It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A room full of whites is a "Micro agression"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
This garbage just keeps showing up,becuase of HOW you are born you are guilty.

www.nationalreview.com...

I agree, I've been in rooms of white people.

(Wait, I'm white)

Yes, I do agree, sometimes a room full of white people can be scary, and I've been the only white woman in a whole room and neighborhood of black people. The only time I got scared was when a black lady yelled over at my car "come here white lady, I've got something for you!". I wasn't waiting around to find out what it was.

I think it has to be quite scary to be the only one of a certain color in a place predominantly another, no matter which one.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

See someone calls me white boy, I respond black boy . if someone says they got something for me, I respond there ain't nothing but air and oppurtunity.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: WarminIndy

See someone calls me white boy, I respond black boy . if someone says they got something for me, I respond there ain't nothing but air and oppurtunity.

But see in double-standard world we live in now, it is not racist to call a white boy whatever you want, from cracker to white boy to "these white people." But if you do so you are racist. Didn't get the memo?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
National Review strikes again, thought we didn't like this site?
Dumb study for sure though. I don't buy this micro aggression stuff.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sremmos you know your inherently aggressive for being white, but also in the same breath deathly afraid of black people, interesting how that works

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That and I don't conform to any known victim class.

Are you sure? The whole purpose behind publishing crap like the article linked in the OP is to encourage white conservatives to embrace a victim mentality. Look at the reaction in this thread; people feel like they're being blamed for something they didn't do and have no control over. How many posters feel like victims of political correctness?

It's not just about race either. How about all the people who are certain that Christians are constantly being vilified in the media while Muslims are given a pass? It's said all the time but I never seem to see any examples of it. It's just taken for granted that it's true and the more people repeat it, the more true it seems to be.

Christians are under attack! Whites are being blamed for everything! Militant gays made people watch reruns of Duck Dynasty for two weeks!

Here's what Frank Luntz said about repetition in 2004 in a Frontline interview:

"there's a simple rule: You say it again, and you say it again, and you say it again, and you say it again, and you say it again, and then again and again and again and again, and about the time that you're absolutely sick of saying it is about the time that your target audience has heard it for the first time."

Sounds a lot like brainwashing. I mention Frank Luntz but the left has people just like him who teach politicians and political operatives to be better manipulators. The process is pretty simple, figure out what resonates with people and then jam it down their throats. People like to be told things that absolve them of responsibility or blame or paint them in a favorable light — or apparently make them feel like victims. If you're a victim, then not only are you absolved of any responsibility but you get to be righteously angry about being wronged by "them."

It's just a matter of finding the words and phrases that trigger the desired emotions and then repeating them over and over and over again.

Ironically, in my opinion, the statement, "I don't conform to any known victim class" indicates that you do in fact identify as a member of a victim class. I guess we could call it the "non-victim victim class."
edit on 2015-5-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Are you sure? The whole purpose behind publishing crap like the article linked in the OP is to encourage white conservatives to embrace a victim mentality.

I find that highly Ironic because thats whats been shoved down our throats with "black lives matter" and "Black innequality" and "Cops are killing black people at will" and the likes of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson , even our President, and the news media.....

LoL literally laughing out loud here, thats rich man...
edit on 5/15/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

And the counter of all those things you listed is a certain people acting like it is some anti white agenda going on.

Which they turn around and get offended by.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And the counter of all those things you listed is a certain people acting like it is some anti white agenda going on.

Well Id say that if they are trying to PUSH that stuff on us, and try to tell us how we should be ashamed of being white, and weve been seeing mobs of black people ganging up on white people, yelling cracker and all sorts of other things...

Or calling for the heads of white cops before knowing all the facts,

WHat the hell would you call it?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Personally I ignore the ignorant. They want to be racist, I'll lose no sleep. If whitey wants to be offended I couldn't care less. Life's too short to lose sleep over ridiculous crap like this.

edit on 15-5-2015 by intrepid because: Found the missing "be".

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Kind of funny since we elected a man who operates with that as his basis of leadership.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't agree it is getting pushed on us, just that it is the current trend going on.
Think people give the media way to much credit, we know their game but yet we fall right into it.

I also think people see what they want to see and act like they are the only ones experiencing it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If someone walks into a room full of people of different skin colors and instantly feels uncomfortable, they are racist.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Well Id say that if they are trying to PUSH that stuff on us, and try to tell us how we should be ashamed of being white, and weve been seeing mobs of black people ganging up on white people, yelling cracker and all sorts of other things...

I would call it racism. Black people can be racist. White people can be racist. Hate breeds hate. Black people were victims of condoned racism for so long that some of them became racist themselves. Now that the media is condoning black on white racism. It is actually causing people, both black and white, who were never racist to become racist. Like I said hate breeds hate.

The cycle continues. The old war is ever alive. Divide and conquer. Make the slaves, both black and white, fight each other. So the masters, both black and white, can live in luxury away from the serfs.

The best course is to ignore the idiots and realize we are all being manipulated. No side is better than the other because all sides are being manipulated by the same people.

edit on 15-5-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

I would call it racism. Black people can be racist. White people can be racist. Hate breeds hate. Black people were victims of racism for so long that some of them became racist themselves. Now that the media is condoning black on white racism. It is actually causing people, both black and white, who were never racist to become racist. Like I said hate breeds hate.

Well said.

The cycle continues. The old war is ever alive. Divide and conquer. Make the slaves, both black and white, fight each other. So the masters, both black and white, can live in luxury away from serfs.

I personally prefer the term "peon". In this case it's both a noun and a verb.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If someone walks into a room full of people of different skin colors and instantly feels uncomfortable, they are racist.

Not if all of them are unfamiliar people, regardless of their color. Then it is simple social anxiety. The test was rigged to get the outcome they were looking for IMO. If they truly wanted to find out if it was racism, they only ran one of MANY tests in the matrix of possibilities to rule out simple social anxiety.

Open your eyes and mind to their blatant manipulation of you.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

A lot of the examples given in this article of "micro-aggression" are simply low self-esteem of the colored person in question. Some examples:

“being excluded from participating in a group project” (one student says he keeps quiet in these situations because “I feel as though what I have to say often doesn’t matter to the rest of the group members.”)

Read more at: www.nationalreview.com...

This student is excluded from the group project because he is not being assertive, but being quiet.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

If we aren't allowed to use National Review, then Huffington Post should be disallowed too. It's just as biased in the other direction.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

If we aren't allowed to use National Review, then Huffington Post should be disallowed too. It's just as biased in the other direction.

It's crap like that that leads to crap like this non-issue.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hmmm.

White person feels uncomfortable in a room full of non-whites and gets called racist.

Non-white person feels uncomfortable in a room full of whites and the group of whites gets called racist.

Hmmm.

What would Saul Alinsky call that?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join