It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We are not needing a DeGrasse or Hawkin moment where the cosmos are roped into the discussion.

We are talking about life here on earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

That is a great point. And what about multiple people getting married together?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So because you want to narrowly define your bubble of normalcy, that gives you carte blanche to belittle people who are less normal than you? Like I said, zoom out far enough and we are all abnormal, so what's the big deal exactly?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

That is a great point. And what about multiple people getting married together?

Like I said, "provided that all parties are consenting adults".

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Topic

10 Stories the Mainstream Media Ignored While Obsessing Over Caitlyn Jenner

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

really....narrowing the bubble to humans on earth is me belittling people.

WOW.

Alright then. So I am belittling people by stating that the want to become something that thier genetic makeup states that they aren't is not normal. And that means what?

I guess that I am also a racist by pointing out the black people have darker skin pigments then white people. So what.

edit on 12-6-2015 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I'm saying. So what? If someone wants to become something they aren't and can make themselves similar enough that they are happy and can blend in as that thing they aren't, then who really cares? Let them do it, and be happy that they are happy.

edit on 12-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I have stated they have the freedom to do so.

Where is the disconnect?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Then what's the problem? That you want to insist on calling these people abnormal?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

really....narrowing the bubble to humans on earth is me belittling people.

WOW.

Alright then. So I am belittling people by stating that the want to become something that thier genetic makeup states that they aren't is not normal. And that means what?

I guess that I am also a racist by pointing out the black people have darker skin pigments then white people. So what.

I'm not Japanese.

I'm Native American.

But I love Japan, I live in Japan, and I'd BE Japanese if I could. Which I can, at least in title. But never in biology.

Am I abnormal? You bet! Does it make me less of a person? Nope.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

My statement is that it isn't normal. Bruce was quoted the other day stating that he is the new normal.

I may be mad at my left pinkie finger for not digging out that stuck booger, but It doesn't mean I can deny it being my finger on my hand.

It is abnormal. Either mental or genetic.

If you or anyone else wants to take offense, then you go right ahead. The profession of being butthurt continues on I guess.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Are you going to have surgery performed and take hormones to become Japanese?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you going to have surgery performed and take hormones to become Japanese?
Nope, but how would that be any different from the woman who gets breast implants, or the man who gets a face lift?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

And like I said, zoom out far enough and everything is not normal. So why does it matter what is normal and what isn't? If you were to look in a suburb composed of 90% transgenders than Jenner WOULD be normal. It's all a matter of perspective.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ok MAC, for the sake of argument ill agree with you and say I am abnormal and mentally disabled in some way. What next? Are you still going to go out of your way to be abrasive and ill spirited.

Would you use slurs and verbal jabs at Corky from "life goes on" or any other mentally challenged person?

Come to think of it, I think your abnormal and mentally disabled. You don't see me going out of my way to be a RICHARD like you.

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 16:26:12 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:26:12 -050026 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 16:26:51 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 16:26:51 -050026 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 12 Jun 2015 17:42:41 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago12-05:00Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:42:41 -050042 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Artorius

My 2¢....

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Good point.

SO, breast implants I guess are changing the genetic makeup.
And why would a male get a facelift?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

No, it does not fall under the perception realm.
It isn't normal what Bruce has done.
Even spread out across the world, it isn't normal.

And this "zoom out far enough" thing.....I guess space aliens have sex changes then??

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Are you fu&*ing kidding me?

What slurs have I stated? Be specific.

As I stated, the use of the comparison is a comparison. That is it. How about you stop being butt hurt and read what I typed.

Either it is a mental illness, or a genetic abnormality. I can't help that you are all upset with that.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

No, it does not fall under the perception realm.
It isn't normal what Bruce has done.
Even spread out across the world, it isn't normal.

No, you are wrong. Normal is ENTIRELY subjective and therefore it is completely up to perception.

And this "zoom out far enough" thing.....I guess space aliens have sex changes then??

Maybe. We don't know anything about alien genders. I'm sure if they have genders, they've thought about it and possibly attempted it. Or maybe they haven't. But that wasn't the point I was trying to make.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join