It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Eating Bacon Was Deemed An Offense Punishable By Death...Then What?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If you value the sanctity of life, then yes it is a pretty sickening crime to eat bacon.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ashirah

Oh, it's aaaaaaaaaaaaallll perfectly legal.

(Gawd, I hate commercials.)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
What would JESUS do? Would JESUS eat bacon?

He was a Jew so wouldn't own or harvest pigs (pork products) as considered dirty animals (not kosher). Muslims do not eat pork either. Those two brothers were on the same page on one thing at least.
edit on 29-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

If eating Bacon was punishable by death?
I say it would be a good day to die.

Who's up for the local 24/7 diner?
We'll stage our protest there.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Who pooped in your cheerios? What about zombie bacon that eats back? How about that?

ETA: I was joking. You sounded so grumpy I had to try to at least get a chuckle.
edit on 29-5-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would sit and eat with my bacon in one hand and gun in the other and dare anyone to take either from me.
They do know that there's beef and turkey bacon too, don't they?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I like bacon..

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Depends on the century.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

There is another side to this which you are unaware of and that is pork is the most poisonous meat there is, it is put into the jewish, christian and muslim bibles to protect peoples lives. it contains 140 flu viruses which are unaffected by heat they also contain tapeworms and other parasites, and the scum are now putting a huge amount of high fructose corn syrup into the bacon which can have around 90% fructose in it which is extremely bad for your liver.

It is only when you understand that religions are meant to divide us and are controlled by the ruling class that you see the propaganda being used. Religion is just one of the things that keeps evil in control of the population.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Science Takes It Back, Says Bacon Will Help You Live Longer
Read more at www.foodbeast.com...

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateHatred

nope, before the romans bastardized christianity they were strict vegans, hence any christian/catholic that has eaten meat goes to hell, unlucky dudes

Please elucidate on the subject that Christians were vegetarians before the Romans.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
No one knows that Jesus would do.

Religious, and do's and don'ts didn't come til after the Torah, and the Bible, and the Qu'ran.

That list made up by men pretending to speak for god.

Anyone that's my opinion.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
Since there seems to be much discussion over drawing cartoons of Muhammad and what 'danger' it entails, i thought I would ask a few questions of equal weight and thought.

Being that the mere DEPICTION of Muhammad is considered a huge "sin" in the eyes of Sharia (not just insulting cartoons) I ask the people here, what if Jihadi or extremist Muslims made a NEW decry that all forms of Bacon consumption are punishable by death? What if tomorrow the goal posts were moved in that direction?

What would you do?

Would you stop consumption because it would be 'offensive'? Would you change the menu at our restaurant? Would Christmas Hams be bought under cover on the Black Market? Or would you draw the line there and show solidarity in your FREEDOM to eat Bacon, according to AMERICAN laws?

I think it's quite sad that a Religious group (Any Religious group) for that matter, gets to dictate by threat of violence what is 'offensive by death' within OUR borders. And people cower in fear and say not to provoke them. Who decided what is 'provoking' in the first place?

If ISIS decided depiction of Men being gay was punishable by death, would we all submit? Because that also is equally as "immoral" to Sharia Law.

I ask this is an Agnostic. I'm not here representing any side and have no dog in the race, but as an artist I am really concerned at all the talk of not being "offensive" and people deserving what they get if violence breaks out. The focus is not on the THREATS or INITIATORS of violence, it's in the "provoking". It makes me wonder what kind of soft PC society have we become if outside RELIGIOUS forces dictate the terms of offensive material....WHICH IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH.

Two men traveled over 1000 miles recently to MASSACRE complete strangers, over essentially cartoons of a Man they never met, who died over 1300 years ago. If they can do that, what is the next goal post. Bacon or Gays?

Things like this need to be stomped out NOW or else we all lose, no matter what our feelings are about the Dogmatic aspect of it all or how much you dislike the people who are making such drawings. This must be opposed on principle alone.

Gays or bacon......gays bro, bacons too good.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Even as a vegetarian... I just might do it.

Or at least eat a tofu version and pronounce loudly that it's bacon.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well the old testament is before Jesus correct?

If he went by that then he would not have eaten bacon.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I would eat bacon...

I think people are far to worried about sharia law in the states.

i wonder if people truly are afraid of 'them'
i mean muslims or isis or the terrorist or whatever/whoever

i see it on message boards all the time. all the alleged 'fear' that americans have.

do we really have it?

i ask cause i dont see it out here in the real world and i certainly dont feel it.

i mean are people honestly afraid of any of that S?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Science Takes It Back, Says Bacon Will Help You Live Longer
Read more at www.foodbeast.com...

Yeah and I bet it's the same scientists that tell you cows milk is good for you, if you think that 100 thousand people in America that die every year from the flu and we know the flu is extremely concentrated in pork 1 +1 and all that just means pork is being used to wipe out older people.
Even the Australian government ask the people that provide free food for the homeless not to give people pork,
also you have to include that when you heat meat above 100f it starts to denature and various other baddies are taken up in the meat especially with the use of gas cooking then you can see that the post on here the other day that 50% of all science papers are wrong then the science paper you have found is just another addition to this club.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: neo96

Well the old testament is before Jesus correct?

If he went by that then he would not have eaten bacon.

Dunno about that he was the 'son' of god, and all.

Prolly got to do what he wanted.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
People Ate Pork in the Middle East Until 1,000 B.C.—What Changed?

Chickens are more nasty than pigs.

Of course their 'cleanlyness' depends on how they are kept.

Pastured pigs are pretty clean, and so are chickens.

Dunno why pork was banned.

After all it IS one of god's creatures.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
I ask the people here, what if Jihadi or extremist Muslims made a NEW decry that all forms of Bacon consumption are punishable by death? What if tomorrow the goal posts were moved in that direction?

What would you do?

I would make a public statement that, if an attempt on my life for eating bacon fails, the individuals who tried it will receive fistfulls of salt pork jammed down their throats in return for their troubles. and then I'd carry on with my life, enjoying all of nature's delicious animals, prepared to do exactly what I stated I would do if anyone had enough of a problem with my diet to try something that amazingly stupid.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join