It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Eating Bacon Was Deemed An Offense Punishable By Death...Then What?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It depends on who I was and where I was. Some choices are a matter of rationale not rules. That is why the practice is in a religious context. If first no pork, what next, no giraffe? But giraffe has a split hoof and chews the cud. Pork was denied for its association with toilets. Holy practices are for holy-wannabe people not everybody.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Science Takes It Back, Says Bacon Will Help You Live Longer
Read more at www.foodbeast.com...

Salt and nitrates, bacon is a cured product (you ingest?). You are mummifying your body before the death experience. You are what you eat.

Well let me think ... remembering my James Herriot, if I had to pick a method of body preservation as an English farmer, I think I'd go for their bacon every time of the peat bogs.

You reanimated?

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Blame Canada!

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

Nah, just remembering his descriptions of the bacon the crusty old English hill farmers would. If they were mummifying themselves, it sounds like much more pleasant method than being buried in peat.

posted on May, 29 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
originally posted by: ketsuko

vhb: You reanimated?

ketsuko: Nah, just remembering his descriptions of the bacon the crusty old English hill farmers would. If they were mummifying themselves, it sounds like much more pleasant method than being buried in peat.

That is the 'smoking' process using peat; preserved (in the pinch of starvation status) could as well be edible. Food stuffs are what they are. No one actually tells the truth of these things.
edit on 29-5-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

If Eating Bacon Was Deemed An Offense Punishable By Death...Then What?

I'd be a dead Mfkr..

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

I would think to myself, damn, what a stupid world we live in, where people get upset about pictures, and where people get upset by people being upset about pictures, and where people need to think they have to ram their particular hatred/misconception/bigotry home by expressing it in such an absurd manner on internet forums.

And then I'd sit down with my numerous friends from many different religions, including the abrahamic ones, and have a bacon sandwich, as I have done several times before.

Thats what I'd do.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   

if eating bacon = death sentence - let me die with a mouth full

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

where people get upset by people KILLING PEOPLE OVER PICTURES pictures, 

There, that's better.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain
What would you do?

I'm vegan, so I wouldn't care.

originally posted by: OhOkYeah
If you value the sanctity of life, then yes it is a pretty sickening crime to eat bacon.

Absolutely.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Since we're talking full retard scenarios - a law is also passed that not eating bacon is deemed an offence punishable by death for you and your entire family and bloodline until you are erased from the history books.
edit on 30-5-2015 by Sublimecraft because: you dissn the bacon, you suffer the consequences

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I love where you're going with this, and you're absolutely right.

My logic is that calling doing depictions of Muhammad provocation is astoundingly discriminatory and ignorant. Certainly, it is offensive, just as the depictions of Jesus on South Park is offensive to Christians, but to say that doing some Muhammad cartoons is legitimately dangerous is inadvertently admitting that you think Muslims are brutal savages that are going to engage in violence over it.

They're not. They're people just like you and me, and some satire from some random morons is not going to cause the entire Muslim world to erupt in violence and murder. If you think it will, you really have to ask yourself if you're a bigot.

And if you have legitimate reason to actually believe that such a thing will result in violence and murder and mayhem, then you really have to ask yourself just why we are letting people with such dangerous and intolerant ideals into Western countries.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

You are awesome, but you know what, if people were not willing to harp about stupid stuff, there would be no forum.

No one would read a forum were we sing kumbaya to each other all day long.

sadly

edit on 093131p://bSaturday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why would anyone wanna eat Kevin Bacon? He is totally cool...

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

My mistake I guess. Thread lost on a word. Oh well....MURIKA

That's an ironic statement in my opinion because this thread is something of a joke. Just about any time I see the words Muslim and bacon appear in the same sentence, the first thing I I think is "'MURICA!"

Have thought about a psychiatrist?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Yes, and using peat to help smoke your food imparts flavor to the meat which is still far more pleasurable to one when they are alive then to be buried in the stuff after one has died.

See, I can experience the pleasure of the flavor as a living person ... even if I am getting a jump on self-embalming while I enjoy (I also enjoy self-pickling my liver with the occasional imbibing of various alcoholic beverages too). But to be buried in the stuff that imparts flavor after I die and can no longer experience the pleasure of the flavor it imparts? Not nearly as useful to me in life.

The way I look at things, I am going to die. We all are. Sure, by totally avoiding certain things I might squeeze a few more years out, but is missing the pleasure of those things I would have to abjure worth the few more years of a less joyful and less fully lived and experienced life?

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Then what?

We fight!

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I would think to myself, damn, what a stupid world we live in, where people get upset about pictures, and where people get upset by people being upset about pictures, and where people need to think they have to ram their particular hatred/misconception/bigotry home by expressing it in such an absurd manner on internet forums.

I do agree we do live in a stupid world.

Where everything gets banned under the nom de guerre of 'secularism'.

But when something gets banned under reglious conviction only then it comes stupid.

Take firearms,drugs,and big gulps, and transfats,salt, and smoking.

By edict those are gone from public consumption.

But someone brings up the same thing just with a religious twist then people suddenly have 'better' things to do.

So basically when a religion bans something= bad.

When the secular state does the same thing for pretty much the same reasons a few people don't like.

I think this thread exposes a glaring double standard between the 'church' and the 'state'.

Scant difference between the two.

edit on 30-5-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'd do what I do now, and tell them they can deal! And, yes, it could come to what you describe. Every little push is in that direction, and every time the numbers of Muslims in a nation grow past a certain point, violence follows. They need to be told to get over it, and deal, already, and no one needs to blame someone for "being offensive"! Blaming the victims of violence, and claiming they 'provoked it" is no differennt, as far as I am concerned, from blaming a rape victim.

posted on May, 30 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: xuenchen
What's the problem? Bacon isn't going anywhere. I loves me my bacon. Excellent at breakfast and awesome on an entree at supper. Would I digress from pig during my work time? Why not? I like beef, turkey and chicken too.

What's the problem? Free speech isn't going anywhere. I loves me my free speech. Excellent at breakfast and awesome with an entree at supper. Would I digress from free speech during my work time? Why not? I like fascism, tyranny, and oppression too.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join