It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Me doth thinketh you assumeth too much.

To me, it's not courage at all. It's complete and utter lunacy.

But then you are indicting all transgender people aren't you?

If you don't think "coming out" with non-heteronormative lifestyles takes courage, I challenge you to actually read up on how such people are often tormented by the fact that they will not be accepted by their communities around the world. Why do you think, for example, so many gay people stay in the closet? Because it's easy to come out? Yeah right. It's easy to be heterosexual, and so-called cis-normative in our society.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Cheddarhead
I saw most of the 10 stories, too, before they were overshadowed by at least 2-3 articles on every news site about Caitlyn/Bruce/peeved off Kris/ Kim K finally pregnant (with twins, even!)/the Duggars, on and on and on.

You have to ask yourself while everyone is being distracted with the big shiny object OVER HERE, what are we not supposed to be seeing OVER THERE? Sometimes I wonder if TPTB actually encourage the celebrity trash culture and reality TV as the easiest, most cost effective way ever to distract the populace from what's REALLY going down in the world.

I do think you are right that this tactic is used sometimes. It's the old stage magician's trick: use the right hand to distract the audience while the left hand is doing a trick.

As to your second point, this is the whole "panem et circenses" argument, that perhaps the focus on professional/college sports, cheap entertainment, celebrities, reality shows, is a way to keep people distracted and subdued.

I can't agree with that, a lot of people for whatever reason just don't want anything deeper, it's cheap TV to actually make (kind of balances appearance fees if you use 'real' celebrities I guess) and people will watch it - same reason really it's soaps and situation comedies that have always drawn the highest figures. Put a Chekov drama on your primetime TV stations tomorrow and no matter how well acted and produced, viewing figures will be in the hundreds or dozens. This is no TPTB thing, it is exactly the same as circuses for ancient Rome - give the public what the public wants.

The panem et circenses argument COMES from ancient Rome, where many believe TPTB back then used circuses and bread to pacify the lower classes.

I didn't say that it is true now. However, I wouldn't put it past a clever government to encourage it.

Kind of right I guess, but I also guess my analogy was not that great. What I should have added is that the sponsors (people who pay to advertise in the hundred and one breaks every American show seems to have) call the shots more than anyone - wonder how many would pay for ads half way through a production of a piece by Chekhov?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

I wish I could find that article...written back in the 80's, and I be able to show you the outline. But, thought I explained that the agenda was that the gay culture was eventually the norm. Perhaps you missed that.

Not sure what you mean.

Not sure how relevent a 35 year old article is. Especially on this subject.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Konduit

It's all part of the f'ing gay agenda, just like progressives have their own agenda to control every aspect of government.

I remember seeing something years ago that showed where gay leaders had actually created a list of items for things that they wanted. Each item expanded the gay agenda further and further until, like progressives, gay culture was the norm.

I've watched over the years those items get crossed off one by one. One item was actually getting civil unions THEN going after marriage.

It's all a big f'ing plot to demonize anyone who doesn't accept the gay culture.

Nah, the gay agenda is simply to stop being oppressed by Christians and traditionalists, and to enjoy full equal rights and to be themselves in public.

I love how conservatives consistently claim that they are being "controlled" and "oppressed" by gays, anti-christians, muslims, liberals, etc.

It's the opposite. Minorities and other religions are now taking the lid of your historic control over the past centuries, and you don't like it one bit. It is YOU guys who want to control everyone else, and subject us all to your Christian, traditionalist, patriarchal norms.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freenrgy2

Open your mind.. Deny ignorance... and stop using "Buzz Words" "Agenda" "progressives"

Conservative Christians were the first to use "Gay Agenda". serious question, can you show me that list?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Artorius

Courage and bravery???? Not to go off topic, but we are talking about Lt. Einhorn mashed up into the Crying Game.

Bruce is just a dude in a dress with lipstick on.

