It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NavyDoc

I am assuming you are older like me, (no offense if you aren't), but I also remember and use GLBT. I think the LGBT started popping up more commonly about a decade ago.

Why wouldn't the B be first then, since that is both male and female...then you have no competition between the sexes...

It does not matter what order the letters are in. If you want B first, go ahead.

Navy Doc seems to want to make it a childish sexist issue. G=gay-men. L=lesbian-women.

Here's 100% truth: I was born with a deformed jaw. L is easier for me to say, then G. It's more comfortable for me vocally. Has nothing to do with the L representing woman.

No, it is not "childish" to point out the politically correct evolution of language advocates use. The point is a salient one--that some of this has to do with a certain mindset and it is interesting to see when causes collide.

I say, bring back the "G" because gay men were at the forefront of the movement.

Yes, I'm sure that makes me an evil sexist.

Easy for you to say. "G" I mean.

Men started it. So what.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I am assuming you are older like me, (no offense if you aren't), but I also remember and use GLBT. I think the LGBT started popping up more commonly about a decade ago.

Why wouldn't the B be first then, since that is both male and female...then you have no competition between the sexes...

It does not matter what order the letters are in. If you want B first, go ahead.

Navy Doc seems to want to make it a childish sexist issue. G=gay-men. L=lesbian-women.

Here's 100% truth: I was born with a deformed jaw. L is easier for me to say, then G. It's more comfortable for me vocally. Has nothing to do with the L representing woman.

No, it is not "childish" to point out the politically correct evolution of language advocates use. The point is a salient one--that some of this has to do with a certain mindset and it is interesting to see when causes collide.

I say, bring back the "G" because gay men were at the forefront of the movement.

Men started it. So what.

Sexist!!

edit on 9-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: macman

I can't agree that it's a Mental Disorder, that's like saying Homosexuality is a Mental Disorder, which has been proven not.

but i don't think it's an abnormality because what is "Normal"?

But they aren't the same are they?

"I like dogs" cannot really be compared to "I think I am a dog."

I know that they are lumped together from a political standpoint, but they really are not the same entity.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Yeah, they are not the same, Gender and Sexuality are different.

I just can't seem how people can say it's a Mental Disorder, they know who they are because it's how they were born.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Men started it. So what.

Sexist!!

Don't think so.

You're the one making a big deal about it. I'm saying it doesn't matter.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

You have got to be freaking joking me.

A person born a male, with the the chromosomes stating as such, wanting to transform into a female is as far from normal as anyone can get.

So, we are now into it being a genetic abnormality. And just because you want to debate "normal" doesn't mean squat, and is the weakest retort one could offer.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

So, if Bruce came out and stated, "Inside I am Napoleon and I must transform into Napoleon", how is this any different?

Replace Napoleon with female, and that is all the difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Yeah, they are not the same, Gender and Sexuality are different.

I just can't seem how people can say it's a Mental Disorder, they know who they are because it's how they were born.

For the sake of discussion, since there are a wide variety of mental disorders that are present at birth or shortly thereafter, just because some people claim it is present from birth does not preclude it from being a mental disorder.

Considering infants are still figuring out "self" from "non-self," much less sexuality/gender, it's a bit of flowery hyperbole to say that someone knew it from birth, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Why does this subject make you so angry, hmm? So if I agree with you and say I am not normal what do you suggest then? How would you like society to proceed? I want to hear you say it. Whatever that thought may be...

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 15:34:53 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 15:34:53 -050034 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Napoleon is not gender, did you take that from this article?

transascity.org...

“Hey, I don’t care if someone thinks they’re Napoleon. What. Ever. But don’t expect me to salute them or call them Emperer[sic]. That would make me as crazy as they are. This is just common sense, people.”

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Men started it. So what.

Sexist!!

Don't think so.

Considering you are so wrapped up in the ideology that you refuse to even consider the possibility that there may be some wackiness, infighting, or hypocrisy in the "movement" it is fun to point that out.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

No, i was born Gay with Gender fluidity nothing Hyperbolic about that... as far as Transgender there have been small studies that show Kids identify with their Gender

www.advocate.com...

www.psychologicalscience.org...

in case you believe Fox News

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

There is a lot of Infighting within the LGBTQ movement, i wish i could say the opposite but it's not true. the Trans community thinks we don't fight for their rights and we are intolerant to them, feminist think that we Gays are misogynistic because we are attracted to Males and place them above Females. Bisexuals feel they don't get enough recognition and are not seen as a "True" Member of our community or taken serious as a sexuality.

Personally, i'm an activist for everyone, not only in the LGBTQ community, but also for other Races, and Genders. yes i am more in tuned to my Personal cause and investment. i just wish we could all stand as one, but not in a Hive-Mind situation, just gather strength as a collective and be our Unique self

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Men started it. So what.

Sexist!!

Don't think so.

Considering you are so wrapped up in the ideology that you refuse to even consider the possibility that there may be some wackiness, infighting, or hypocrisy in the "movement" it is fun to point that out.

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Are you trying to say there are fringe/splinter individuals and smaller groups outside the main core and focus of organized LGBT or GLBT?

Isn't that with eveything?
edit on 9-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

There is a lot of Infighting within the LGBTQ movement, i wish i could say the opposite but it's not true. the Trans community thinks we don't fight for their rights and we are intolerant to them, feminist think that we Gays are misogynistic because we are attracted to Males and place them above Females. Bisexuals feel they don't get enough recognition and are not seen as a "True" Member of our community or taken serious as a sexuality.

I think that was well put. Thanks for your honesty. Much respect.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I worked at a small company where I was the minority as a straight female.

My indoctrination to LGBT actually. "Water Cooler" chit-chat's were interesting to say the least.

I was surprised how they detail categorized different factions of LGBT. Even, "I'm a Man, a Man who likes men, I'm not feminine".

But, I will continue to focus on the "whole" of Equality. Like you, ALL Equality.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sounds like a scenario where a bunch of overly sensitive types can't agree on who has been oppressed worse when they should be celebrating and supporting one another, just my two cents.

In a 100% honesty I don't really enjoy the company of too many overly flamboyant type of gay's no hate I just find a lot of them to be annoying. I guess I'm one of those prefer to hang out with masculine guys type of gals. I used to hate when girls said "all my friends are guys" Now I get it, a lot women or overly feminine gay men are too catty and dramatic for my tastes. Not blanket policing just sharing my experiences.

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 16:02:20 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:02:20 -050002 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 16:11:00 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 16:11:00 -050011 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Right, as a Highly Effeminate Male who is a Drag Queen and has some gender Fluidity i find myself getting discriminated by my own community at times, there is a Mind set by some that you have to be a "Mans Man" and effeminate people are just "Twinks" who give men a bad name

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I refuse to be hypocritical, or at least i try not to be, and i'll always be honest (Cocktail)
edit on 9-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I refuse to be hypocritical, or at least i try not to be, and i'll always be honest (Cocktail)

I like you. You can hang out with me anytime.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join