It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Says He Can't Tell Jokes After Charleston Church Shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So this progressive scum bag cries about the racial divide and than brings up crap from the distant past.......Men like him are part of the problem. Heck even on ATS using terms like culture is considered racial........GET OVER IT.

Who gives a crap about the pigment of your skin or what bad things happened in the distant past. It is time for true equality and that means no more racial card. We are all equal under the constitution and men like Mr. King understood this simple honest fact. All white guilt does is cause more racial division and that is what this man is doing. The south lost..........Slavery is long past.......We are all equal.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
In case you haven't noticed, electing a black man to be the President was supposed to help better race relations, instead he invited Al Sharpton over every other week to strategize division.

Electing a black man as President (2x) is a sign that race relations have gotten better. The Charleston shooting is a sign that there's still a long ways to go.

So is blaming Obama.

The increased rage over thugs getting arrested, harmed or killed is escalating fast under Obama. So are all the town burning, Reebok stealing, liquor store robbing riots. The Ferguson area seen black youth bludgeoning white people to death with hammers, now we are seeing white racists act out to murderous extremes also. All on Obama's watch, nobody elses. These occurances are all being hyper covered by the media, which Obama has not complained about so it is all part of the agenda.

The LA Riots happened under George Bush Sr. Racial tensions aren't just fueled by one political party. Your continued attempt to turn this situation into a bash Obama fest is deplorable.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Electing a black man as President (2x) is a sign that race relations have gotten better. The Charleston shooting is a sign that there's still a long ways to go.

So is blaming Obama.

Obama is the president and if we criticize his poor decisions does that make us racist? and if Hilliary was elected and made poor decisions does that make all who were critical of her misogynists?

I'll bet my last dollar that if Hilliary isn't elected someone will come out and say it's because she's a woman, which will be rubbish because people vote for the person best suited for the job, skin color or gender is irrelevant.

edit on 19-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Why are you so obsessed with me? Why do you keep repeating something I've already told you is incorrect?

If you want to sit there and say over and over again that I blame Obama for this event and have no compassion for the victims of the murders, have at it. Wear out those fingers.

It doesn't make it any more true.

You accuse me of blaming Obama for this event and lacking compassion when the reality is YOU are the one who has the two mixed together, not me. I blame him for a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. And it doesn't matter how many times you repeat your lie about me, it's still a lie. This event was perpetrated by a guy with deep seeded racial hatred, plain and simple.

Please, allow me to dislike your favorite president in peace. At this point, you've devolved into pretty basic trolling, and I'm really not interested in continuing to try and convince you that despite what you think, you are in fact NOT inside my head and do NOT know my thoughts.

Have a good day, and

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
So this progressive scum bag cries about the racial divide and than brings up crap from the distant past.......Men like him are part of the problem. Heck even on ATS using terms like culture is considered racial........GET OVER IT.

You clearly don't understand what you are talking about. People like Stewart are putting a voice to a situation that doesn't get enough air time. Racial tensions ARE real. Ignoring them DOESN'T make them go away. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen any racial events since the 92 LA riots. Yet, these things keep happening. Clearly it makes you upset to talk about it. Do you ever wonder why that is? Is it making you uncomfortable that things aren't all rainbows and sunshines in the country?

Who gives a crap about the pigment of your skin or what bad things happened in the distant past. It is time for true equality and that means no more racial card. We are all equal under the constitution and men like Mr. King understood this simple honest fact. All white guilt does is cause more racial division and that is what this man is doing. The south lost..........Slavery is long past.......We are all equal.

White guilt? Who said anything about white guilt? Jon Stewart didn't say the term "white guilt". I didn't say the term "white guilt". Yet here you are using it. Methinks you are projecting your own insecurities onto the thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You are right racial tensions are real........Why are they still growing should be the question. I believe they are still growing because of guilt,fear,apathy,lacking empathy.

I will say it again we are all equal under the constitution.....Am I wrong? Does skin color really matter? John like I said before is playing into this sad event instead of looking at the root fixes this problem really needs.
edit on 19-6-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I will say it again we are all equal under the constitution.....Am I wrong? Does skin color really matter?

If skin color didn't matter...this thread wouldn't even exist. Yes we are all equal, but some are more equal than others....................Orwell

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

So this progressive scum bag cries about the racial divide and than brings up crap from the distant past

But wouldn't that make him a regressive scumbag?

link   

You are right racial tensions are real........Why are they still growing should be the question. I believe they are still growing because of guilt,fear,apathy,lacking empathy.

They are still growing for the same reasons Jon Stewart said, nothing is ever done. The right constantly deflects racial discussions with the "white guilt" angle (like you just did) and the left doesn't want to give a quarter to the right. Neither side is completely in innocent. What needs to happen is that leaders from all communities, black, white, mexican, asian, etc come together and discuss issues. White people need to recognize their institutionalize privileges. That doesn't mean they have to feel guilty about them, but they certainly SHOULD be working to level the playing field for everyone else. Black people need to realize that the white community can help them and are needed to bridge the gap.

I will say it again we are all equal under the constitution.....Am I wrong? Does skin color really matter? John like I said before is playing into this sad event instead of looking at the root fixes this problem really needs.

What the Constitution says and what is being played out in real life are two completely different monsters. I KNOW what the Constitution says, that doesn't mean there are forces working to subvert the Constitution, many of which people aren't even aware they have advantages over others.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I will say it again we are all equal under the constitution.....Am I wrong? Does skin color really matter?

If skin color didn't matter...this thread wouldn't even exist. Yes we are all equal, but some are more equal than others....................Orwell

Orwell is a fiction writer.........We are all equal under the constitution and that is a fact not fiction. The constitution is only valid if we give it validity. Jefferson understood this in a very real way.

I will say it again we are all equal.......The pigment of or skin only shows how hot it was in your ancestors distant past.

link   

Skin color SHOULDN'T matter...But it OBVIOUSLY DOES,otherwise this animal that shot up a church wouldnt have done so...

Racism is real and well alive.Ignoring it wont solve anything;blaming Obama wont solve anything;blaming MKULTRA wont solve anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This illness America is experiencing is not a racial condition per se, it's a chronic human condition.

But don't worry, the Hollywood elite in their infinite wisdom will find a proper prescription for the U.S.

" Obama Addresses Gun Violence at Hollywood Fundraiser "
source: variety.com...

" Obama Dines with Jeffrey Katzenberg and Steven Spielberg after Day Feting Donors "
source: deadline.com...

" False Flag? "
source: www.infowars.com...

edit on 19-6-2015 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

This is a not a left vs right issue.......It is wrong vs right issue. Until people understand some simple facts the racial divide will continue to grow.

Skin color means nothing other than past location..............

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

ATS and many people,of all skin color understand that...But do the countless neonazi,neoconfederate,white supremacist,black nationalist groups understand that?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The racial divide grows every time someone complains about us talking about the racial issue in this country instead of talking about ways to fix it.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Then you get judged by your heritage. Drunken Irish, Buck tooth English, Fat lazy Americans...and so forth.

edit on 19-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DazDaKing
My point is we should focus less on preventing (which involves free will) and focus more on implementing proportional punishement. You're right, only God can judge our hearts, even the heart of a racist. So for the sake of civility only our criminal actions (not thinking patterns) should be judged in court.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So i made you say its obamas fault, well thats a good step forward, at leats it someone else fault.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

The "Hollywood Elite" already did, it's a movie called Bulworth. Quite on point really....you should watch it.

youtu.be...

"Everybody just needs to keep #ing everybody else till we are all the same color.."
edit on 19-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seasoul

Yea lets blame someone else for this dirt bags action, that always work.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join