As for the other stories missed......yeah, image that. A pop culture driven media and society that is more focused on what the transformer had for breakfast, then their Rights.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Open your mind.. Deny ignorance... and stop using "Buzz Words" "Agenda" "progressives"

Conservative Christians were the first to use "Gay Agenda". serious question, can you show me that list?

He might be referring to the book: After the Ball. There's also a counter book written by a couple Christian guys. Forgot the name of that book.

But, LGBT is not a group think. Just because a couple guys have an opinion -- does not make it an anthem for all LGBT. The fight for Equality takes years of diligence and commitment.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

That is not true though, she is just not a "Dude in a dress"

Annee: i know of the book, i was just wondering if they could provide it. "Gay Agenda" is popular ignorance many love to use

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

a reply to: macman

That is not true though, she is just not a "Dude in a dress"

Annee: i know of the book, i was just wondering if they could provide it. "Gay Agenda" is popular ignorance many love to use

I thought you probably did.

Debated with myself whether to post it or not

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Bruce is one giant freak show and the story should have been in a mental health journal.

A pig with lipstick is still a pig. Those who think what he did was courageous and brave have a flawed sense of what bravery and courage is.. What Bruce did was an act of lunacy pure and simple. A broken mind playing to a see of idiots..

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Your right....it is a dude that wants to be a woman in a dress.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The problem is that I agree he can mutilate himself if he wants, but I don't have to like his actions. The 'gay agenda' is that it isn't enough people give you the freedom to 'express yourself' we have to like it too and that ain't happening.

YOU need to allow people to not like you. A lot of people don't like me and I don't care. Not everyone is going to like you...get used to it and move on.

TLDR: You do you, but I don't have to support or like your actions.
edit on 2015/6/5 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
The 'gay agenda' is that it isn't enough people give you the freedom to 'express yourself' we have to like it too and that ain't happening.

Where does anyone say you have to like Equal Rights, Equal Treatment?

Have you ever experienced not being treated Equally?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

a reply to: HUMBLEONE

At the same time though you have no emotional attachment to it, it's a body part that you shouldn't have...

I wonder how many times after, you know after its been cut off.. how many times do you, need to pee and get con- fyoooozd?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Unless you have a net worth in excess of the high 6 figures, everyone has experienced not being treated equally. Hell, by definition, if the standard treatment is bad, then being treated bad IS equal treatment.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
And they say that our Earth is too grey.

edit on 5-6-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Annee

Unless you have a net worth in excess of the high 6 figures, everyone has experienced not being treated equally. Hell, by definition, if the standard treatment is bad, then being treated bad IS equal treatment.

I am aware of that.

What recourse do you have if the treatment is bad enough to affect your life and family?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
To think I actually bought boxes of Wheaties because they had his, er her, uh their picture on it.
Hmppff!
I know one fully transsexual person.
They didn't feel right in their body before and now they think they're being persecuted for changing it.
There's just no pleasing some people.
I figure the creator made me like I am and that's good enough for me.
Not perfect but perfectly myself.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I figure the creator made me like I am and that's good enough for me.
Not perfect but perfectly myself.

The "Creator" made Transexuals the way they are too.

So, do you cut your hair? Try to get a tan?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Artorius

I have read of all these stories as well. I kept wondering who this Caitlyn Jenner was, as I was seeing it everywhere, when I finally clicked an article I find it is more lgbt crap being crammed down peoples throat. No one cares about this sick individual. The media are trying to make us care. I find this story to be in no way stimulating or positive, it is a display of depravity, to me it is like seeing someone struggling, and dying of disease, and anguish. The hole is always empty, nothing will ever be enough, humans are never satisfied. It would take courage to live with the life your given. It takes insanity and depravity to warp yourself into a freak-show, and an abomination to nature, rather than addressing your mental issues. It is a sad and bizarre world we live in when Caitlyn Jenner is praised, instead of called out for what he is. He will no doubt commit suicide soon enough, and no one tried to get him help.

On a side note even these 10 news stories you say were overlooked, where just the medias cherry picked reality. We compspiracy people act like we are privy to more news, but these are all highly orchastrated news stories all with an agenda.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join