It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A room full of whites is a "Micro agression"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Why he would call it victory!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's only a matte of time before wives accuse husbands of this.
I'm doomed I tell ya, DOOMED!!

The absurdity of this level of reaching to find some fault shows the total lack of facts to back their initial argument.
Pack it up race mongers.
You're making a spectacle of yourselves.
(Sometimes called "micro self-aggression" or "pushing a pencil in your eye")

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And huff gets plenty if flack when it is used so that is fine.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Not if all of them are unfamiliar people, regardless of their color. Then it is simple social anxiety. The test was rigged to get the outcome they were looking for IMO. If they truly wanted to find out if it was racism, they only ran one of MANY tests in the matrix of possibilities to rule out simple social anxiety.

Open your eyes and mind to their blatant manipulation of you.

From the article:

“People do not necessarily say I do not belong, but I feel as if I do not when I am in a classroom and I am the one non-White person,” said one student, identified as a Latina female, who is quoted in the report.

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

She explicitly states the reason for her feeling like she doesn't belong is because she is the only non-white person. She must be lying I suppose.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
She explicitly states the reason for her feeling like she doesn't belong is because she is the only non-white person. She must be lying I suppose.
\
Than she would be a racist...if she was white.

If you are made uncomfortable specifically by the colour of the skin of those around you, than those around you aren't the problem.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

If you are made uncomfortable specifically by the colour of the skin of those around you, than those around you aren't the problem.

That's what I said about a page ago.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Right. Her feeling....to others skin color. I don't think the Constitution covers "feelings".

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Not if all of them are unfamiliar people, regardless of their color. Then it is simple social anxiety. The test was rigged to get the outcome they were looking for IMO. If they truly wanted to find out if it was racism, they only ran one of MANY tests in the matrix of possibilities to rule out simple social anxiety.

Open your eyes and mind to their blatant manipulation of you.

From the article:

“People do not necessarily say I do not belong, but I feel as if I do not when I am in a classroom and I am the one non-White person,” said one student, identified as a Latina female, who is quoted in the report.

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

Then she's caught between a rock and a hard place, because a lot of black people would call her white anyway. I've seen that, even on an ATS thread.

Could we ask a Jew what they would feel like being in a room full of Christians? Or a Muslim in room full of Jews? Or a white man from England in a country full of Africans or Indians?

There is a social anxiety and it has to do with people not really knowing much about each other and not knowing what to expect especially if you entered that room with your own previous prejudice or bigotry. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying day....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I read in a book that in order for globalists to push their agenda, racial, religious, sexual orientation must cause divide so that chaos can build momentum. Who knows what these deep pocketed globalists are willing to do or instigate to get their way...? Jade Helm coming to your town. Lol

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope
My apologies. I was lazy and just read the most recent page that came up.
2nd.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

There is a social anxiety and it has to do with people not really knowing much about each other and not knowing what to expect especially if you entered that room with your own previous prejudice or bigotry. When you're a Jet, you're a Jet from your first cigarette to your last dying day....

A west side story reference. Nice.

I would argue that those who identify with their own race, and who would stand side-by-side and arm-in-arm with anyone of the same race, regardless of individual character, are just as racist as those who generalize other races in such ways.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Wow......there might be racism involved here,but it isn't what those pushing the study want us to believe. If someone feels uncomfortable in a room full of people of another color, then perhaps they are the racist. To state it simply, what would be said if white students, or anyone else, claimed to be uncomfortable when entering room full of blacks? The white would be called a racist. Double standards really tick me off.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Double standards are the modus operandi. And we encourage them when they lean in our favor, isn't being human grand?
edit on 15-5-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Perhaps we should all walk around with plain paper bags over our heads. That would change everything from affirmative action to beauty pageants. No one will get ahead or behind based on appearance. No one will be stereotyped or profiled. That should satisfy everyone, well except for the people this would effect. Those people will view it as being unfair. But hey, you can't please everyone.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Perhaps we should all walk around with plain paper bags over our heads. That would change everything from affirmative action to beauty pageants. No one will get ahead or behind based on appearance. No one will be stereotyped or profiled. That should satisfy everyone, well except for the people this would effect. Those people will view it as being unfair. But hey, you can't please everyone.

Yeah but how would you tell them apart from Toronto Maple Leafs fans?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Look, I feel uncomfortable in that situation. So why is it any worse just because a black student feels uncomfortable in that situation?

I think we should claim that we feel discriminated against as introverts. It's a struggle few understand.

You don't smile, you're labeled depressed. You don't laugh, people say you're mad. You don't want to be around people sometimes, you're labeled a recluse. You can't win.

Can we include blondes in that? The brunt of tons of jokes, treated as stupid, and on and on and on. I want [minority protection for my hair color!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: Bilk22

Yeah but how would you tell them apart from Toronto Maple Leafs fans?
In the eyes of TPTB, we're all Leaf fans.
edit on 98133Fridayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And liberals keep defending this outright idiocy and brainwashing. This ever expanding net they use to disadvantage their opponents.. we're all just a bunch of bigots to these "tolerant" bigots.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Double standards are the modus operandi. And we encourage them when they lean in our favor, isn't being human grand?

Some do. I have always found such things to be annoying and stupid. Never had skin color be in my favor, either. It depends on how people are raised.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join