It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some people witness Ghosts of humans and pets, but not dinosaurs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought I saw the ghost of a dinosaur once, and it was truly terrifying. It was rummaging around in my pantry at 3 o'clock in the morning, its deadly spikes sticking out of its head, as it grunted and stumbled....then I realized it was my alcoholic, fat sister-in-law, and I was on Ambien.

Sorry, I just had to. Interesting topic, though, and a thought-provoking question.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I've got a ghost dog at my place.
Never seen it. Just heard it trot past me a few times.
It's not scary at all.
A T-Rex ghost would be freakin' terrifying.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
The Master Coder for this "Matrix Like" existence we live in built them into the "Sand Box" purely for content and conversation, or to distract.

On a pragmatic level, I think you are probably correct. But on a more metaphysical level (which is really what I think the OP is addressing here) I think the answer is better stated that we have no psychic or spiritual connection with dinosaurs, generally speaking.

IMO, the metaphysical answer is the correct one, but your statement above is also accurate at some level, no doubt.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The entire 'ghost' phenomenon is a vestigial danger signaling system evolved by mammals.

When Og was about to be eaten by a sabertooth, he emitted persistent pheromonal signals that tag the location as being dangerous. When his buddies come down the path later, a few molecules of Og Died Here Badly are picked up by their vomero-nasal organs and stimulate the memory into producing phantom visions and sensations of terror.

This is why you see them outside around concentrations of dead people (cemetaries) or in houses where the people were nuts or evil or something bad happened, because it's a closed environment and it doesn't take mass quantities of signaling pheromone.

Eventually, the signal fades. And reptiles don't produce it. So you see Fluffy, and your cat "sees" the dead people in the house, but you don't see old T-rexes.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I would say that dogs and cats have a spiritual connection with their owners. I personally believe loved ones who have passed, leave signs to their loved ones in the present. I personally wouldn't have believed it until my sister in-law who passed away 5 years ago, started leaving signs to both my wife and her daughter. Signs that were absolutely uncanny and blew my mind! I wrote a thread on these experiences with pictures to back it up a couple of years ago. This thread will blow your mind. Here's the linky. Linky

As far as dogs and cats, I truly believe there is a genuine bond between our pets. My golden retriever greets both my wife and I in the morning with licks and snuggles. She nibbles on my ears every morning, (I don't know exactly what kind of dog related affection that portrays), lol.

My daughter went to medium and had a reading a couple years ago after our family pet golden retriever Ginger passed away. She broke-up with her boyfriend of 2 years and wanted to find out if they would get back together. In no time, during the reading did my daughter mention her beloved dog Ginger, who passed away just 6 months ago. The medium out of the blue tells her she had a light colored long haired dog present who wanted to let her know that she was aware my daughter was holding her head before she was put to sleep! I was there and that is exactly what my daughter was doing. Ginger and her grew up together and had a 14 year loving and caring relationship.

Do I believe in ghosts and spirits, you better believe it.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have often asked a similar question:

Why don't you here about Atheist/Agnostics complaining that their house is haunted?...Do the ghosts just bypass them?

If all it takes to keep from being haunted is not to believe, then I am happy to call myself a non-believer,...I don't need the aggravation ...LOL...

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You've haven't asked everyone that lived if they ever saw a ghost dino, so maybe some have.

But, I would say because nobody alive has ever seen a live dino, while most people alive have seen other live humans or dogs or cats, making a much bigger impression on their neural pathways.

I'd love to see a glowing green T-Rex ghost, that would be BA.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Cephalopod ghosts drive me friggin nuts.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Many reasons I could think of:

Maybe ghosts only exist for spirits that have some sort of unresolved issues or longing to remain here on Earth for one reason or another. Maybe the more "in tune" with nature you live, the less likely you are to have unresolved issues remain, so we only see ghosts of humans, and animals that we have taken out of nature or modified in some way.

Maybe the more intelligent or developed a creatures brain is the stronger it's able to imprint some sort of connection onto the physical world while it lives here, so after it does it' has a greater ability to return as a spirit. That imprint might also fade over time, or maybe it's just natural for ghosts to eventually decide to move on elsewhere, so all the really old ones are just gone from any dimension we can interact with.

Maybe Ghosts can choose whether or not to make themselves appear, and the only spirits that care for humans to see them are humans and some animals that humans have had made an impact on.

Maybe there is something partially genetic and the farther away you get on the tree of life the weaker the ability to perceive a spirit, although seeing pets would imply that we can see spirits of pretty much all mammals at least.

Ghosts might exists, but not actually be specific spirits manifesting themselves but some sort of universal fabric that is being interpreted by whoever is witnessing the ghost, and humans tend to just interpret as another human or familiar animal.

