It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I mean, at heart, I agree with you. I think that Caitlyn is a poor example to use as the poster"girl" of transgenderism because her experiences appear to not be indicative of most transgenders' experiences, but my reasoning for it is slightly different. I think it is more relevant to address her impact on the transgender community than to look at her moral shortcomings.

But at the end of the day, they are still people with failings just like you and I. There's bound to be something in anyone's past you'd disagree with. If not, then either they are very good at hiding it or you are on good terms enough with the person to overlook their shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

That has nothing to do with her being Transgender. her Ethics of her Children have nothing to do with her Gender
edit on 8-6-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Or you get shamed by other people? or get killed by other people? she finally gets to live her authentic truth, and other humans are too ignorant to respect other human beings

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: NavyDoc

I am assuming you are older like me, (no offense if you aren't), but I also remember and use GLBT. I think the LGBT started popping up more commonly about a decade ago.

Why wouldn't the B be first then, since that is both male and female...then you have no competition between the sexes...

I am sooooo old.

Meh, then there will be another disagreement--I do know some gays who think Bisexual people are weird and icky--the alphabet soup will just continue to grow and change as the perpetually offended social justice warriors find something to be upset about.

[Down twinkles.]

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I asked a question. Care to clarify your statement?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Or you get shamed by other people? or get killed by other people? she finally gets to live her authentic truth, and other humans are too ignorant to respect other human beings

Yadda yadda yadda (Insert stupid catch phrase like authentic truth) yadda yadda yadda

As long as he doesn't step foot in the Middle east I doubt he will be getting murdered.

Don't know about the US but here in the UK we don't murder people based on sexual ordination or pretending to be the opposite sex.

End of the day suicides rates are higher in transsexuals soa number but after a few years think they made a mistake.

i
Put you genital into what ever you like (as long as it consenting) or chop what ever bits of you off you like, really I honestly don't care. But as long as you chromosomes say XY your a man and XX your a women. Done a pair of heels and skirt for all I care I wont stop you

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

So, Bruce has a genetic abnormality then. Either way, his actions are not normal.

As for always being a woman.....yeah, his numerous marriages and several children suggest otherwise.

The genetic make up determined him to have a penis, testicles and male attributes. So. mental issues are all that is left.

Or some genetic abnormality that brings a person to think they are of the opposite sex, as determined by their chromosomes.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, Bruce has a genetic abnormality then. Either way, his actions are not normal.

As for always being a woman.....yeah, his numerous marriages and several children suggest otherwise.

The genetic make up determined him to have a penis, testicles and male attributes. So. mental issues are all that is left.

Or some genetic abnormality that brings a person to think they are of the opposite sex, as determined by their chromosomes.

I feel bad for him--living with the Kardashians would drive anyone nuts.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I agree.

Although, Kris, in my opinion is the hottest out of any of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Sadly people get killed in America every day based on their sexuality

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Gender and sexuality are different, Caitlyn may be a Lesbian hence why she was married. or she could have just been trying to survive being "Normal" by getting married, kids etc. you can see how her suppressing the truth has ended her marriages

It's not a mental issue to know your true Gender

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

So wait wait wait.......you are honestly now offering up this as the reason.

Bruce, was supposed to be born a woman, but not only born a woman, but also a lesbian woman.

This is now getting comical.
So, what you offer is basically a guy. A person born male, who wants to be female, but wants to be with females.

Yeah....no mental issues there at all.

I announce here on ATS. Inside, I am an albino, black, midget Eskimo.

Phew, I am glad I am got that out.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'm not saying she is a Lesbian, i'm saying she could be(she hasn't stated). Sexuality and Gender are separate, you know that.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So, "may" is the term.

You still offered it up as a reason.

Regardless, Bruce has mental issues that should have been worked out before he went to the ol' chopping block or hormone injector.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yeah, cause you said she was married, so either she is a Lesbian OR she was trying to be "Normal" and get married have kids etc

When has she shown any signs of Mental Illness?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

When has she shown any signs of Mental Illness?

Are you being serious?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have a question, you guys are arguing back and forth whether is a mental issue, or not.

What is it when someone goes through the transition and regrets it, which happens more often than anyone realizes.

Even Renée Richards

"It's not something for somebody in their 40s to do, someone who's had a life as a man, - - - If you're 18 or 20 and never had the kind of (advantages) I had, and you're oriented in that direction, sure, go ahead and make right what nature didn't. But if you're a 45-year-old man and you're an airline pilot and you have an ex-wife and three adolescent kids, you better get on Thorazine or Zoloft or Prozac or get locked up or do whatever it takes to keep you from being allowed to do something like this.''

