It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Josh Duggars Sex Abuse Scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
I mean I don't really expect them to broadcast it but, I don't know it just seems odd that it is coming to light now. Why now? Why ever then?

All of this came to light because, when the Duggars were scheduled to appear on Oprah Winfrey’s show in 2006, an email (written by an unidentified older woman) was sent to her studios with these allegations. Oprah’s staff passed it along to authorities, and Springdale police eventually conducted an investigation, leading to the report. The details weren’t uncovered until this week.

Source

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I was a repressed teenager, and I didn't molest anybody. Are you seriously using the 'boys will be boys' defense in a case of sexual molestation? Beyond sick.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

This would have stayed a secret forever if that letter hadn't been found. I don't see a comparison between a transsexual's journey (which is nothing to be ashamed of or feel guilty about) and someone who molested little girls.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I could would never live with a man like Jim Bob he's just creepy especially with him constantly kissing Michelle and she seems embarrassed by him for the most part ....when the oldest girl(not sure if I should use their names)is interviewed it seems to me that she is uncomfortable speaking on camera but not like camera shy more like she has a secret or doesn't want to be there? basically I get an strange vibe from her.

it just hit me this must be when side-hugs came to be,lol

edit on 22-5-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Monger

I was a repressed teenager, and I didn't molest anybody. Are you seriously using the 'boys will be boys' defense in a case of sexual molestation? Beyond sick.

Yep! Just jump right in there - - because I was only talking about you.

I raised 2 daughters. They had similar incidents with brothers of their friends. It does happen.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I don't think she's defending anyone--she's pointing out a possible causal factor. It's hard to fix a problem or prevent other problems unless one understands what causes the problem.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would love to know who put the letter in the book and if it was done on purpose?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: caladonea

Thanks for the thread. My wife will be saddened by this too.
She likes this show since it appears to be one of the FEW wholesome shows left on TV.

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Just curious as to why is this show considered wholesome? Because the family pretends to be devoutly religious? The last daughter to get married consummated the marriage in a church closet during the wedding reception. Now the son molested underage girls. These freaks are abnormal, not wholesome. Just because they proclaim Jesus to be the centerpiece of their lives. So did Catholic priests who molested kids.

"Jessa Duggar, Ben Seewald Married: Did The Couple Consummate Their Marriage In A Church? [VIDEO]"
www.enstarz.com...

She's hot. I don't think I could have waited until after the reception either.

Honestly, sex in a closet ( or cloakroom or limo) after the ceremony is a game that a lot of newlyweds play and it's actually the first normal sounding thing I've heard a Duggar do.
edit on 22-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
There are only two celebrities I admire and would like to meet.
One is Dan Aykroyd. He's freak'n brilliant.
The other is Montel Williams.
I thought you all might like to read his facebook page and what he says about this.
Montel Williams Face Book

Those of you on Twitter know where I stand on 19 Kids and Counting star Josh Duggar. Josh chose his path - he chose to work for a bigot - Tony Perkins and his organization. He chose to make bigoted comments about ‪#‎lgbt‬ individuals being dangers to kids - he chose to do ALL OF THOSE THINGS while hiding the fact his father had essentially covered up Josh having, by his own admission, molested his sisters as a teenager. So yes, that renders him a bigot, and yes, it is appropriate to call him a hypocrite, and yes, a scumbag.

Turns out the "danger" to kids is Duggar himself.

Thing is this tends to happen with those who are extreme in their anti-gay bigotry - they all end up learning why it's a bad idea to throw stones from a glass house.

That he did this while preaching about Christian values makes me wonder if he has read the Gospel. If he did, he has a reading comprehension problem.

** I'd like to meet with Montel Williams because I admire him so much. He suffers incredibly with autoimmune and was so depressed that he was literally in a closet with a gun in his mouth ready to pull the trigger. He came back from all that and fights it every day, all the while helping others in incredible ways. I'd love to shake his hand and ask him advice for my own dealings with autoimmune and depression, etc.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

the comparison is to help others finding themselves in the same situation, to watch Bruce talk about the pain he has suffered for many years and his desire to help others, these victims of sexual abuse could bring what they have suffered into the light,

anyway don't matter, doubt that will ever happen.
edit on 123131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: stosh64

Thanks for the thread. My wife will be saddened by this too.
She likes this show since it appears to be one of the FEW wholesome shows left on TV.

Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Just curious as to why is this show considered wholesome? Because the family pretends to be devoutly religious? The last daughter to get married consummated the marriage in a church closet during the wedding reception. Now the son molested underage girls. These freaks are abnormal, not wholesome. Just because they proclaim Jesus to be the centerpiece of their lives. So did Catholic priests who molested kids.

"Jessa Duggar, Ben Seewald Married: Did The Couple Consummate Their Marriage In A Church? [VIDEO]"
www.enstarz.com...

She's hot. I don't think I could have waited until after the reception either.

Honestly, that's a game that a lot of newlyweds play and it's actually the first normal sounding thing I've heard a Duggar do.

I'd glaze her doughnuts. Papa Duggar edited the reception shenanigans for the show. He knew what they did and it would've put a damper on their holier than thou veneer.

"Jim Bob Duggar ‘Begs’ Producers To Edit Jessa Duggar’s Wedding Footage"
www.business2community.com...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Yes, it does happen. But I don't think anybody should be normalizing it, or explaining it away as just something that boys do. Some boys are sexual predators, just like some men are. Some.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Yes, it does happen. But I don't think anybody should be normalizing it, or explaining it away as just something that boys do. Some boys are sexual predators, just like some men are. Some.

And who is?

We are sexual beings from birth. Oppression helps no one. Education from an early age does.

You think only boys act on their impulses and curiosity?

And BTW - - I believe pedophiles are born - - that it is a born sexual orientation. But, I am not going to (yet) put that label on this person.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
TLC Pulls Show Amidst Josh Duggar Sex Scandal

Wow. TLC made a huge move by pulling one of their biggest shows, ’19 Kids & Counting’ from their lineup due to the shocking report that one of the stars molested multiple young girls. HollywoodLife.com has all the details.

hollywoodlife.com...

“The Duggars have been using their fame to promote discrimination, hate, and fear-mongering against gays and transgendered people,” a letter on the website reads. “You need to take a stand on the side of justice and cancel their show.”

edit on 22-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That was a creepy show anyway.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Looks like he's got the same problem his mother had - can't keep his legs together.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
WTF

The clinic that Josh Duggar attended after his parents learned he had molested multiple young girls has been revealed as the Basic Life Principles Training Center.
The facility, in Little Rock, Arkansas, which offers faith-based healing has been criticized by some who have attended their programs and also come under fire after a scandal involving founder Bill Gothard.
Gothard was accused in 2014 of sexually harassing women who worked at his ministry, including teenagers, and not reporting cases of child abuse.
He was never convicted of any crimes, but resigned soon after these claims became public.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... cusations-sexually-harassed-teenagers.html#ixzz3ats3a0oJ

Over 30 young women and teenagers came forward claiming they were sexually harassed by Gothard.
There were also reports that Gothard, who also runs the ALERT Academy which most of the Duggard boys have attended, was not reporting cases of child abuse.

edit on 033131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That's excellent news.
Now if the rest of the mind numbing garbage could come off the TV, (Dance Moms, Kardashians, etc) then Americans collective IQ would significantly higher.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
And what did TLC know?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

im going to read the replies but i wanted to get this in cause my wife and i were talking about this.

is this really a shock?
a male living in a house with a ton of other people, half girls(family i know...eeeew gross. he is sick. yup) not allowed to do things like live life and have fun.
you see them on tv and in the rags.
all dressed in khakis and polo shirts. doing nothing but laundry, taking care of their siblings, and worshipping.

yeah, huge shock his urges and desires took over even at the cost of his family.

im thinking his parents are not the types that are to open to having 'the talk' and dealing with 'normal' teenage kid stuff like hormones, rebellion, etc etc.
i know this is absolutely no excuse but im amazed it took this long for it to come out and i would be amazed if we dont here more of the same from them.

they are a bunch of weirdos.
just my opinion

i feel bad for all 700 of those kids having to grow up like that and not experience life.

must truly suck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join