It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people witness Ghosts of humans and pets, but not dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This is going to be a very odd topic, so let me first explain myself. Initially I was quite skeptical to the existence of Ghosts; There was no evidence of them, except of course personal experience, and personal experience tends to be extremely unreliable. I thoroughly find that science is our most accurate way of describing natural phenomena that we currently have. The lack of scientific evidence for the existence of Ghost is what caused my skepticism in the first place. I am also an Atheist, and don't believe that Demons or Angels exist, nor do I find a god necessary to exist for humans to become ghosts (if Ghosts are really in fact actual human entities anyways, and not some kind of other theory, such as dimensional slips, or what ever else you can imagine)

Of course, that all changed when I had several personal experiences myself, of which I have no evidence for, nor can I explain in any other possible manner except the conclusion that I came to.

To further explain, this topic isn't about the validity of personal accounts, nor is it about the existence of ghosts. However, I am asking you to humor me for the moment and assume Ghosts really do exist.

You've all heard the stories, and they mainly involve humans being the ones the ghosts are portrayed as. There are other stories which involve animals, mostly dogs and cats. So considering humans are animals, along side Dogs and Cats, why haven't we heard of stories of more creatures being ghosts?

This is a massively loaded question; I know. No one can agree as to what a ghost really is (a spirit, the manifestation of a persons consciousness, Dimension stuffs, etc), so again, I ask to keep in mind that this is a hypothetical situation where ghost stories are factual, and the ghosts of Humans and pets within those stories are real.

So, what are some theories that you can speculate on as to why we don't see ghosts of everything, everywhere?
edit on 24/5/15 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Not sure about other beings, but I have seen apparitions before of many different types, including dinosaurs. Strange phenomena pop up around me all the time and I have to do a double take because I can not believe what my Kateyes have seen! Maybe in order to see them you have to first believe that they can and maybe you have to have a special frequency within you in order to access them? They may, also, have to feel some connection to you (other beings) in order to manifest at a specific time?

Interesting topic, thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
That is an excellent question, of which I have no answer. Why don't we experience ghosts of cavemen or other ancient people or indeed dinosaurs. I had never even thought of this aspect before now and look forward very much to the discussion this thread will generate. S&F for originality and thought provoking.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I will take a stab at formulating a hypothesis here:

Maybe we don't see ghosts of dinosaurs because ghosts have some sort of time expiration limit that (although perhaps long like a 1000 years or so) does not stretch into the deep past?

Maybe the average time of a ghost's (how to I say this) "lifespan" is only a few decades or a few 100 years, perhaps rarely a few thousand years?

Maybe lower level animals disperse more quickly than human ghosts?

Or (as I really think about this) perhaps ghosts are in the exclusive realm of humans, and perhaps highly humanized and socialized pets? Perhaps ghosts are intrinsic to "language capability" for example.

Interesting OP.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Because there is a connection beyond any physical connection with our fellow humans, and our pets. A soul to soul connection, if you will.

Obviously, no such connection exists between us and dinosaurs.

MHO, of course.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't really discuss the things I see...

Some of the things I see I couldn't really describe even.

Dinosaurs are a common one.

I also see symbols of what appear to be "dead languages"... As well as binary code.
Not many people discuss those either.

link   
Because Dinosaurs didn't really exist. The fossils were put there by God to test our faith.

link   
Alright, I'll bite.

The only logical explanation, is that dinosaurs don't exist.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Because there is a connection beyond any physical connection with our fellow humans, and our pets. A soul to soul connection, if you will. Obviously, no such connection exists between us and dinosaurs.

You know -- that is probably it entirely.

This would also explain why we don't see a lot of ghosts for insects or wildlife -- not much soul to connect to (in the typical case.)

So -- the question in the OP is answered as far as I am concerned. Nicely stated.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
To throw a plausible on the subject, what (big) if champ, nessy and the other so called cryptos are ghost of long ago?
Just a thought.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Axial Leader

I don't think it's a soul, or lack of...

I think it's the connection... I think.

If that makes any sense.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The loch ness monster may be a ghost, this has been suggested quite a few time's, there was an account from nepal of a westerner who was with a lahma when the lahma stopped, looked angry and hit a boulder very hard, out fell a strange bird he later recognized as a pterodactyl, the lahma prayed for it and he said something came out of it and went up into the sky, the Lahma was angry because it had been trapped.

A more prudent question, why do some people see them, is it an innate ability or is it possible they have an indwelling or possessing spirit that is creating this double vision and allowing them to see two realm's of reality simultaneously.

Most spirit's I have seen are like mist or shadow, when a pet cat died we stayed with him till the end and I saw something come out of him so not only human's have a spirit.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
A ghost is a product of the mind. Since dinosaurs haven't been experienced then there is no visualization by the mind.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Experienced in the real world, you'd be correct.

But experienced vicariously through media, such as movies? Not so much. I think, assuming there's anything to it at all, someone would begin to "see" dinosaur ghosts if experiencing was all that's required.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I see, and especially hear their ghosts all the time. Sometimes, they appear as a semi-truck, screaming down the highway, sometimes as a roaring chainsaw devouring trees. Their slimy ectoplasm is currently seeping onto the shores of Santa Barbara beaches.

Damn dinosaur ghosts!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Isn't it obvious?

It must mean that Dinosaurs didn't have souls!!

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

If ghosts are residual energy, maybe that energy decays or grows weaker over time until it can't be seen anymore.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The answer is a simple one, dinosaurs only ever exist as bones. The Master Coder for this "Matrix Like" existence we live in built them into the "Sand Box" purely for content and conversation, or to distract. Ghost's you see are artifacting from other simulations run on the same piece of hardware just like a PC running multiple programs out of the same RAM memory devices.

Ghost's are an anomaly and when they are found they are removed as you would debug a program, I suspect we would be seeing less and less of the supernatural things the longer we travel into the timeline set.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
The answer is a simple one, dinosaurs only ever exist as bones.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's probably a cultural thing. Many American Indian tribes have a rich spiritual history highlighting otherwordly relationships with many, many animals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join