It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Lil Wayne and Gay Hip Hop industry

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Ermahgerd OP!!!

Jaden Smith, herald of the apocalypse, destroyer of worlds, is also a......*gasp*......rapper!

This must surely be your worst nightmare?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Op wanted to have the last word and not get into a debate. By stating a gay could not turn him/her gay, Op proved the point that it is not possible.

Born this way means born this way. It doesn't mean I am of the opinion I was born this way.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

Let us not get into this long, drawnout and most often hostile debate please.

No need, because you said it yourself:

Am I afraid someone will turn me gay? Lol no

Case closed, you cannot turn a person gay. You can, however, turn another person into gay-fearing and a hater.

I said me, as in me personally. Then I followed up by saying 'however kids are very impressionable'.

Come on now, stop being childish. You may as well have just said 'I know you are but what am I'. You haven't proved anything.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Ermahgerd OP!!!

Jaden Smith, herald of the apocalypse, destroyer of worlds, is also a......*gasp*......rapper!

This must surely be your worst nightmare?

That's real cute kid.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I have lived on this Earth for over 40 years and have been gay for every one of them.

I have 2 sisters who were raised by the same parents who are not gay.

My mom is a God-fearing Christian and I was raised in the Church.

I came out of the closet in the early 90s and the landscape was not yet that accepting of gays (in my limited life experience at the time).

Nothing in my life happened to explain the fact that I am gay. I did not choose to be gay. I chose to come out honestly and live openly as a gay, but I did not choose to somehow create a chemical reaction inside my body to partners of the same sex.

I am not a sexual deviant. I believe in monogamy. I do not look at other people of the same sex and try to turn them gay.

Is Li'l Wayne gay? I don't think so. Does he act effeminate? Some. As many straight men do, many gay men do, many gay men do not, many straight men do not.

Do I believe there is a gay Agenda to turn straight children gay? ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Are there sexual predators in the gay community? Some sexual predators are gay, some sexual predators are straight. It has nothing to do with being gay and everything to do with mental illness.

I hope you can get to the bottom of your fear, Op. Fear controls our very life experience. Peace.
edit on 15-5-2015 by raedar because: msp

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I could argue against a lot of the points you made in that post, but I won't.

By the way, I fear no evil. Thanks for your concern though.

Peace.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No it's ridiculous, just like the premise of your OP.

You say you're also a rapper? Would love to see you spit a few lines, see if you have any skills.......or was that your attempt at being down wit da kidz?

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
As for the argument that past generations have "survived", I find it ironic given the state of society and the obvious trend downwards(we sure as hell aren't trending upwards). It takes years, if not decades, for the effects of these things to be seen. Given our current state of education(spiraling downward), poverty(unchecked, and accelerating), and what seems like an every increasing prison population. I can only imagine the state we will be in when the 8-16 year olds of today fully "bloom" in the next decade, considering all the brainwashing they are receiving today not just through the media, but also through the state sponsored "education" system.

I think we ARE trending upwards. Racial equality has proceeded further than it ever has. Gay rights have not only become acceptable to talk about, but things are being done to equalize the playing field for them. Sex isn't seen as some grave taboo.

Speaking of the prison population, marijuana is set to be legalized within the next few years (let's face it, it's inevitable), and because of this, people are finally starting to question the war on drugs. So we may even see an end to that as well, which should go a long way to reducing that prison population.

I do agree with the education (edit: sorry that previous word was a typo) aspect, but to be honest, it's probably because we get most of our textbooks from Texas. No offense to Texans, but Texas doesn't exactly promote intellectualism.
edit on 15-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
So tired of people blaming music for what is going on.
Every generation has its genre that is ruining the world but yet we all eat it up.

So now rap makes you a gay gangster thug that is anti establishment...

What's funny is the people complaining about the state of rap NOW and not in the mid-90's when the gangster rap thing was in full swing. Now rap is mostly just dance music where people rap about drinking tons of alcohol, doing drugs, and having tons of sex all to a dance beat.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

What's funny is the people complaining about the state of rap NOW and not in the mid-90's when the gangster rap thing was in full swing

It's almost asthough they're completely out of touch.....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You say you're also a rapper? Would love to see you spit a few lines, see if you have any skills.......or was that your attempt at being down wit da kidz?

Skills for what? Be a better rapper than Wayne? Does he actually have skill in the first place! :p
But yeah, the OP should post something!

Here's one of mine : Repentance
It talks about asking the elite to stop their madness before it's too late and that we can achieve much more working together.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I only have old stuff recorded from when I was a kid. The flow and lyrical content are good but only in a negative sense if that makes sense.

I don't really want to share it because its not what I'm about anymore. The only things I used to rap about were being a criminal, getting women and smoking weed really. The general sort of 'I'm a badass' sort of trash, but for what it was it was 'good'. I've got much better newer bars but none of them are recorded.

I'm actually pretty good believe it or not lol. Maybe I'll post a thread one day. But they are Christian themed bars so I don't know how well the reception would be. There's a lot of pain and struggle in them that people could relate to regardless of faith though.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Like others here on this thread, I'm gay as well and have made more than enough sacrifices fighting for my right to be treated as an equal.

One does not have "Horse Blinders" however I'm more than aware of how Christians treat the LGBT community in the US. Worst still I see how those bigoted homophobes Politicians that are in power in the US treat the LGBT community.

Thank be to God I live in the UK that is far more accepting and tolerant to the LGBT community than the US is.

That being said, your comment that gay folk in these communities should just be themselves, is a fairytale. These LGBT folk living in a society where they are seen as "immoral" as per the OP said, is not an environment that they would feel save to do so!

The U.S. is not quite as bad as Russia, but a long way to go to match the European stance on LGBTs IMO!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: TechUnique
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I don't mind the odd bit of underground hip hop to be honest. I rap as well. It can be a very positive thing it's just how you use it, as you have highlighted.

Christian rap? I can't think of anything sadder or more pathetic than that. Give me an angry anti-establishment Eminem flow any day, over some try hard christian hip hop.

No offence brother, just speaking my mind.

DMX is Christian Rap and he is better than 99.99% of rappers in the history of HipHop.

Give me DMX over Eminem any day of the week.

Ugh, DMX kinda sucks dude.

And, he just got charged I believe for literally robbing someone at a gas station. So Christian.

DMX sucks?

That's crazy talk.

I never suggested he's on the right path, in fact most of his prayers would say different.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Don't forget;

1) Ill Bill
2) Lowkey
3) Akala
4) Army Of The Pharaohs

Your list is nice.

JMT are sick.

Went to see Immortal Technique last year too, amazing show.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My own HipHop could be seen as a hint Islamic, sometimes, but it's all good pal cos we write and rap what we're good at...

Swing us a link and I'll check out your music when it's recorded...

Was gonna share two of my tracks recently but I think the swearing, although minimal, is against T&Cs.
edit on 15-5-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
what does gay in your title have to do with your post and why would you think that Hip Hop is Gay? It sounds a little bit like Rock n Roll Music (1950s) will turn you into a satanic worshipping fend.

A

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Did you flow on this track? It sounds like what you were describing (badass christian bars)

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

There's nothing there man. I don't have any of my newer bars recorded anywhere anyway.

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Mate what's your problem with gay people? You do know jesus never mentioned gay people, so why do you feel you need to on his behalf

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join