It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Josh Duggars Sex Abuse Scandal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: caladonea

I am 50 and never remember hearing about it till my 30's also. With similar reaction.

Now 5 year olds MUST be made aware of it. Not sure if its just that much more prevalent now or if it was hid from the public better years ago.

Sadly, I lean towards the later.

I also wonder if, in this case, did it only happen when he was 14? Or did it continue later in life?

Like NavyDoc, if it only happened when he was a minor himself how did this become public knowledge?

The assumption is that, since the guy is now living near DC and is now getting very politically active, this might be an attempt to smear politicians who have been pictured with him.

Seems to me that Duggar could sue for the unsanctioned release of a minor's record.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Lena Dunham admitted to molesting her six year old sister and she's still the media's darling but this paper comes out and it's a scandal--why?

Because Lena Dunham isn't a holier than thou, hypocrite, telling other people how to live their lives, what God to worship,
and what is proper sexual behavior.

It really surprises me that you would defend this guy!!

I don't think I was defending him, although I understand that is a typical kneejerk reaction to anyone who does not climb on board the pitchfork and touches train like a lemming. I was just pointing out a few things that are interesting.

Lena Dunham certainly tells other people how to live their lives, just hypocrisy of a different flavor

OTOH, if the situation is one of a kid being caught doing something stupid and the family getting him counseling and counseling for the other kids involved and he's been "clean" for 14 years, how is that hypocritical? Wouldn't you do the same thing if you had a kid that was troubled at 14?

Trust me, I do find the Duggars creepy, especially how the parents wouldn't let their daughters even hold hands with the men they were about to marry, but this sort of thing pops up in many families, regardless of religious affiliation or not.
edit on 22-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
C

What exactly did he do?

Do we have those facts?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Isn't it illegal to release such information about a minor to the public?

An Arkansas State Police public information officer referred FOX411 to Arkansas code §12-18-104 which states “any data, records, reports, or documents that are created, collected, or compiled by or on behalf of the Department of Human Services, the Department of Arkansas State Police, or other entity authorized under this chapter to perform investigations or provide services to children, individuals, or families shall not be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act of 1967, 25-19-101 et seq.”

However, In Touch claims they got the records from the Springdale Police Department through the same Freedom of Information Act.

www.foxnews.com...

He admitted it himself - to People Magazine.

Lena Dunham admitted to molesting her six year old sister and she's still the media's darling but this paper comes out and it's a scandal--why?

No, she didn't. She was 7 at the time - her sister was 1. www.theguardian.com...

The passages cited include one that describes an incident when Dunham was seven and her sister was one and playing on the driveway. Dunham writes that “curiosity got the best” of her and she opened her sister’s vagina only to call for her mother when she found the toddler had “six or seven pebbles in there”.

edit on 5/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
He stated, can't find it again just yet, that it was forcible fondling or something to that effect.
That implies, to me at least, that it was not "mutual" touching or experimentation. I can't really make heads or tails of the Arkansas incest law but....

Arkansas (2008)
A.C.A. §5-26-202
A.C.A. § 16-41-101
Without regard to legitimacy: (1) An ancestor or a
descendant; (2) A stepchild or adopted child; (3) A
brother or sister of the whole or half blood; (4) An
uncle, aunt, nephew, or niece; or (5) A
stepgrandchild or adopted grandchild (knowingly)
Marriage, sexual
intercourse or
deviate sexual
activity with
someone at least
16 years of age
16 Class C felony
Class A felony if
victim is under 16
and the actor is
over 21 at the time
of offense
§ 16-41-101
(2008), Rule
803: Hearsay
Exception for a
statement by a
child under 10
involving incest
admissible
(reasonable
likelihood of
trustworthiness)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
C

What exactly did he do?

Do we have those facts?

This other thread has some relevant information imo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I had missed the other thread.
Thank you!

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

C

What exactly did he do?

Do we have those facts?

This other thread has some relevant information imo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you find anything beyond "he fondled their breasts and vagina while they were sleeping", let me know.

So far I see a repressed teenager. That doesn't mean I'm defending his actions.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks for the link, I was not aware of that information here.

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What disgusts me about this is that the network HAD TO KNOW about it.

There was a story in the news today that Oprah was going to interview the family on her TV show back in 2006, but on the night before the interview she received information about the child molestation allegations and that the network and family were covering. She pulled out on the interview.

People in the TV industry have known about this for 9 years and they let that show continue.

It should have been pulled. Heck, it never should have been on.

That mess of a show, Honey-boo-boo, got pulled because the mother was dating her daughters child molester. He wasn't even on the show and the show got pulled. (RIGHT THING TO DO!!). But they let the show with the actual molester go on for years?? That's sick.

edit on 5/22/2015 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

If you find anything beyond "he fondled their breasts and vagina while they were sleeping", let me know.

Start Reading on Page 14... Springdale Police Department Offense Report

I was abused by a family member when he was a teen - 14 or 15 - and it haunts me to this day. Josh Duggar gets no sympathy from me.

edit on 5/22/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Thank you for adding more information to this thread.

