be the voice inside my head, since you're obviously already there!

Yea, no. I can't clear it up for you. I already cleared it up once, but you obviously think you know my thoughts and feelings better than I do. So just keep on making it up as you go, and do your thing.

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

He can blame Obama for a "gaping racial wound that will not heal".

You funny!

In case you haven't noticed, electing a black man to be the President was supposed to help better race relations, instead he invited Al Sharpton over every other week to strategize division.

link   
a reply to: interupt42

I don't disagree with you at all. When I say everyone is racist I am not talking about KKK racist. Maybe I should use a different word, but not sure what else fits.

It comes down to realizing that we are all humans, and deserve to be treated with respect, but we have some differences.

That is OKAY! It is perfectly okay to be different. If everyone was the same life would be boring.

Racism will never go away and will never stop being talked about if we try and categorize everyone exactly the same way.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Jon doesn't mind jumping on the soapbox, but he well and truly nailed it this time.

The difference between satire and irony is the look on your face, and this was not satire so kudos to him.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

In case you haven't noticed, electing a black man to be the President was supposed to help better race relations, instead he invited Al Sharpton over every other week to strategize division.

Electing a black man as President (2x) is a sign that race relations have gotten better. The Charleston shooting is a sign that there's still a long ways to go.

So is blaming Obama.
edit on 19-6-2015 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Keep on blaming obama, it seems to work for you.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I have a massive amount of respect for Jon Stewart. I don't always agree with his politics, but I can recognize a man who can sift through the BS and get to the heart of the matter. Look what this thread has become, a bunch of people racially bickering. No one is admitting to their sides mistakes and trying to come together to make things better. Just pointing fingers. Like I said, Jon is right. Nothing will change.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I personally don't believe race is a real issue anymore untill the media makes it one...but even if it were still a problem,how are we supposed to make people not be racist?

Often times, bigotry arises unconsciously through mental conditioning. This in turn fuels racism in many ways, often times subtly. This does not mean the person is racist, but it does show bigotry even if it is unconsciously programmed.

For instance:

Should we continue targeting minorities for welfare programs? That doesn't do anything but create strife between classes.

Using the derogatory term *Minorities* to describe a demographic of human population that belong to many diverse ethnic backgrounds speaks volumes about the thought process of those who unconsciously do so even if they themselves harbour no ill-will of any nature towards anyone.

Interesting how your mind linked "Minority" + "Welfare programs" = "Classes"

I say we treat the church shooting as it should be. Regardless of the motive, it was cold blooded muder. Therefore, the convicted perpetrator deserves the death penalty.

I don't believe it is my place or anyone else's place to decide who should live or die. Your above thought process is no different than the church shooter; regardless of your motive.

So, in one hand you condemn the action of murder and in the other hand you condone it through retribution (death penalty). An eye for an eye, huh?

First degree murder is a hate crime anyway you look at it.

You have to hate the victim(s) enough to commit the crime.

+

Therefore, the convicted perpetrator deserves the death penalty.

Your justification for the death penality could be considered a hate crime according to your own logic.

So I say we all grow up, suck it up, and not blame the "racism" straw man for a crime commited by a free thinking individual.

....but the perpetrator's last words before the shooting were: "I'm here to shoot black people".

Let it marinate.

edit on 19-6-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Electing a black man as President (2x) is a sign that race relations have gotten better. The Charleston shooting is a sign that there's still a long ways to go.

So is blaming Obama.

The increased rage over thugs getting arrested, harmed or killed is escalating fast under Obama. So are all the town burning, Reebok stealing, liquor store robbing riots. The Ferguson area seen black youth bludgeoning white people to death with hammers, now we are seeing white racists act out to murderous extremes also. All on Obama's watch, nobody elses. These occurances are all being hyper covered by the media, which Obama has not complained about so it is all part of the agenda.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh wow, its obamas fault that people are idiots and are full of hate, you got anymore of these to share with us.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

And yet, do you say these same words when it is a black man being violently battered for a crime much less significant than this?

Seriously, out of all the posts you could've drummed this point in, you literally picked the worst one.

Don't get me wrong though - I get what you're trying to say.

What do you mean by personal responsibility in this case? Can you please elaborate.

Racism is a crime against humanity and truth. It's a flawed concept at heart. I get that to have racist thoughts is a free right but I feel that's a moot point in the context of the larger discussion.

If you want to defend freedom then there's sure as hell places to start that are more important to the human cause than the right to racism lol.

Humans can only be judged by one thing in my opinion - the unseen consciousness controlling the body. To judge humans from the body in regards to wishing to cause them harm is arguably one of the most absurd concepts humans have entertained since the start of our time.

If there is a God or a set of creators, I can only imagine their astonishment at seeing 'this' be the outcome of the entire complexity of the universe.
edit on 19-6-2015 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2015 by DazDaKing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

So is blaming Obama.

The increased rage over thugs getting arrested, harmed or killed is escalating fast under Obama. So are all the town burning, Reebok stealing, liquor store robbing riots. The Ferguson area seen black youth bludgeoning white people to death with hammers, now we are seeing white racists act out to murderous extremes also. All on Obama's watch, nobody elses. These occurances are all being hyper covered by the media, which Obama has not complained about so it is all part of the agenda.

So, do those specs come with a little 'Stars and Bars' sticker, or do you prefer the stealth model?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join