It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A room full of whites is a "Micro agression"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This garbage just keeps showing up,becuase of HOW you are born you are guilty.

www.nationalreview.com...

+18 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wonder if they did the same study with a white person walking into a room full of black people?

+9 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is getting out of control.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm surprised we're allowed to breathe.

+5 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
idiocracy in full swing

+3 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well we could always go back to segregation.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

There is clearly an evil agenda out there promoted by those that want to instigate violence within the citizenry. How would a single white person feel walking into a room full of blacks? Would there be NO "micro-aggression" there? Yeah, right. Heck, most whites would feel micro-aggression walking into a room full of whites! The sad part of it all is that some AH's actually get paid and paid big bucks to come up with this crap.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sounds like some racism in disguise of racism awareness.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This road eventually leads right back to segregation. Only this time it will be voluntary.

edit on 5/15/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
I wonder if they did the same study with a white person walking into a room full of black people?

Too much white guilt flowing around, it'll skew the results.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Students of color reported feeling uncomfortable and unwelcomed just walking into or sitting in the classroom, especially if they were the only person of color, or one of a few,” stated the report, which designated the experience a microaggression. “People do not necessarily say I do not belong, but I feel as if I do not when I am in a classroom and I am the one non-White person,” said one student, identified as a Latina female, who is quoted in the report.

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

I think this will be a tempest in a tea-pot. "Microaggression". MiniAggression. Unintended aggression. Hm.

What's the alternative? Segregated classrooms? I don't think so...........

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would say as people go I would be by nature and appearnce quite intimidating yet I always smile and try to put the other guy at ease.
I keep seeing crustys from people of all races which only makes me smile larger and seek eye contact .
If some take THAT as a challenge or can't handle it I would say the issue is THEIRS.
I also have a social phobia of going out and get stressed but I can get over that and successfully do things without demanding the rest of the world accomodate ME.
So can they.
Get over it,people.

edit on 15-5-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
what is happening is actually not racist, it's preparing the poor and middle class caucasians of this country for theft of their worldy goods, such as they are. this same thing happened to the ukrainians under stalin. in fact, you can trace it all the way back to ancient egypt, when under the rule of the hyksos, the people of egypt became foreigners in their own country, outsiders were shipped in and given special treatment for doing absolutely nothing, and then the egyptians were taxed so heavily, they no longer had anything of value. this is actually a wealth creation scheme that has been repeated thru out history, and passed down amongst the very rich.
edit on 15-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
OH MY GOD the level of "poor me" stupidity is growing by the minute. Now, "we" are responsible for someone's paranoia and lack of self confidence? It's stupid sh** like this that makes me just want to bang my head against the wall. Wonder when the law suits are going to start.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Well we could always go back to segregation.

And Genocide

+2 more 
posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I went to a union dinner once. The blacks segregated themselves at one big table. They arrived early and put a napkin on the top of each chair to signify that all the chairs at that table were taken.

How do you fight voluntary behavior?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

By ignoring it.
Skin makes no difference to me. Or Faith really so long as they aren't in my face yelling or trying to kill me.
ITS what they DO that I care about.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Restricted

By ignoring it.
Skin makes no difference to me. Or Faith really so long as they aren't in my face yelling or trying to kill me.
ITS what they DO that I care about.

When we ignore it they say we don't understand or care.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
edit on 5/15/2015 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Isn't THIS a type of racism? Assuming that the whites are there to keep them down?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It makes we wonder what all the people's races who did this survey where
edit on 15-5-2015 by magnesiumbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join