It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Very relevant, since that's the playbook they've been following.

Seems like you want o move the goalposts to support your agenda.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Nope, it's to normalize "gay" as the new norm.

If it were about equality, they would have stopped with civil unions.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Wish I could....I've looked for about a year now and can't find it.

By the way my brother is gay. Don't love him any less.

But I DO NOT support the gay agenda. And you should deny ignorance because that's what it truly is.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Soooo much going on here I don't know where to start. *Disclaimer* I'm am biased on this issue as I personally have a dog in this fight.

That being said I will say that I personally would like to see someone other than anyone from the Kardashian circus as the spokesperson for Transgender equality and awareness.

There are far more accomplished and classy people to represent our community. However I do agree that awareness is awareness and I'll take it for what it is.

I also agree that the whole entertainment industry is social engineering (control) at its finest with some opportunities for education sprinkled in. I wrote an essay once on the progression and development of media and it's effects on society. The title of that essay was "If we wanted your opinion we would give it to you", I got an A.

As for the agenda and the "gay mafia" fuhgeddaboudit...
edit on CDTSat, 06 Jun 2015 10:06:22 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago06-05:00Sat, 06 Jun 2015 10:06:22 -050006 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTSat, 06 Jun 2015 10:13:05 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago06-05:00Sat, 06 Jun 2015 10:13:05 -050013 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

And there is the problem. Others don't HAVE to learn about or abide by usage of terminology.

Never in my life did I think that a 3% or less of a populace would have the gal to push how the others must think of them.

Now, I could care less what you or anyone else does. It is your problem to deal with. But, the minute you or anyone else thinks they get to dictate how I speak or think is the moment I get to tell you or others exactly just how wrong you are.

Bruce is a sad sad man, with mental issues. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Gay is wanting to change genders is not normal. It isn't normal in society, it isn't normal in nature it isn't normal in the physical.
If anything, it is abnormal. Either abnormal in genetics or abnormal mentally.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Gay is wanting to change genders is not normal. It isn't normal in society, it isn't normal in nature it isn't normal in the physical.
If anything, it is abnormal. Either abnormal in genetics or abnormal mentally.

We are ALL genetic mutations from the first human.

What is "normal"?

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

And there is the problem. Others don't HAVE to learn about or abide by usage of terminology.

I only mentioned One word - - LIFESTYLE.

Lifestyle isn't LGBT - - - Everyone chooses a Lifestyle. Its how each individual chooses to live their life. Lifestyle is the choice of House or Apt, Truck or Sportscar, Wine or Beer, Blue Collar or White Collar, etc.

LGBT are not a group think - - - they are as individual as everyone else.

Its just kind of ignorant not to know the difference between Lifestyle and sexual orientation. You see, I didn't even use the phrasing the article suggested.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I figure the creator made me like I am and that's good enough for me.
Not perfect but perfectly myself.

The "Creator" made Transexuals the way they are too.

So, do you cut your hair? Try to get a tan?

Really?
Putting a sex change in the same category as getting a haircut or having your nails done?
This is pretty drastic surgery but my point was that they weren't happy before nor after they had it done.
People who can accept faults in themselves find it easier to accept them in others.
Then there are those who can't accept anything and feel life is always out to get them.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I simply ignored the stories about Bruce Jenner.
This was a non-event.
IMHO, who gives a s%@#

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Having a sex change is not Normal.

Are you trying to equate to human evolution to Bruce?

You really are grasping here.

He is abnormal. The fact that the media is running around promoting this means that they are doing what ever they can to create ratings. This is not the "new normal" as Bruce has stated. Statistically, this isn't even a commonality. It is an anomaly at best.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Having a sex change is not Normal.

Are you trying to equate to human evolution to Bruce?

You really are grasping here.

He is abnormal. The fact that the media is running around promoting this means that they are doing what ever they can to create ratings. This is not the "new normal" as Bruce has stated. Statistically, this isn't even a commonality. It is an anomaly at best.

I'll go with science.

And once it was thought the world was flat.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I figure the creator made me like I am and that's good enough for me.
Not perfect but perfectly myself.

The "Creator" made Transexuals the way they are too.

So, do you cut your hair? Try to get a tan?

Really?
Putting a sex change in the same category as getting a haircut or having your nails done?
This is pretty drastic surgery but my point was that they weren't happy before nor after they had it done.
People who can accept faults in themselves find it easier to accept them in others.
Then there are those who can't accept anything and feel life is always out to get them.

Getting a tan, haircut, or painting your nails is altering the body as God made it.

Just a fact.

Myths About Transition Regrets -- 11/18/2014
Indeed, another Swedish study in 2009 found that 95 percent of individuals who transitioned report positive life outcomes as a result.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 7-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Did you even look at the actual study? Pay close attention to the Conclusion. From your source:

Abstract Context The treatment for transsexualism is sex reassignment, including hormonal treatment and surgery aimed at making the person's body as congruent with the opposite sex as possible. There is a dearth of long term, follow-up studies after sex reassignment.