Maybe a soul or spirit only exists for creatures that have some sort of self awareness, the ego is the spark that creates the soul and only a limited number of species posses one.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Pfff.... dinosaurs can't be ghosts.....they are too big to hide behinds us!!

originally posted by: James1982
Maybe a soul or spirit only exists for creatures that have some sort of self awareness, the ego is the spark that creates the soul and only a limited number of species posses one.

That right... none has ever seen a ginger ghost...
edit on SunSun, 24 May 2015 22:08:47 -05001PMkuSundaypm by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Well, you pretty much rejected the logical explanation in your post. You won't accept the existence of God, or angels, or demons, but you want to know why you don't see dinosaur ghosts. I don't know whether to laugh, groan, explain, or what.....

Alright, here goes, but you won't believe it.

Ghosts are not dead people (or pets); they are demons trying to fool people by acting like people and/or pets. Hence, no dinosaurs. Who would want to see a dinosaur ghost, after all? It wouldn't fit what people expect, so it isn't done.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
From what I have experience..

There are 3 types of ghost (so far):

1. Complete ghost
I mean, they have mind and emotion together.
These are the recently deceased, they show themselves in the form they want. Just like my uncle who died in a drowning accident. We we got to him after 3 days in under water, He was bloated, skin coming off and in no way my recognizable uncle.
That night after we got him to the morgue, he showed up in his favorite summer polo shirt, smiling just like he was never dead. After that he didn't show himself anymore, maybe he'd gone to another place. Short lived ghost. probably there just to say goodbye.

Fragmented ghost
2. Stupid ghost
These are the ghost who were fragmented and lost their emotion, although they have the mind consciousness.
Mind is a short term memory. In effect these ghost do things repetitively, like showing the last thing they did or doing the last thing they have in mind. Just like a decapitated priest always looking for his head. Talk to them and they are in details. coherent but short lived memory. a looped record.

3. Emotional ghost
Also a fragmented ghost but has the emotion and no mind to control it.
They are the poltergeist. they can move thing because of emotional outburst. They are always angry and crying.
When you talk to them, you have a feeling that you are talking to an angry child, the have incoherent thoughts. always jumping from one issue to another and seems like daydreaming.

I was once strangled by a female angry ghost, she floated with the white wedding dress, she had no face.
Then i realized, she had no face because she can't remember her face. it takes a lot of mental energy to re-create a form and she only remembered her wedding dress and she was to be married.

..And there were Orbs ghost that doesn't remember anything.
Consciousness is a powerful thing.

I've heard somewhere that they get fragmented because of some traumatic experience or pain.
They can be liberated once they found the answer to the issues that they have. Or at least convinced them that they don't have those issues anymore.

-Just sharing

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: coastlinekid
I have often asked a similar question:

Why don't you here about Atheist/Agnostics complaining that their house is haunted?...Do the ghosts just bypass them?

If all it takes to keep from being haunted is not to believe, then I am happy to call myself a non-believer,...I don't need the aggravation ...LOL...

I'm an atheist and I've had ghost trouble. Ironically, I got rid of it because my grandma, who was religious, told me to talk to it and just ask it to leave, otherwise she'd get Jesus onto it. So ghost and I had a talk and I felt really silly saying "hey, dude, you scare the bejesus out of me, so please leave, or I'll have to call in my granny. But it worked.

Interesting conversation.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Ghosts are not dead people (or pets); they are demons trying to fool people by acting like people and/or pets.

Just the fact that you said that, I know you do not know. Why is it that so many feel that they must pull the demon card to discourage people from contemplating about this subject, when they evidently have no experience with it? Perhaps you could elaborate on why you are convinced that ghosts are demons?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

So by your line of thinking, it should be possible to force people to see ghosts if the proper pheromone can be introduced...?

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Simple. Because ghosts are in your brain. Could go on, but it's something everyone experiences, but no proof. I don't think they are real, it's just imagination. It's that easy.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: SixX18

Simple. Because ghosts are in your brain. Could go on, but it's something everyone experiences, but no proof. I don't think they are real, it's just imagination. It's that easy.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Axial Leader

Yea, perhaps tens of millions of years was ample time for the dinosaur ghosts' etheric energy dissipate to the extent that they are imperceptible to even the most sensitive people.

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   

i've never seen a ghost.

maybe dinosaurs weren't beloved and weren't imprinted upon someone's memory--like a pet would be or another human. So because no power was given to the memory of the dinosaur perhaps no ghost appears?

You know, sort of like American Gods by Neil Gaiman maybe?

lol idk. good question

posted on May, 25 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Strangely enough, the military has and may still be investigating this very thing. Your olfactory nerves have more receptors for molecules that do NOT elicit a sense of aroma than those that do.

And most of them connect into either your hippocampus or amygdala areas with no intermediate processing

So they can evoke emotional states or memory recall all by themselves.

Neat, innit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join