It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
No offense there Prime I only speak from my personal experience and not for everyone to be clear. You are kind of right though I guess in that at least me personally I prefer the company of manly men over effeminate men. Kind of like how gay males typically have no interest in trans-women because well the men accept and see them as women.

a reply to: TrappedPrincess

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Sounds like a scenario where a bunch of overly sensitive types can't agree on who has been oppressed worse when they should be celebrating and supporting one another, just my two cents.

a reply to: Darth_Prime

Yaaas!

Oppression is Oppression, we have to stand together not argue over who has it worse.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Oh i wasn't offended

I'm okay with everyone inside and outside of the Alphabet community

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Likewise

see what Civility can bring, regardless if you agree or disagree with someone. when people are not throwing hateful attacks or slurs at each other we can Coexist

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, if Bruce came out and stated, "Inside I am Napoleon and I must transform into Napoleon", how is this any different?

Replace Napoleon with female, and that is all the difference.

The difference is, there is no Napoleonic agenda making political rounds through America. Duh.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
a reply to: Annee

Right, as a Highly Effeminate Male who is a Drag Queen and has some gender Fluidity i find myself getting discriminated by my own community at times, there is a Mind set by some that you have to be a "Mans Man" and effeminate people are just "Twinks" who give men a bad name

Yes. It's not an area I go to in discussion. But, I know.

There is need to cooperate as a Whole and put petty differences aside.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: macman

So, if Bruce came out and stated, "Inside I am Napoleon and I must transform into Napoleon", how is this any different?

Replace Napoleon with female, and that is all the difference.

The difference is, there is no Napoleonic agenda making political rounds through America. Duh.

Except through Belgium and the Low Countries.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

you know, i think i'm fighting for something different than what we are Debating, i'm fighting for Respect and the "Normality" of anyone within the LGBTQ umbrella, by saying it's "Genetic Abnormality" it makes it seem like it's a defect, and we/they are not normal humans and don't deserved to be treated like such. to be honest, i don't know why a Transgender is born in the Wrong Body, i don't know why i was Born Gay, or some Gender Fluid.. i don't know the exact reason, i just know i was, and i am.. and if it is a Genetic Abnormality it at least proves we were born this way.

I just want people to be treated with Respect and Love, regardless if you are Genetically perfect or have a "Genetic Abnormality" if that is what it is. i want us to get equal protection and Laws, i don't want us to get discriminated or abused, or Killed, or attacked or treated like second class citizens..

so maybe it is a Genetic Abnormality, but then what?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

there is a dire need to cooperate as a whole, i wish that these Grass Root efforts, and us Rainbow Flag Waving Activist
would get more funding and attention, and not just the HRC or GLADD

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

there is a dire need to cooperate as a whole, i wish that these Grass Root efforts, and us Rainbow Flag Waving Activist
would get more funding and attention, and not just the HRC or GLADD

And both those have had shakeups and management issues.

All I can do is support. And help the next generation be open, aware, and informed.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

so maybe it is a Genetic Abnormality, but then what?

We are ALL genetic mutations from the first human.

We are not clones. We are a mixed bag of ingredients that varies in the outcome.

Red hair and green eyes is "abnormal" if you want to compare it to the human origin.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And i personally thank you!

So if we are all Genetic Mutations than what is the big deal about Transgender people, or Gay people? it just seems like another way to throw us into a "Sub-Human" lower class to justify not giving us Equal rights, and almost justifying abuse

Speaking of Genetic Mutations.. does that mean i'm like a Gay X-Men!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Speaking of Genetic Mutations.. does that mean i'm like a Gay X-Men!!!

You'd look Fab in the suit!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I am not angry about this at all.

I will not be forced into calling Bruce a woman. Nor will I be shunned for it, nor will I be brow beaten.
His chromosomes are that of a male. He is a male.

Here is my issue. Stop trying to force others to accept people like Bruce. Plain and simple really.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Nope, it was a nightly discussion with my BIL, but that is a very funny coincidence.

And it doesn't matter really. Napoleon, black midget Eskimo, a dog......it is someone stating they want to be something they are not.

Bruce's chromosomes don't lie. He is a male.

Now, I shall state this again, as we have chatted about this before.
Late 90s early 2000s I DJ'ed at clubs and Raves, organized club nights and Raves, attended Drag Shows as a watcher (Mainly because I was guaranteed drinks bought for me and it was fun) gay friends and a couple gay relatives.

I am a Libertarian and a Christian. You are free to do what ever you want in your life and bedroom. I don't agree with most of it, nor do I approve of it, nor do I want to be a part of it. But.............it is your life not mine.

Simple login can be applied to this. Occam's razor if you will. There are 2 options here. Bruce either has a mental issue or is a genetic abnormality.
edit on 10-6-2015 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Okay, here it goes....what Bruce is doing or has done is not normal.
Changing your sex, when the chromosomes are cast and set is not normal.

Now...he is free to do what he wants, regardless how I view it. I don't live his life.

But.....and again, I don't have to accept it as normal. The fact that the media is pushing this is very sad. They do it for ratings, all at the expense of a man that clearly has major issues.

Do I think anyone should be killed or attacked for this?? No.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Do you have Proof of Chromosomes that are "set"? do you know the exact ones she has? do you know exactly how they are configured in her body?

Lets say she has a genetic abnormality, that she was female and somehow got mutated male chromosomes (or whatever it is) which caused her to have a male body..wouldn't she be fixing it by her transition?

just because you have Gay friends or relatives doesn't give you a pass to disrespect us...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Buzz words: "Raise awareness" (what the h*ll does THAT mean. You have to have been living in a dark cave in the middle of nowhere to not be aware of LGBT issues. The media has saturated us with it.)

If you really want to know why it seems that the 3.4 percent of LGBT individuals are everywhere all the time in every nook and cranny and in your face demanding all kinds of things, it's because it is a money wheel for those non-profits that use it for their "cause". Check this out: www.lgbtfunders.org...

The little lgbt's are nothing but bait, imo, for these Big Non-Profits that raise money for the "cause"....you know...."to raise awareness". The Biggies have a huge public relations wheel that keeps squeaking as loud as it can, and, by god, you are going to hear it, see it, and accept it if it takes $100,000,000,000,000,000 to get it done.

I hate it when people are used unknowingly just to line someone else's pockets.
edit on 10-6-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Please review the science involved with chromosomes.
If it is a mutation, then it is an abnormality. It is, by default then, not normal. Fixing him....I guess maybe. But, we are still under the "not normal" scenario.

As for respect.....I am free to disrespect or respect anyone I choose. You, nor Bruce, nor the vast amount of people in the LGBTV community haven't done anything to earn my respecting them.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Okay so it's "Not Normal" now what? are we no longer Humans? are we no longer the same class of people?

if the world conceded that everyone under the LGBTQ Umbrella is "Not Normal" what is the next step?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join