It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Lil Wayne and Gay Hip Hop industry

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

But this isn't new. Pop music has ALWAYS been like this. If the propaganda hasn't destroyed the previous two or three generations exposed to this it, then the newest version of it isn't going to do destroy any newer generations either. It's harmless, except that it easily parts a fool with his money. But so what? Money isn't important to living anyways. If it makes you happy, then spend money on it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: TechUnique

Well why not post some stuff your spitting? As long as its not some vial christian propaganda, I'd be very interested in hearing it. I do have respect for ya, if your making music, it seems you've done a lot more with your life than I have with mine.

Anyway............. I don't even like most mainstream rap. I've just been obsessed with Eminem, ever since he hit the big time. His like the Bob Dylan of modern times. Damn is he inappropriate, but he gets that airtime and is in the top 20 of the best selling artists of all time. What a legend!

But having said that, 2pac is a God and could have started a revolution. If only the Illuminati didn't sub-contract the police to assassinate him. That's the reason why know ones rapping anything of meaning these days, they know what will happen if they don't comply with the status quo.

Come on now, there is still tons of "real" hip hop. The following below often have messages just as critical of the gov as anything Tupac wrote, if not more.

1) Immortal Technique
2) Jedi Mind Tricks
3) Brother Ali

I'll definitely check these dudes out. But I'm guessing nothing they said got them assassinated!

Maybe its the influence they have, rather than the actual words they speak, that gets them in trouble.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But this isn't new. Pop music has ALWAYS been like this. If the propaganda hasn't destroyed the previous two or three generations exposed to this it, then the newest version of it isn't going to do destroy any newer generations either. It's harmless, except that it easily parts a fool with his money. But so what? Money isn't important to living anyways. If it makes you happy, then spend money on it.

Good point!

I wonder how many people were TURNED GAY because of Glam Rock? NO, WAIT, I know the answer it's ZERO because you cannot be turned gay, you are born that way!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
And I am asking very directly, without adding words are you saying:
a. the action of saying "hoes and bitc&^s is limited to gays? Or,
b. gays should not say "hoes and bit*&es", only straight rappers should

It implies you are saying gay people should quit saying "hoes and bit*&es".

What ARE you saying?

Well if you think that my post meant either A or B, no wonder you aren't understanding my point of view! :p

"People should just accept who they are and not put up a front, whatever the situation."

First, no one really should use those derogatory terms to define women but the bad as been done and it could be considered "free speech" after all. But someone who doesn't like golf shouldn't make a song of "why he loves golf".

If someone isn't interesting in pursuing a romantic or sexual relationship with a particual sex, he/she shouldn't imply that he would. Although it's a bit sad, I don't mind if an artist wants to stay in the closet and make love songs that don't define a particular sex. There are plenty of ways to sign a love song without coining sexual preferences.

Elton John got it right in his song, "Your song"

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside I'm not one of those who can easily hide I don't have much money but boy if I did I'd buy a big house where we both could live

Boy was used, not girl because that's what he really is and feels.
People shouldn't lie to others or themselves to get accepted.

I hope you understand and stop thinking I'm a bad person or anything.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

I gotcha now! Thanks for taking the time!

You have definitely lived up to your name lol!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
OK Then! Lets hope you come back as a gay person in the next life and you be yourself in the "Ghetto" and see how long you survive intact for "Being yourself".

Talk about Rose Tinted Glasses!

Shouldn't GAY artists help other gays from the ghetto? They know they have influence, why are they perpetuating lies and mascarades?

I find that you are accepting bigotism instead of fighting for what is right. I may be having rose tinted glasses but it's better than having horse blinders!

We are told constantly when we are young that we need to be ourselves, well it's time society accepts what being ourselves means and implies.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Good point!

I wonder how many people were TURNED GAY because of Glam Rock? NO, WAIT, I know the answer it's ZERO because you cannot be turned gay, you are born that way!