Objective To estimate mortality, morbidity, and criminal rate after surgical sex reassignment of transsexual persons.

Design A population-based matched cohort study.

Setting Sweden, 1973-2003.

Participants All 324 sex-reassigned persons (191 male-to-females, 133 female-to-males) in Sweden, 1973–2003. Random population controls (10:1) were matched by birth year and birth sex or reassigned (final) sex, respectively.

Main Outcome Measures Hazard ratios (HR) with 95% confidence intervals (CI) for mortality and psychiatric morbidity were obtained with Cox regression models, which were adjusted for immigrant status and psychiatric morbidity prior to sex reassignment (adjusted HR [aHR]).

Results The overall mortality for sex-reassigned persons was higher during follow-up (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 1.8–4.3) than for controls of the same birth sex, particularly death from suicide (aHR 19.1; 95% CI 5.8–62.9). Sex-reassigned persons also had an increased risk for suicide attempts (aHR 4.9; 95% CI 2.9–8.5) and psychiatric inpatient care (aHR 2.8; 95% CI 2.0–3.9). Comparisons with controls matched on reassigned sex yielded similar results. Female-to-males, but not male-to-females, had a higher risk for criminal convictions than their respective birth sex controls.

Conclusions Persons with transsexualism, after sex reassignment, have considerably higher risks for mortality, suicidal behaviour, and psychiatric morbidity than the general population. Our findings suggest that sex reassignment, although alleviating gender dysphoria, may not suffice as treatment for transsexualism, and should inspire improved psychiatric and somatic care after sex reassignment for this patient group.

Society has a responsibility to these individuals beyond enabling them. Serious etiology research should be done, not only for those going through this today, but for those that have to deal with it in the future.

edit on 7-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I have previously stated the major oppression of LGBT comes from outside themselves.

If society was open to them, accepting them, making it OK and "normal" for them to transition - - - there would be less emotional/mental issues.

This is a very judgmental world. Studies say a person is judged in the first 3 seconds of observation.

I'm raising a 15 year old girl now. In physical appearance she's a 10. But, society, especially social media is very cruel. Keeping this "perfect" person mentally and emotionally stable is an every day challenge.

Emotional/mental difficulties is not exclusive to LGBT - - - but, their burden is much greater.

So, yeah, I'm not going to cherry pick from that article.

edit on 7-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well ok then you big humanitarian. Help me please. Do not enable me, help me. Seriously I've realized the folly of my ways and am ready to accept help from a wise soul such as yourself. What do you recommend to "fix" my broken brain?

I don't want to be an outcast and subject to ridicule and hatred any longer. I just want to conform and be "normal". Can you help me, please?

I know now that you are right and fighting for equality and advocacy is not the proper path. Instead I should give up who I am inside for the good of humanity.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

As usual, the emotionally reactive people are misunderstanding and taking things out of context, and getting snippy.

Before I correct your misunderstanding of my position, honestly answer this question:

If society was willing to put more money into the etiology research, and science determined without a doubt that a hormone dump or some other chemical or physical phenomenon caused the disjointed body/mind gender confusion and was able to devise a means to correct it in utero, would you want that for future individuals who face this?

Everything I have researched talks about the pain and suffering of transgenders from early on. It gets worse as they get older and have to suffer the intolerance and bullying from hateful people. The emotional-leaning people think all would be okay if only society would just stop being so mean. That is not going to happen. There will always be people that taunt and ridicule others.

All I'm saying is 'let's figure this out'. Instead of so much money going into programs that focus on the physical transition, let's put more into the biological and medical studies to see if there is a possibility we can prevent others in the future from having to deal with the pain that comes from being transgendered.

We have laws that protect one against discrimination based on sexual orientation. Transgenders surely fall under that protection. Maybe all the money the top dogs in the LGBT advocacy groups get from government and foundations for their non-profit orgs could contribute more toward medical and biological studies....you know, for future generations.

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
To be completely honest with you I'm more concerned about the here and now than the "if this or that was possible". Point being that the "treatment" you suggest does not exist therefore meh...so lets get back to trying to teach people basic compassion and manners shall we Mr. unemotional science man.

Oh and as far as what research people put money into I'm not the one doing the contributing so I don't really have a say.
edit on CDTSun, 07 Jun 2015 18:27:26 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago07-05:00Sun, 07 Jun 2015 18:27:26 -050027 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The country—scientific mainstream thinking-- likely won’t have the political will to do this

The mainstream rules, the accepted politically correct paradigms and research money is so hard to get any scientist studying what you say wouldn't get too much money

posted on Jun, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

The mainstream rules, the accepted politically correct paradigms and research money is so hard to get any scientist studying what you say wouldn't get too much money

True.

LGBT is not an illness. It is not a communicable disease. Its not affecting a large portion of the population - - like Cancer.

Few, if any, scientific study is done without a grant. Whoever gives that grant, wants something in return. Its all about the money.

On the other hand, donations to a cause, are directly related to the current, right now, what can be done.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join