It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant to host 'White Appreciation Day'

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Clearly, you haven't read any of the thread beyond the first post. Every single "point" you're trying to make has been discussed at length. Go back and read?

The civility in this thread is refreshing, I hope it lasts.

As for the OP, from a business standpoint I can see why he decided it, and he should not be getting "bomb threats" etc, what load of crap. It shows just how backwards things are right now.

From a social standpoint right now, this guy has balls of steel, good for him. He "gets it". It sounds like he didn't allow U.S. politics to influence his business decision. I personally believe that anyone not tainted by political bias would agree that equal means EQUAL, all get special treatment or none. I'd rather see the none. As a white man, with that said, I, personally don't want a month or a day devoted to the color of my skin, and I think it's ridiculous that any other race should either.

I do understand his sentiments though, so for that I have to give the man a kudos.

I very much agree with Bill Cosby and Morgan Freeman on this matter. Yet, both have been called "Uncle Toms" by many in the black community and Bill Cosby was recently blasted and vilified with "rape" charges by the media, which is such a shame. I don't know what to think about those charges, but I sure do agree with his opinion on this matter..

Here's Morgan's opinion on the whole "race issue" and "Black history month" topic. He's dead on, there really are no reasons to dispute it. Frustrating that so many do. And people wonder why there is a negative opinion of the "entitlement" mentality coming from the left and the black community.

edit on 24-6-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Southern Guardian

I loooooove Morgan Freeman! He is NORMAL like most of us. If he was president of USA i would vote for him!

See, we need Normal Straight thinking Humans running this Rock called Earth, not the numbskulls who claim they speak for 5 billion of us. Who the hell made these greedy billionaires Gods, oh yeah We Did.. People are way too passive, they 'we' need to kick the numb numbs in the nut nuts and tell them who owns them cause if people don't speak up it's going to get worse, much worse. And i don't care what colour you are, just so long as you have empathy and you're not a psycho.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I would vote for Morgan as well, he seems to have more common sense than any politician paid by lobbyists etc right now.

Unfortunately, we know an average peon filled with common sense (even a high profile actor with common sense) would never be allowed to be president because now days you need millions and millions of dollars from super-pacs to satisfy the handful of elites controlling this nation (and the world) right now.

It's a sad sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I would vote for Morgan as well, he seems to have more common sense than any politician paid by lobbyists etc right now.

Unfortunately, we know an average peon filled with common sense (even a high profile actor with common sense) would never be allowed to be president because now days you need millions and millions of dollars from super-pacs to satisfy the handful of elites controlling this nation (and the world) right now.

It's a sad sad state of affairs.

yeah it is and there seems no end to it at the moment. The only hope i have left is the X-Gen who remember how it used to be. Everyone after that has been for the most part 'brainwashed' by the crap the big wigs who create all the rules for us tax payers to pick up the bill for. That is totally wrong morally and individually to expect the people of any country to pay for something they don't agree on morally or generally. Something has to give, something has to stop the madness of Governments who are supposed to be our employees not our employers. It's out of control now, it has to end.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Here's another Video with Morgan Freeman. He is aware.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The only hope i have left is the X-Gen who remember how it used to be

I am a gen-X'er who DOES remember how it used to be. It makes me sad and sick at the same time... Nice Letterman/Morgan Freeman vid. This wasn't that long ago, but I really miss it already. Goddammit.

Freeman for pres!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Yes you an i both.. it used to be really ordinary, cool normal... now it's on the verge of mental insanity. It feels wrong totally wrong, everything is skewed and twisted. I'm glad you see it too. But at the same time i feel it's all going to work itself out. Nothing bad lasts forever, right? I feel it's all going to end soon.

Now i have to post a song, sorry it just came up on my mp3 list .. the good sh't we all used to hear on the radio.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Yes you an i both.. it used to be really ordinary, cool normal... now it's on the verge of mental insanity. It feels wrong totally wrong, everything is skewed and twisted. I'm glad you see it too. But at the same time i feel it's all going to work itself out. Nothing bad lasts forever, right? I feel it's all going to end soon.

What a good post. All I can say is that I hope you are right. It better damn well work itself out, and I feel the same, oddly. It WILL! I don't know how or why, but just knowing there are others out there that can see it too, is really calming..

There is no better song than Hotel California to help ease this BS feeling. I dunno why either since it's essentially a pretty hellish song involving eternity and hell, but still. LOL I dig it too.

Thanks for your posts awareness10, at least from here on out, I (and I'm sure other ATS'ers) don't have to feel so damn alone.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Awesomeness, or should i say Coolness, right on far out.. lol you know Xgen talk. Im a geek sometimes..

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join