It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

She hasn't had surgery yet, and when she does it's elective.. her ""Freedom"" so no one is "Cutting up anyone".

I just want to know what the next step is if everyone agrees that anyone under the LGBTQ umbrella is a Genetic Abnormality?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Sorry, but much of that list was not only reported by main stream media, but it was WIDELY reported.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Look, I'm not to going to argue the pros and cons of same sex couples raising children. There will be testaments from both sides about what they felt growing up. Some will be full of praise and others will tell you about their shame. I have read both.

Annee, you are so caught up in believing you are the one with the "moral righteousness", but there is so much you don't get because you are blinded by what you perceive as progress. Nobody on this thread thinks gays, lesbians, transgenders, or bisexuals are less than human. That is the problem with people like you.

You push and push and push believing your way is righteous. Others are much more protective of children and simply want more information about LONG TERM consequences of opening this can of worms before we open up the open-adoption arena to this group. Nowhere near enough studies have been done all the way around.

Why can't you and others understand that that thinking is logical, cautious, compassionate, and just as valid as your way of thinking? But, then again, I understand that when someone can suck the life that is growing in their womb out as if it is just dust under the bed, their thinking WILL BE different from others. That's the kind of world we live in now.....that's the kind of mentality others feel compelled to fight.

Maybe what you think is progressive is actually more destructive than you can imagine, but pushing your agenda just makes you feel good about these kinds of choices, I guess. I'm out of here now.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

How about its another facet of human diversity?

A talking??? A talking point is what you offer up.
Sure sure then.

originally posted by: daryllyn

You seem pretty bothered based on your continued intolerant comments, suggesting that there is a defect, a mistake, a mental illness, or genetic abnormality as a cause.

really..All you can retort with is the Gay version of calling me a racist.

Does anyone here actually understand the number driven statistics involving what is an anomaly or not normal?

Gay, or wanting to change one's sex is not a normal, as per the numbers.

Wanting to be a woman, when you are born a male, with actual science backing this and not just the emotional drivel of the heart, is not normal.
If Bruce was in fact born a woman in a males body, then yes, no matter if you call me insensitive, is a genetic abnormality.

Just because you don't like the color white, for instance, doesn't make it not white. And just because you don't want to call it that, doesn't mean much.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

And as I stated many times before, I back his personal choice to do so.
It is very sad, and I don't in any way agree with it. But, it is his choice.

I offered next steps in my last response.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

but who says the color white is the color white? you are told whats normal and what to believe but there exist outside the Binary..

Now, serious question, i am a Genetic Abnormality.. now what?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

So you're talking about the psychological damages of not having a "Man" and a "Women" talking strictly Gender here?

so would you agree to take away a single parents baby? if that Baby wasn't going to grow up with both Parents (Male and Female) and they don't have the Gender defined Roles, take the baby away?

What if a Straight guy wanted to raise his baby with his Straight Male friend? or his Brother? or his Dad? should the baby be taken away?

Or do same-sex couples only cause psychological damage?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Annee, you are so caught up in believing you are the one with the "moral righteousness", but there is so much you don't get because you are blinded by what you perceive as progress. Nobody on this thread thinks gays, lesbians, transgenders, or bisexuals are less than human. That is the problem with people like you.

People like me? People without prejudice.

I was raised by a disabled mother and an elderly grandmother. I'm sure some would consider that a negative environment for raising children.

I was loved. I was safe. I was part of a family.

There is no, but . . . .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Man I have tried to stay away from this thread as it has started to get really ugly with all the "I'm sorry but IT tithis and IT that.

What if I referred to your child as IT or that THING hmm, I bet you would be all up in arms ready to throw down. Good thing this is an internet forum because I feel that way too.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You really need to take a deep breath.
Listen you either choose or you are born the way you are.

If you are born the way you are and happen to be under the LGBTQ (had to google that!) umbrella,
you are born the way you are, like under 1% of the population or so.

abnormal
adjective
not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard:
abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.

so logic tells smaller 1% = abnormal

Nothing rude in this word "abnormal", it´s how you put it.
Yes, being homosexual/bisexual/transgender is not normal thus abnormal.
It´s the truth. The greatest part of the population is heterosexual.

My OPINION is that yes, people like you and for example my niche that happend to grow up partly with me is bisexual and born that way because DNA was "damaged" or simply different is the word I like more. Everyone has "damaged dna" to some levels otherwise there would be no mutation of genes. The rest is obvious.

Do I have a problem with it? No.
Does she has a problem with it? No. She sees it the same way! You can write her she´s "StareDad" here she´s standing right next to me now as I called her for allowance on writing this post.

