It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
double
edit on 053030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
[post]a reply to: Stormdancer[/post]

Your report is from 1997. Department of Experimental Psychopathology, Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK.

I bet if I searched I'd find an updated report discrediting the 1997 findings.

Can't right now. Needy child priority.

edit on 8-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NavyDoc

I am assuming you are older like me, (no offense if you aren't), but I also remember and use GLBT. I think the LGBT started popping up more commonly about a decade ago.

Why wouldn't the B be first then, since that is both male and female...then you have no competition between the sexes...

It does not matter what order the letters are in. If you want B first, go ahead.

Navy Doc seems to want to make it a childish sexist issue. G=gay-men. L=lesbian-women.

Here's 100% truth: I was born with a deformed jaw. L is easier for me to say, then G. It's more comfortable for me vocally. Has nothing to do with the L representing woman.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For NavyDoc:

Facebook on Thursday added more than 50 custom gender options for users who don't identify simply as "male" or "female." While this was welcome news to LGBTQ advocates, the company did not publish a list of all the options, leaving users to begin typing into an empty text field in order to bring up a drop-down menu of autocomplete choices. (The site does not seem to allow users to simply leave the field blank, or to type in a gender identifier that is not among the preset options.)
Facebook told me it has no plans to publish a comprehensive list of the choices it offers. So we took it upon ourselves to reconstruct it by typing each letter of the alphabet into the text field, one at a time, and transcribing the options that appeared. We found 56 custom options, bringing the total number of options to 58 including male and female. Please note that it's possible that the list below is not complete. If you find one that we missed, please feel free to point it out in the comments and we'll update accordingly.
· Agender
· Androgyne
· Androgynous
· Bigender
· Cis
· Cisgender
· Cis Female
· Cis Male
· Cis Man
· Cis Woman
· Cisgender Female
· Cisgender Male
· Cisgender Man
· Cisgender Woman
· Female to Male
· FTM
· Gender Fluid
· Gender Nonconforming
· Gender Questioning
· Gender Variant
· Genderqueer
· Intersex
· Male to Female
· MTF
· Neither
· Neutrois
· Non-binary
· Other
· Pangender
· Trans
· Trans*
· Trans Female
· Trans* Female
· Trans Male
· Trans* Male
· Trans Man
· Trans* Man
· Trans Person
· Trans* Person
· Trans Woman
· Trans* Woman
· Transfeminine
· Transgender
· Transgender Female
· Transgender Male
· Transgender Man
· Transgender Person
· Transgender Woman
· Transmasculine
· Transsexual
· Transsexual Female
· Transsexual Male
· Transsexual Man
· Transsexual Person
· Transsexual Woman
· Two-Spirit

www.slate.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I agree that the terms list has gotten a bit out of control. It's not hurting anyone though so I don't really care.a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
I agree that the terms list has gotten a bit out of control. It's not hurting anyone though so I don't really care.a reply to: queenofswords

Seriously! "I'm a what . . .?"

But, I think it helps grasp the concept of sexual diversity.

EDIT: concept isn't the right word. Understanding?
edit on 8-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Regarding the issue whether Jenner has a mental defect or not I think the only evidence that there is that Jenner has a mental defect is that he identifies as a Republican!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I agree that is probably the intent but people in general don't want so many options they want things nice and neatly packaged and easy to define "understand"

In the military we called it breaking it down "Barney style" or "simple stupid, stupid simple" it is best to dumb things down for the sake of the majority just in case.

a reply to: Annee

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
republicans love their money now, and she has a lot of it. She wouldn't want to have her precious money taxed more heavily, well nobody does really. Funny how the upper echelons of wealth and income get the bigger breaks on that one though.

.a reply to: Willtell

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I agree that is probably the intent but people in general don't want so many options they want things nice and neatly packaged and easy to define "understand"

In the military we called it breaking it down "Barney style" or "simple stupid, stupid simple" it is best to dumb things down for the sake of the majority just in case.

a reply to: Annee

I'm definitely a "break it down to gnawed bone".

I make a post, then go back and remove everything not necessary to make my point.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

Are you suggesting one's ethics towards their own children can't be indicative of a mental disorder?

This is why I think Bruce is a horrible person to be getting all this attention. Not only is he a horrible person, but it seems very obvious Bruce has mental health issues, his gender confusion notwithstanding.

There were so many better options the media could have jumped on over the years, yet they went with the full retard.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Again I agree Jenner is actually a pretty crappy person in general let alone the "mainstream" representative of an already misrepresented segment of society. EFF Bruce Jenner but thank you and hats off to Caitlyn Jenner.

.a reply to: raymundoko

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I'm not saying S?he is a great person ethically, but you're saying she has Mental disorders based on what fact? the things she has done with her family has been done by others before. in fact their Mom is more to blame than Caitlyn.

transgender is not a Mental Disorder or "Full Retard"

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I am assuming you are older like me, (no offense if you aren't), but I also remember and use GLBT. I think the LGBT started popping up more commonly about a decade ago.

Why wouldn't the B be first then, since that is both male and female...then you have no competition between the sexes...

It does not matter what order the letters are in. If you want B first, go ahead.

Navy Doc seems to want to make it a childish sexist issue. G=gay-men. L=lesbian-women.

Here's 100% truth: I was born with a deformed jaw. L is easier for me to say, then G. It's more comfortable for me vocally. Has nothing to do with the L representing woman.

No, it is not "childish" to point out the politically correct evolution of language advocates use. The point is a salient one--that some of this has to do with a certain mindset and it is interesting to see when causes collide.

I say, bring back the "G" because gay men were at the forefront of the movement.

Yes, I'm sure that makes me an evil sexist.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

I say, bring back the "G" because gay men were at the forefront of the movement.

Hey good point, I had never looked at it that way. See I give credit where it is due lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Hey good point, I had never looked at it that way. See I give credit where it is due lol.

(Pumps fist into the air)

Stonewall! Stonewall! Free the Stonewall 13!!!

(Pumps fist into the air)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

It is either a genetic abnormality, or a mental issue?

Which is it?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I remember watching a documentary on this

www.thenation.com...

Who’d have thought a celebrated Ivy League medical center would sanction and host the practice of genital cutting on infants and small children? At the Children’s Hospital of New York Presbyterian – Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Chief of Pediatric Urology Dix Poppas is performing nerve sparring ventral clitoroplasties on children with their parents’ consent for primarily cosmetic reasons, claiming that the surgery allows female patients to “undergo a more natural psychological and sexual development.”

I didn't know this was still being done.

Now I know this is a different situation, but who do you trust?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

yaaaas!

Us Queens and Street Kids are a big part of the movement, we fought back and don't get a lot of credit for it... i mean i wasn't born at the time, but i know my herstory and pay my respects
edit on 9-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I can't agree that it's a Mental Disorder, that's like saying Homosexuality is a Mental Disorder, which has been proven not.

but i don't think it's an abnormality because what is "Normal"?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join