To all of you who have responded...I thank you too.

By the way I did not know about the other thread...thanks to those who added it to this thread.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Start Reading on Page 14... Springdale Police Department Offense Report

Thanks BH -- will do.

And you know I don't support repressive religion. But, I think this happens way more then people think. I don't want to elevate the situation just because of who he is. Well, yes I would like to --- but I'm not going to do that.

My daughters had similar experiences from brothers of friends when they had sleepovers. Of course, they didn't tell me until years later.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Well, I'm 65 and was a victim of sexual abuse by the neighborhood old drunk several times when I was four.

You bury it deep but it always resurfaces and it changes your life forever,

I also had a half brother that got out of line with me but I had the power to resist his advances, what a uppity jerk he is, mommies favorite son, and I kept it to myself,

I don't know it happens more often then people think, and the old town drunk wasn't a Christian or sexually repressed, just an evil bastard.
edit on 103131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
But you know about my brother, nothing actually ever happened because I stopped him, and he tried inappropriate things a few times, he was an adult when it happened the first time I was about 14 I guess, and we were both adults when he tried another time, just standing in my kitchen and he ripped my shirt open, he did that sort of stuff,

I guess I forgive him, I think I love him as a brother, my Dr. says I have been suffering from it for years because of the neighbor , I don't know when it someone you think should protect you like your brother and care for you, it makes you mistrust everyone, forever.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

He was a kid himself, 14. Is it possible that this is a case of kids experimenting with each other? He's what, 28 now? Is it possible that he's long since recovered and this is currently a non-issue?

Perfect example of how politics has found it's way into everything.

You've declared that Lena Dunham is a "media darling" who molested her sister because she wrote about how when she was seven years old, she looked at her sister's vagina because she was curious about human genitalia.

At the same time, you're trying to write off the actions of a fifteen year old boy who at the very least "forcibly fondled" the breasts and genitals of five girls, including his siblings as "a case of kids experimenting with each other."

Whether you're consciously aware of it or not, your comment is hodgepodge of apologist malarkey that seems strongly tied to your politics.

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

its strange, Doc, who would think my brother would attack me as an adult?

I was in my thirties he is ten years older then me OMG.

I realize the Duggars were young at the time, but beware.

I believe these are the skeletons in many many families closets, people don't want to talk about, it makes everyone uncomfortable.

In fact it never dawned on me to tell anyone, but my daughter told me he tried the same stuff with her.

What is it about these sort of things that keep you silent for so long?

edit on 103131p://bFriday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

My heart reaches out to you...I have heard similar stories over the years from other survivors. I am adding you to my prayer list.

I am curious...if you feel comfortable sharing...what steps have you taken to heal yourself over the years? If you do not feel comfortable answering this question that is ok too...maybe your healing journey could help someone else. Anyway...it is up to you.

I send to you some...

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

He was a kid himself, 14. Is it possible that this is a case of kids experimenting with each other? He's what, 28 now? Is it possible that he's long since recovered and this is currently a non-issue?

Perfect example of how politics has found it's way into everything.

You've declared that Lena Dunham is a "media darling" who molested her sister because she wrote about how when she was seven years old, she looked at her sister's vagina because she was curious about human genitalia.

At the same time, you're trying to write off the actions of a fifteen year old boy who at the very least "forcibly fondled" the breasts and genitals of five girls, including his siblings as "a case of kids experimenting with each other."

Whether you're consciously aware of it or not, your comment is hodgepodge of apologist malarkey that seems strongly tied to your politics.

I didn't "write" anything off--not at all--and I'd suggest that your assumption of such is an indication of YOUR political bias.

Of course it was wrong and of course both the perpetrator and the victims needed/still need counseling. Both were children, however and I wonder how long does one need to condemn an adult for something he did as a child--15 years ago-- assuming that he is rehabilitated? What do you want? Prison? Apologies? Castration?

Roman Polanski was a 43 year old male who actually raped a 13 year old girl and he still is the darling of the glitteratti and, not only has he not shown remorse, he fled justice, but he's still cool.

This guy, OTOH, was a child when he did what he did and he does SEEM to have remorse and he does SEEM to want to make amends.

I thought we conservatives were the cruel and unforgiving types. Is it possible that the outrage is not because of the incident, but because you guys simply hate his politics? Would the outrage be the same if he had a "D" by his name?

I don't have a good answer. If I were the dad, I would have beat the snot out of him and sent him for inpatient treatment, but OTOH, I'm not a religious wacko and I don't believe that you can pray away a psychological illness. Parents, regardless of their politics, don't want to believe the worst of their kids and stuff like this happens in all sides of the political spectrum. It's wrong, all of the kids involved needed much better treatment and counseling at the time than any of them were given, and, since they all were kids at the time, the fault of that lies directly on the parents who, IMHO, failed utterly.

The question is, WTF, do you want to be done about it now?

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

I am sorry for you.
My "old town drunk" was an uncle.

Mom wasn't able to believe me....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join