It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Eating Bacon Was Deemed An Offense Punishable By Death...Then What?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Since there seems to be much discussion over drawing cartoons of Muhammad and what 'danger' it entails, i thought I would ask a few questions of equal weight and thought.

Being that the mere DEPICTION of Muhammad is considered a huge "sin" in the eyes of Sharia (not just insulting cartoons) I ask the people here, what if Jihadi or extremist Muslims made a NEW decry that all forms of Bacon consumption are punishable by death? What if tomorrow the goal posts were moved in that direction?

What would you do?

Would you stop consumption because it would be 'offensive'? Would you change the menu at our restaurant? Would Christmas Hams be bought under cover on the Black Market? Or would you draw the line there and show solidarity in your FREEDOM to eat Bacon, according to AMERICAN laws?

I think it's quite sad that a Religious group (Any Religious group) for that matter, gets to dictate by threat of violence what is 'offensive by death' within OUR borders. And people cower in fear and say not to provoke them. Who decided what is 'provoking' in the first place?

If ISIS decided depiction of Men being gay was punishable by death, would we all submit? Because that also is equally as "immoral" to Sharia Law.

I ask this is an Agnostic. I'm not here representing any side and have no dog in the race, but as an artist I am really concerned at all the talk of not being "offensive" and people deserving what they get if violence breaks out. The focus is not on the THREATS or INITIATORS of violence, it's in the "provoking". It makes me wonder what kind of soft PC society have we become if outside RELIGIOUS forces dictate the terms of offensive material....WHICH IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.

Two men traveled over 1000 miles recently to MASSACRE complete strangers, over essentially cartoons of a Man they never met, who died over 1300 years ago. If they can do that, what is the next goal post. Bacon or Gays?

Things like this need to be stomped out NOW or else we all lose, no matter what our feelings are about the Dogmatic aspect of it all or how much you dislike the people who are making such drawings. This must be opposed on principle alone.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I would eat bacon...

I think people are far to worried about sharia law in the states.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Medina, Saudi Arabia | An American businessman is presently detained by Saudi authorities under the suspicion of trafficking large quantities of bacon into the country after a breath analyzer showed the man had ingested high levels of pork in the previous 24 hours, reports the Medina Tribune this morning.

The man’s lawyer who claims his client was traveling in the country for business these past two weeks showed “alarming levels” of pork in his blood have warned Saudi authorities who have recently dismantled a major illegal bacon-trafficking network on the Saudi black market and are still on high alert.

American Man Arrested at Saudi Airport Under Suspicions of ‘Bacon Trafficking’

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
They would have to pry my bacon from my cold dead hands!

Molon Labe!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
1) Bacon
2) Gays
3) Christians
4) Fornicators
5) Adulterers
6) Alcoholics

Take your pick of any of the above. Imagine them telling us they are all equally punishable by death.

Would you be prone to say doing them was a "provocation"?
edit on 29-5-2015 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Irrelevant... as usual.

What's the problem? Bacon isn't going anywhere. I loves me my bacon. Excellent at breakfast and awesome on an entree at supper. Would I digress from pig during my work time? Why not? I like beef, turkey and chicken too.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
As Mel Gibson said in some movie. . . .

"You can take my land, but you can't take away my bacon!"

Then he said "Bacon" and died when they stabbed him in the eye or something.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The whole bacon fad is getting tiresome, just as the craze over zombies is too.

Yes, we get it...bacon is tasty and zombies are fun to watch on TV. Get over it.

It's Friday, I have no idea where that bout of grumpiness came from. Sorry guys...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What would JESUS do? Would JESUS eat bacon?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think people are taking this as a joke thread about Bacon, or the Bacon 'fad"

I was actually using it as an illustration. It wasn't meant at all to be humorous.

My mistake I guess. Thread lost on a word. Oh well....MURIKA

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

No one stands between me and a gob full of dead pig. No one, and nothing. Death himself could come for me, and would be cast down with a broken jaw, if he attempted to take me before my bacon munching is done.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

That's an interesting question. He was Jewish so, no. He came, not to replace the law but to fulfill it. So, no. He wouldn't have dissed those that did though.

(post by Greathouse removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

nope, before the romans bastardized christianity they were strict vegans, hence any christian/catholic that has eaten meat goes to hell, unlucky dudes

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The whole bacon fad is getting tiresome, ....

I'll never tire of bacon. I just had some for dinner.

Yes he'd eat bacon. He 'worked' miracles on the Sabbath and his apostles picked food to eat on the Sabbath. He was interested in the spirit of the law, not the legalities. I have no doubt he'd LUV Him some bacon.

edit on 5/29/2015 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

"LET US BOTH THEN ENJOY THIS SNACK, AS LONG AS YOU UNDERSTAND THAT AFTERWARDS YOU'RE COMING WITH ME."
"SQUEAK" Came from under a chair in agreeance munching on a choice bit of gristle.

Man, I'm gonna miss my yearly Terry Pratchett book more and more every year

edit on 29-5-2015 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Some could argue that eating bacon, or to much of it , is already a death sentence .

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Zombies are real and you are a bacon-hater.

(beezzer sobs and runs out of the room)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In Spain all bars have jam legs hanging. I was told this tradition comes from the times of the Moorish occupation, the moors allowed other religions to exist in Spain, Christians consumed the jam and displayed the leg as symbol of independence and religious freedom.

So Muslims in Spain develop mathematics, made wonderful constructions and allowed the exercise of others religions in the territory, and how do the Christians paid this kindness when they got the control of the peninsula? convert all Muslims by force in 1500 and 400 years of inquisition after that

So there you have it, defending your right to eat pork is not new, its a battle of over 500 years, keep on the crusade folks

Oh and if you are wondering, not eating the pork may have killed you at the time of the inquisition, if you wanted to live you had to convert to Catholicism, many did it but keep practicing their religion in secret, so at public meetings if you dint eat the pork you would have rise suspicions to the inquisitor than your conversion was fake. 500 years ago we were ISIS

edit on 29-5-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm just a small town bacon lawyer..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join