It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Says He Can't Tell Jokes After Charleston Church Shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
a reply to: Krazysh0t

With the likes of the Colbert report show turning into an all out racial show things will just get worse. Trevor noah is a funny guy but full fledged racism I do not think is the answer. I hope trevor does not follow wilmore. Colbert and stewert had a gift of pushing the mental envelope but going all in is not the answer.

Can you give some detail about what changes you are wanting to see and what impact they will have.

John and Colbert are often times like a political Gallagher. Folks should always wear a mental poncho when watching them if not they are just cool aid drinkers.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasoul

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: seasoul

So you agree that the guys in garland, in paris, and in aussie were all not terrorist then?

I'm just examining this incident.

Here you had ten people, nine were good and one was bad.

It seems to exemplify a fact that for the most part, humanity is good.

Unfortunately, it's just a few rotten people that ruin it for the rest of us.

Now we've got nine good people who are dead, an untold number that are grieving, and a country buzzing with the angry racist meme.

What's physically left is nothing more than a psychopath, who's now posing for mug shots with a stupid smirk on his evil face.

One can label it racism or terrorism, but in fact it's really nothing more than one psychopath acting out his shallow perverted desires.

Terrorism: the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

What did the shooter in SC want? To start a race war through his actions. What he did and the reason for it is the textbook definition of terrorism.

A person does not need formal ties to a terrorist organization to be a terrorist. In fact, the FBI has a classification for them. They are called Lone Wolf Terrorists. Timothy McVeigh is considered one of the worst ever in America.
edit on 6/20/2015 by MonkeyFishFrog because: Wrong post quote

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I personally don't believe race is a real issue anymore untill the media makes it one...but even if it were still a problem, how are we supposed to make people not be racist? You can't legislate morality and call it a free country. Should we continue targeting minorities for welfare programs? That doesn't do anything but create stife between classes.

I say we treat the church shooting as it should be. Regardless of the motive, it was cold blooded muder. Therefore, the convicted perpetrator deserves the death penalty. First degree murder is a hate crime anyway you look at it. You have to hate the victim(s) enough to commit the crime.

So I say we all grow up, suck it up, and not blame the "racism" straw man for a crime commited by a free thinking individual.

Are you kidding me? It's been proven that the guy is a full on racist with an intense hatred towards black people. Why do you fail to accept that? Honestly. It's scary that you refuse to accept the fact that this was a racist hate crime.

People like you that turn a blind eye to blatant racism just make this country worse. Stop acting like racism doesn't exist or that only the media perpetrates it. It's real, buddy. Maybe not in your little perfect bubble, but racism is still rampant.

Such as this, a white supremacist that targeted a church with a black congregation that has history in civil rights.

Get with the program.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

None of which changes that Obama didn't have diddly to say about any of it, but jumped all over a shooting at a black church.

I honestly believe it was just another opportunity for him to push gun control and drive the racial wedge in a little further. He only cares about Blacks [ or Whites or Hispanics. or.....] when he can use them to push an agenda.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The guy is a racist mentally ill person. You get no help for mental illness in this country that actually treats and cares for the person. My sister is mentally ill, bi polar schizophrenia. She lives with me. I found her in the woods after my mentally ill family dropped her off at a state forest. Now, I have been everywhere and all she gets is 1 hour group therapy session with a bunch of dope heads who are trying to avoid jail. She will get sent somewhere else when they realize that she is actually crazy and their excuse is that what she has can't be helped by them.
This guy is mentally ill and should be locked up for ever as there is no cure.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
For me as a non racist id say its an issue that will never be resolved. Its your right to be racist were allowed our opinions and its not anyone's place to tell you otherwise we need to just tolerate it. There will always be assholes and crazies out there. The best we can do is not be like them. Free speech is on the line, and a more thorough mental health system is required.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Anubis259 because: grammar error

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Islam shooters are "terrorists", Black shooters are "thugs". white shooters are "mentally ill".

Have a great day.

[I'm snow]

The difference being is the one in a headlock fought tooth and nail. I don't care about skin color. I care about doing the right thing. MAYBE the cops should let a person resist arrest. POOR EXAMPLE.

