It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Lil Wayne and Gay Hip Hop industry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: TechUnique

"In the video, you will see just how gay the hip hop industry really is..."

Are you kidding me with this crap? Has anyone else watched this stupid video? Hip hop is a different culture and you're afraid of it, so you call it "gay" and try to show some crap by flashing pictures of hip hop artists showing innocent affection to each other... Complete with scary music and sound effects.

What a load of crap! The reason this scares you so much, Mr. "Unashamedly Christian", is because you have NO CLUE what the culture is about.

I'm sure some hip hop artists are gay (SO WHAT???), but this PROPAGANDA is pure unadulterated bull#!

Whoaaa. I obviously hit a raw nerve. Who said I'm scared of anything? And how do you know if I know anything about hip hop culture? I grew up in a grimey area in the UK and have been rapping since I was 13 FYI.

'Discussing' things with you on this site is so tedious. Don't be surprised if I don't reply to your next ignorant comment.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Sorry, I don't see the government sanctioned propaganda angle. I see a corporate propaganda angle, but I already admitted that. Pop music is carefully designed by businessmen who wouldn't know art if it were slapping them in the head to sell as many records as possible. Again, this is done by distilling the music down to the basest elements and creating a formula that sells records. As new genres emerge on the scene, the pop industry refines the formulas until that genre is incorporated into it and then that genre too becomes bland and uninteresting.

I'm not a fan of dubstep, but I've already noticed that dubstep is suffering from this VERY thing. I'm seeing bland pop dubstep on commercials. It is just the effect of it going mainstream.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

"In the video, you will see just how gay the hip hop industry really is..."

Are you kidding me with this crap? Has anyone else watched this stupid video? Hip hop is a different culture and you're afraid of it, so you call it "gay" and try to show some crap by flashing pictures of hip hop artists showing innocent affection to each other... Complete with scary music and sound effects.

What a load of crap! The reason this scares you so much, Mr. "Unashamedly Christian", is because you have NO CLUE what the culture is about.

I'm sure some hip hop artists are gay (SO WHAT???), but this PROPAGANDA is pure unadulterated bull#!

Whoaaa. I obviously hit a raw nerve. Who said I'm scared of anything? And how do you know if I know anything about hip hop culture? I grew up in a grimey area in the UK and have been rapping since I was 13 FYI.

'Discussing' things with you on this site is so tedious. Don't be surprised if I don't reply to your next ignorant comment.

I get their point, you started your OP and said the following;

make the youth more sinful and sexually immoral,
along with a video of two male rappers kissing.

It does come across as you being Christian and all trying to be condescending due to your beliefs. I took it with a pinch of salt as you never went down that road in the rest of the thread but some members will see your comments for what they were for!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well why not post some stuff your spitting? As long as its not some vial christian propaganda, I'd be very interested in hearing it. I do have respect for ya, if your making music, it seems you've done a lot more with your life than I have with mine.

Anyway............. I don't even like most mainstream rap. I've just been obsessed with Eminem, ever since he hit the big time. His like the Bob Dylan of modern times. Damn is he inappropriate, but he gets that airtime and is in the top 20 of the best selling artists of all time. What a legend!

But having said that, 2pac is a God and could have started a revolution. If only the Illuminati didn't sub-contract the police to assassinate him. That's the reason why know ones rapping anything of meaning these days, they know what will happen if they don't comply with the status quo.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

It's taken a while to filter down, but Carlton banks has a lot to answer for

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
With all due respect your comment about nobody in mainstream rap speaking on what tupac did is laughable, but not nearly as laughable as this conspiracy about the mainstream a secret gay devil agenda lol. I am sorry. I always keep an open mind and am respectful of others takes on what's going on in the world but sometimes people just spew garbage. This conspiracy holds no weight.

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Interesting video...

I don't mind people being gay, it's their choice...but they should be open about it and stop talking about "hoes and bitches".

Sexual favors in the music industry? Isn't that standard?
That's one of the reasons I don't want to join pop mainstream. I'm not a sell-out.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Well why not post some stuff your spitting? As long as its not some vial christian propaganda, I'd be very interested in hearing it. I do have respect for ya, if your making music, it seems you've done a lot more with your life than I have with mine.

Anyway............. I don't even like most mainstream rap. I've just been obsessed with Eminem, ever since he hit the big time. His like the Bob Dylan of modern times. Damn is he inappropriate, but he gets that airtime and is in the top 20 of the best selling artists of all time. What a legend!

But having said that, 2pac is a God and could have started a revolution. If only the Illuminati didn't sub-contract the police to assassinate him. That's the reason why know ones rapping anything of meaning these days, they know what will happen if they don't comply with the status quo.

ETA; "cause both black and white are smokin crack tonight".

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

There is an agenda to effeminise men. Is it to destroy the family unit as layed out in agenda 21? Or could you go a step further and say that the aim is to make the youth more sinful and sexually immoral, and therefore more prone to turning away from God?

Just going to come out as a gay and in support of gays here to state the fact that it is natural and in no way immoral!