I have been addressing the lyrics, and their consequences, and not the OP's insinuation about the "gayness" of rap. Frankly, that video was just a bunch of out of context pictures thrown together to push a bunch of non sense. It's just more BS for the anti gay's to latch onto.

But, as I mentioned, the lyrics and their message is the real issue with mainstream rap. A message that is being bombarded into ever younger(and frankly, dumber) children. Setting aside the sexuality issue, comparing glam rock to current rap music is absurd. Most of the lyrics(and message) of the glam rock error is down right disney compared to the urban lifestyle and image being foisted upon listeners of the mainstream rap genre.

As for the argument that past generations have "survived", I find it ironic given the state of society and the obvious trend downwards(we sure as hell aren't trending upwards). It takes years, if not decades, for the effects of these things to be seen. Given our current state of education(spiraling downward), poverty(unchecked, and accelerating), and what seems like an every increasing prison population. I can only imagine the state we will be in when the 8-16 year olds of today fully "bloom" in the next decade, considering all the brainwashing they are receiving today not just through the media, but also through the state sponsored "education" system.
edit on 15-5-2015 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

But this isn't new. Pop music has ALWAYS been like this.

Not before the end of the 70's.

If the propaganda hasn't destroyed the previous two or three generations exposed to this it, then the newest version of it isn't going to do destroy any newer generations either.

Destroyed no, but influenced.
I'm sure that MSM believe that they are affecting society more than they really are, but they are influencing us.

I feel that gay acceptance is positive but promiscuity is debatable!

edit on 15-5-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
"People should just accept who they are and not put up a front, whatever the situation."

First, no one really should use those derogatory terms to define women but the bad as been done and it could be considered "free speech" after all. But someone who doesn't like golf shouldn't make a song of "why he loves golf".

If someone isn't interesting in pursuing a romantic or sexual relationship with a particual sex, he/she shouldn't imply that he would.

I think you have very strict ideas about how other people should and shouldn't behave. They are who they are.

Elton John got it right in his song, "Your song"

It's a little bit funny this feeling inside I'm not one of those who can easily hide I don't have much money but boy if I did I'd buy a big house where we both could live

Boy was used, not girl because that's what he really is and feels.

"Boy" can be used as an exclamation ("Oh, boy, if only I had a good job" - or a lot of money). Don't forget, Elton John also said:

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamstress for the band
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny dancer in my hand

People shouldn't lie to others or themselves to get accepted.

Yeah... no one is lying. It's called artistic license. If a gay guy wants to make his music more appealing to the masses (think Barry Manilow), he can use whatever lyrics he wants. Not every lyric is based on personal experience.
edit on 5/15/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Not before the end of the 70's.

Yes, it has. You just don't realize it because pop music had a VERY different form for the first 20 years that rock and roll existed. Though keep in mind, when rock and roll first came out, it was called the "Devil's music". So there's that as well.

Destroyed no, but influenced.
I'm sure that MSM believe that they are affecting society more than they really are, but they are influencing us.

So? Everything we experience and do influences us. That doesn't make it inherently bad though.

I feel that gay acceptance is positive but promiscuity is debatable!

Promiscuity isn't a bad thing. The reason that America is so weird sexually is because we have some weird love/hate relationship with sex and the naked body. Sex is a natural action, there is no reason to look down on someone who does it regularly because they want it without all the emotional baggage that usually goes with it.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Anyone else here having trouble seeing lil wayne's feminized qualities?

Oh so manly.
/sarcasm

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So tired of people blaming music for what is going on.
Every generation has its genre that is ruining the world but yet we all eat it up.

So now rap makes you a gay gangster thug that is anti establishment...

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

He lifted his hands and exclaimed "Oh my God", must be gay. Burn him!!

I feel like I'm on that conspiracy forum that rhymes with B.yelL.T.

Are you afraid someone is going to turn you gay? Do you really believe that is even possible???