- Renée Richards, Associated Press, February 1999.
"I wish that there could have been an alternative way, but there wasn't in 1975. If there was a drug that I could have taken that would have reduced the pressure, I would have been better off staying the way I was -- a totally intact person. I know deep down that I'm a second-class woman. I get a lot of inquiries from would-be transsexuals, but I don't want anyone to hold me out as an example to follow. Today there are better choices, including medication, for dealing with the compulsion to crossdress and the depression that comes from gender confusion. As far as being fulfilled as a woman, I'm not as fulfilled as I dreamed of being. I get a lot of letters from people who are considering having this operation...and I discourage them all."

- Ren�e Richards, "The Liason Legacy", Tennis Magazine, March 1999.

"She calls the 2004 decision of the International Olympic Committee, which allows transsexuals to compete, �a particularly stupid decision"" . . . "Better to be an intact man functioning with 100 percent capacity for everything than to be a transsexual woman who is an imperfect woman.�"

- Ren�e Richards, as quoted in "The Lady Regrets", New York Times, February 1, 2007

Even Bruce said that after he had his facial feminazation surgery he thought, what have I done, and thought of just shooting himself.

This doesn't sound like someone sure about the decision they are making, this sounds desperate and confused.

"medication, for dealing with the compulsion to crossdress and the depression that comes from gender confusion"

and I am not judging here, I am curious, I find the whole thing very complicated.
edit on 043030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 043030p://bMonday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The ignorance is showing so much in the replies on this post! There is no 'gay agenda', unless wanting to be treating as an equal human being is an agenda. Even in society of today,there is a difference between how a white person, male or female, is treated as compared to how a minority person is treated. As of now, LGBTQ persons are considered a minority. Those who identify with the LGBTQ peoples ARE discriminated against, treated as second class citizens and even MURDERED, simply for being different. It is reminiscent of how blacks were treated in the time of persons such as Rosa Parks and Dr. Martin Luther King. Do LGBTQ persons choose to be that way? No, they do not. It is simply who they are, much as blacks are born with dark skin. How hard is it to understand this? I don't understand how some people are so "against" seeing or hearing anything about the LGBTQ community. This is just the latest group that has been oppressed and suffocated for far too long!! It is time for all of society to realize the LGBTQ community is not going anywhere, has always been around, and they deserve the same rights as EVERYONE ELSE. I tend to think that those who are so opposed to any group other than the one they "belong" to are the most hate-filled and unhappy people of the world. How exactly, does the way another human being lives their life, impact YOUR life? How exactly does it change your rights to accept that the LGBTQ community deserve all of the rights that other groups take for granted?

And no, I am not lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgendered or queer. However, I am accepting of people from all walks of life, no matter their sexual preference, religion, skin color, etc. It's called being a HUMAN BEING. Just because someone does something, or is someone, that you don't like or agree with does NOT give you the right to deem them unworthy, 'crazy' or second class citizens. While you have the right to your opinion, you do not have the right to impose your opinions on others. If someone has, is, does something you don't like, it is their right. Just as it is your right to like, be, do what you like.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The glorification of feminized beauty or just feminization idolatry is a hell-of-a double edge sword.

It may be manna to the fashion and sex industry but may be playing havoc on the social and psychological fabric of the Western world.

There’s something called modesty and balance, that although is primarily a religious paradigm, it may be the case that soon the social sciences may be advocating moderation as a antidote to the over sexualization of the Western world.

Balance is the key

Of course that cant be forced on people, so we are in the hands of our own excess

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Four-year remission of transsexualism after comorbid obsessive-compulsive disorder improved with self-exposure therapy. Case report.
Marks IM1, Mataix-Cols D.
Author information
Abstract
BACKGROUND:
There has been no report of comorbid transsexualism and obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) or of their differential course over follow-up.
METHOD:
Such comorbidity and follow-up are documented in a case report.
RESULTS:
A man who had been transsexual and homosexual since early adolescence developed severe OCD at age 40 as he became depressed when his mother, to whom he was very close, died. Two years later he was referred for his OCD. He refused treatment for his transsexualism. As his OCD and mood improved with self-exposure therapy, his transsexualism and homosexuality remitted also. Four years later depression and transsexualism recurred and remained to six-year follow-up despite full remission in OCD continuing throughout.
CONCLUSIONS:
The sequence is like that in other cases in whom unusual sexual behaviour remitted for years after comorbid disorders improved with various treatments, or after circumstances changed.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join