You really need to calm down on that issue is what she´s saying. It´s how you represent yourself.
Other people can know about her preferences but they don´t have to. Simply because it´s her life and not theirs.

edit on 11-6-2015 by verschickter because: using "" clipped the post, damn injection filter

edit on 11-6-2015 by verschickter because: damn injection protection doesn´t let me use "smaller as" sign

edit on 11-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

No, i get it.. i just don't like anyone under the LGBTQ Umbrella to be called abnormal as a "Slur" or in a negative way. i am in firm belief i was a Male born gay with Gender Fluidity, if i am a genetic abnormality, or a genetic Mutation, fine trust me i own it, but i'm still human, Abnormal and Proud but still a Human.

and if i'm a Genetic Abnormality, it has to prove we were born this way

tell StareDad Hi

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

My OPINION is that yes, people like you and for example my niche that happend to grow up partly with me is bisexual and born that way because DNA was "damaged" or simply different is the word I like more. Everyone has "damaged dna" to some levels otherwise there would be no mutation of genes. The rest is obvious.

There are many words that are innocent in themselves, but take on nefarious meaning with intent - - when used as a slur.

I prefer the word Different. We are ALL Different.

We are ALL mutations from the first human, we are not clones. Red hair and green eyes is "abnormal".

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Personal perception is not reality for everyone else.

So, you are a genetic abnormality. I guess start investigating why that is. Doctors, scientist, hospitals???? I have no clue as to where to start.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Stop being offended all the time.

Here, I want you and Darth to watch something. It is dipped in testosterone, wrapped in manliness and scented with "mind your business".

There is strong language, so make sure you are okay to listen.

It drives the point that I have stated.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok some video of some nasally guy pretending that an action figure (and I don't think firefly would have appreciated the use of his likeness) can talk ranting about an issue he obviously knows nothing about is a great way to make your point. The haters and skeptics aren't even worth debating any longer. We have resorted to low budget puppetry, I'm offended sir I'm offended that you have brought in a puppet to discuss this important issue.

SMFH, *chuckle* *sigh*

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

It drives the point that I have stated.

You think I'm incapable of understanding you?

1. You accept people as they are. But, you don't always accept their reason/belief etc.

2. You are correct in the term abnormal. But, your added personal feelings/belief present it as a slur, rather then just a discriptive word.

3. You're set in your "old school" kind of black and white, I'm not changing, thinking. At almost 70, I've known plenty of men like that.

4. You don't seem to be able to separate gender from sexuality.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

It gets the point across.

Stop being butthurt people. Very simple.

The other videos are great as well. Jungle is one of my favorites.

Lots out there in Youtube-land to be explored.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

To do what though? Fix me? make me "Straight"? take Medication? Surgery? isn't that the problem you have with Caitlyn? Fixing herself...

there is no answer, we exist, we were born with whatever "Gene Mutation" or "abnormality". so i can't understand why people focus their energy on the LGBTQ umbrella as less deserving

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

You think I'm incapable of understanding you?

It should be very clear, yet

1. You accept people as they are. But, you don't always accept their reason/belief etc.

I don't accept anyone I choose not to accept.
You are free to do what ever it is you want. I never stated I accept all.

2. You are correct in the term abnormal. But, your added personal feelings/belief present it as a slur, rather then just a discriptive word.

And again,

You assume.....

3. You're set in your "old school" kind of black and white, I'm not changing, thinking. At almost 70, I've known plenty of men like that.

So, with your assumptions placed I shall let loose with mine and see just how far things go when YOU allow yours to drive your emotional filled life.
You sound like an angry old lesbian feminist that has read and lived her life using the principle that "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle". I have known plenty like you.

See how that works? And you call ME the ignorantly biased one.

4. You don't seem to be able to separate gender from sexuality.

I haven't really talked about sexuality now have I.
Care to inject any more of your false assumptive statement here?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Sure, abnormal sounds so degrading I do not deny that.
Embrace the differences

BTW, it does not help any side to think in sharp bordered horizons.
Its my feeling from reading your both posts that you see yourself in a kind of war, just the gist I got while reading some pages of discussion. The most part of the population is not out to get you or my niche. They simply do not care like me, because they might not even know.

See there will always be intolerant people on both sides. I met some "top pride homosexuals" from both gender at the local BDSM circles that happen to be. They were like "ew a hetero such a waste" (translated, not original sentence) and I met some totally chilled homo-/bisexual people that are ashamed of the said type of persons. With the last ones I once had a blast (edit: no pun intended!) and never felt like "prey" or such, just some guys having funny nice time together. The first ones, well I heard that and I was like # you, you idiot, go home to die. No seriously, thats sentence was as racism as it could get and it really hit my buttons. I went around the table just to tell him how deluded and idiotic this sentence was since he said it so I could hear. You could think in bdsm scene you have people that are tolerant but hey you never stop learning.

Then there are the types of mostly male homosexual persons that just have to show the world how homosexual they are, with every move and chance, serving every clichee possible. Well those are the type of people that do great harm to the whole thing.

On the other hand, I shake my head in facepalmed disbelieve whenever someone says "that´s gay" just because the person does not like it. I never heard any accusiations in real life agains homosexuals yet, from hetero to homo so to speak but that may be connected with the urban area I live in. On the other hand, my niche is living with me under the same roof so...not that uncommon again I think.

I know this post revolved mostly around homo-/bisexuality but I hope you get my message.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join