Personally had they shot the murderer I would be upset at not getting a fair trial but in this case it seems like street assassination would have been acceptable to a lot of people and I would not have much to say to them for feeling that way. Damn thug is what that 21 yr old white kid is.

I am very white and married to a biracial person who is of Native American decent and my in-laws were a bit "reserved" towards me when i met them but now that they know me for who I am, I am good to go. I will regularly attend both white and black churches as an unpaid musician, just spreading the love around. (For those who have read my threads I am a Scientist 1st with a military background who happens to be a Christian).We get out of this mess only by loving one another sincerely. We stay in it with hate and divide politics like I see the media and both political party's members tend to continue to deliver this evil to us.

Try doing this thing I will leave you below, all please.

Say to people you meet: "Have a blessed day", every chance you get as people respond well to the love.

edit on 20-6-2015 by Justoneman because: needed tweaking

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
We should not be defined by how a few depraved individuals act.

We should be defined by how we respond when a few depraved individuals act.

you're right...I think black people should form the AARA, the African-American rifle Association, get law-abiding people to sign up for concealed-carry, buy AR's, 45's, 357's, semi-auto shotguns, and "open carry" around all African-American events and venues. praying and asking the government to do something, never has worked.
edit on 20-6-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

you're right...I think black people should form the AARA, the African-American rifle Association, get law-abiding people to sign up for concealed-carry, buy AR's, 45's, 357's, semi-auto shotguns, and "open carry" around all African-American events and venues

Always classy and always racist.

I guess the NRA don't like them "other' folks?

Is that what you're saying?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

you're right...I think black people should form the AARA, the African-American rifle Association, get law-abiding people to sign up for concealed-carry, buy AR's, 45's, 357's, semi-auto shotguns, and "open carry" around all African-American events and venues

Yes. They should. The first gun control laws in the US were part of Jim Crow. Gun control has its origins in racism and control.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NavyDoc

How did you get that out of what Mystic said?

Because every single example he used were white people being racist. "White housewife in white neighborhood." "White father."

And looking for a good school for your kid is racist now and only white people do that?
The whole post was racist.

Around here and certainly elsewhere black have been fleeing the city for the suburban white schools and neighborhoods.

Then apparently they must be racist.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

you're right...I think black people should form the AARA, the African-American rifle Association, get law-abiding people to sign up for concealed-carry, buy AR's, 45's, 357's, semi-auto shotguns, and "open carry" around all African-American events and venues. praying and asking the government to do something, never has worked.

Of course they should. Then listen to the Right Wing start their crybaby victimization claiming black extremeism and reverse racism.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

So "Separate But Equal" is the way to go?

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I watched this segment twice, and for the life of me I can't see how anyone could find exception to what Stewart said. Bravo JS.

link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Shamrock6

None of which changes that Obama didn't have diddly to say about any of it, but jumped all over a shooting at a black church.

I honestly believe it was just another opportunity for him to push gun control and drive the racial wedge in a little further. He only cares about Blacks [ or Whites or Hispanics. or.....] when he can use them to push an agenda.

Its not going to work. Blacks and whites understand whats going on.

link   

hmm...how many mostly white evangelical churches have you seen, that have been blown-up, fire-bombed, or shot-up in the last 50 or so years?.... and I'm racist?...not at all, but the NRA is not exactly the black man's friend....
www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

And yet you offer segregation as a solution.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

You do know black people own guns right? Like...white people aren't the only ones with guns. You're aware?

Hell, we even have black cops and black doctors and black teachers these days!

Oh, and just to clarify: can't carry concealed in a church. Whether you're black or white is immaterial.

But I'm sure you knew that.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

He is sadly one of those that see the NRA as a sort of white extension. He's drinking the fruit juice.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

So "Separate But Equal" is the way to go?

Seperate but UNequal is the current situation. Look at the demographics. It's pretty clear the cultural divide in America.
You sir are one of the lucky ones.

blackdemographics.com...

But real change is on the horizon. Whites will be a minority in the very near future.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 20-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join