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I think you have very strict ideas about how other people should and shouldn't behave. They are who they are.

Well I find the verb "should" a good one to express my opinion. I could of been saying : "You should check your gas remaining in the tank before leaving your driveway."

"Boy" can be used as an exclamation ("Oh, boy, if only I had a good job" - or a lot of money).

You be right on that, but I don't think I'm the only one that understand it the way I do.

It seems that both songs, Your Song and Tiny Dancer we're wrote by Bernie Taupin who's strait.

Yeah... no one is lying. It's called artistic license. If a gay guy wants to make his music more appealing to the masses (think Barry Manilow), he can use whatever lyrics he wants. Not every lyric is based on personal experience.

I understand your point, but being a composer and writer I prefer to sing what is true to me but then again, I didn't sell out to the man.
edit on 15-5-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The arts have always attracted the queers, and THANK GOD because we have been gifted with many beautiful works that had nothing to do with sexuality and everything to do with LOVE.

Back in the Middle Ages, men used to do strange things (pre-pubescent castration) in order to maintain their falsetto vocal register, as women were not allowed to perform in public. It carried over into the Classical era, as well.

We have always lived in a strange and fantastical world.

Link to Castrato
edit on 15-5-2015 by raedar because: added link

edit on 15-5-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Are you afraid someone is going to turn you gay? Do you really believe that is even possible???

Am I afraid someone will turn me gay? Lol no I'm not but thanks for your concern. Kids are very impressionable though. I disagree that you are 'born gay'. I think it is a perversion of sexuality.

And yes, I know there are examples of gay animals in the animal kingdom.

Let us not get into this long, drawnout and most often hostile debate please.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Oh man, side note, that forum that rhymes with BLT, is horribleeeeee. I went there for a little while, and then realized that a good half of the people might as well be White Nationalists. They say fully racist comments all of the time. Or it's holocaust revisionism. Or they are super right wing religious bigots. I actually quit the site after posting an op asking people not to be saying such full on racist or bigoted comments, and seeing literally 50 people rag on me for saying that it was making some of us uncomfortable.

edit on 15-5-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Let us not get into this long, drawnout and most often hostile debate please.

No need, because you said it yourself:

Am I afraid someone will turn me gay? Lol no

Case closed, you cannot turn a person gay. You can, however, turn another person into gay-fearing and a hater.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

Well why not post some stuff your spitting? As long as its not some vial christian propaganda, I'd be very interested in hearing it. I do have respect for ya, if your making music, it seems you've done a lot more with your life than I have with mine.

Anyway............. I don't even like most mainstream rap. I've just been obsessed with Eminem, ever since he hit the big time. His like the Bob Dylan of modern times. Damn is he inappropriate, but he gets that airtime and is in the top 20 of the best selling artists of all time. What a legend!

But having said that, 2pac is a God and could have started a revolution. If only the Illuminati didn't sub-contract the police to assassinate him. That's the reason why know ones rapping anything of meaning these days, they know what will happen if they don't comply with the status quo.

Come on now, there is still tons of "real" hip hop. The following below often have messages just as critical of the gov as anything Tupac wrote, if not more.

1) Immortal Technique
2) Jedi Mind Tricks
3) Brother Ali

I'll definitely check these dudes out. But I'm guessing nothing they said got them assassinated!

Maybe its the influence they have, rather than the actual words they speak, that gets them in trouble.

Yeah, they are great. I think Immortal Technique has the most clear political philosophy. In fact, I actually recommend his interviews on global issues more than his music. Jedi Mind Tricks is decent, has good anti-war stuff.

Brother Ali also covers these topics, from CIA ops to racism, but also probably has the best music out of the three, meaning beats and vibe.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Case closed, you cannot turn a person gay.

Case closed?
I also believe that people are born that way, but the case isn't closed. It's still just an opinion we share.

What if in fact we we're all born bisexual?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join