It's not important to me that you accept it and I do not demand you change anything. This message is in support of other gAyTSers just living their NOT DEVIANT life like the rest of the world!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Interesting video...

I don't mind people being gay, it's their choice...but they should be open about it and stop talking about "hoes and bitches".

That's one of the reasons I don't want to join pop mainstream. I'm not a sell-out.

Sorry, is that somehow limited to gays? Do straight hip hop artists NOT talk about hoes and bi#%hes or are you saying it's OK for straight hip hop artists to rap about hoes and bi#%hes, just not gay hip hop artists?

I feel like we have traveled back to the 90s, lol WOW.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Drake might be dropped from young money for homosexual behavior

Man I don't understand why Wayne trippin anyways. First he wasl all on this gay sh*t with bridman but when I wanna do it, I can't.

If this isn't gay, I don't know what is.
Can't they just cut the crap and get out of the closet already?

Oh no, they gotta to act like gays but keep up with the strait alibi because they want to perverse heterosexual men that acting gay, dressing gay, touching men ass, kissing men on the lips and calling each other lovers isn't gay.

Perversive agenda, anti-christian...I'm not religious or anything but I know that's why they do it. A lot of the psychopaths that run the world believe and WANT the end of times to happen. So this is why there's this agenda.

I don't believe in end of times or the apocalypse as I think it's just myths and lies perpetuated by the elite to keep good religious men from stopping evil but the agenda is there, clear as day once you deny ignorance.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: MisterSpock

Sorry, I don't see the government sanctioned propaganda angle. I see a corporate propaganda angle, but I already admitted that. Pop music is carefully designed by businessmen who wouldn't know art if it were slapping them in the head to sell as many records as possible. Again, this is done by distilling the music down to the basest elements and creating a formula that sells records. As new genres emerge on the scene, the pop industry refines the formulas until that genre is incorporated into it and then that genre too becomes bland and uninteresting.

I'm not a fan of dubstep, but I've already noticed that dubstep is suffering from this VERY thing. I'm seeing bland pop dubstep on commercials. It is just the effect of it going mainstream.

I didn't say rap was government propaganda, I was just likening the situation to that. Namely that anyone who sees through propaganda or agenda driven information for the purposes of influence(be it through the music industry, or the government) should be concerned that there are those buying into it. And that speaking out about that concern is valid. So not being concerned "because you don't listen to it" isn't a reason to ignore or insinuate that others shouldn't be concerned.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Interesting video...

Sorry, is that somehow limited to gays? Do straight hip hop artists NOT talk about hoes and bi#%hes or are you saying it's OK for straight hip hop artists to rap about hoes and bi#%hes, just not gay hip hop artists?

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said or intended whatever you are babbling about.

People should just accept who they are and not put up a front, whatever the situation.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't mind the odd bit of underground hip hop to be honest. I rap as well. It can be a very positive thing it's just how you use it, as you have highlighted.

Exactly. I like real hip hop, and always have as a Californian (one of the top two places for US hip hop, next to NYC).

Like other genres, film, the written word, hip hop is a neutral medium, and can be used for good or evil.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Interesting video...

People should just accept who they are and not put up a front, whatever the situation.

OK Then! Lets hope you come back as a gay person in the next life and you be yourself in the "Ghetto" and see how long you survive intact for "Being yourself".

Talk about Rose Tinted Glasses!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't mind the odd bit of underground hip hop to be honest. I rap as well. It can be a very positive thing it's just how you use it, as you have highlighted.

Christian rap? I can't think of anything sadder or more pathetic than that. Give me an angry anti-establishment Eminem flow any day, over some try hard christian hip hop.

No offence brother, just speaking my mind.

DMX is Christian Rap and he is better than 99.99% of rappers in the history of HipHop.

Give me DMX over Eminem any day of the week.

Ugh, DMX kinda sucks dude.

And, he just got charged I believe for literally robbing someone at a gas station. So Christian.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Interesting video...

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said or intended whatever you are babbling about.

How can I put words in your mouth when I am quoting you?

You said "I don't mind people being gay, it's their choice...but they should be open about it and stop talking about "hoes and bitches"."

And I am asking very directly, without adding words are you saying:
a. the action of saying "hoes and bitc&^s is limited to gays? Or,
b. gays should not say "hoes and bit*&es", only straight rappers should

It implies you are saying gay people should quit saying "hoes and bit*&es".

What ARE you saying?

edit on 15-5-2015 by raedar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Come on now, there is still tons of "real" hip hop. The following below often have messages just as critical of the gov as anything Tupac wrote, if not more.

1) Immortal Technique
2) Jedi Mind Tricks
3) Brother Ali

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Segment of the "man bags" is a joke, as is the whole video.

Nothing wrong with a man making things easier to carry by condensing it into a satchel, or purse, what ever you wanna call it. I don't carry much, wallet, keys, phone and Chapstick, and I love my bag. Also, if a man wants to jazz it up with some fancy bag, good for him!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Anyone else here having trouble seeing lil wayne's feminized qualities?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join