It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant to host 'White Appreciation Day'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

i guess you never saw Undercover Brother.
mayonnaise was one of the funnier parts.

they had a couple of scenes with it.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

oh there's more: grits, oatmeal, cauliflower. that was funny btw,but not nearly as funny as this:

hehe. i like eddie murphy. one of my favorite movies of all time is trading places. have you seen that?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i know this is off topic but just one more!

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Theres a Hispanic Heritage Month? I didn't even know this existed. The only Hispanic people I've ever seen are on TV. Where I'm from seeing a Hispanic person would be like seeing a purple unicorn.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
pastas turn white when prepared, so some pastas also qualify as "white"

spaghetti, macaroni, ravioli, noodles, angel hair pasta, lasagna, rigatoni, mozarella cheese, white sauce, cream cheese, feta cheese, salt, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots , coconut without the shell, coconut oil, coconut milk, white cream butter, white sweet corn, vanilla frosting, vanilla fudge, white chocolate, marshmallows, parmesan cheese, tons of different white cheeses from europe and the middle east, tofu, garlic, onions, mushrooms, anybody hungry yet?, white bean humus, tripe, oysters, clam meat, crab meat, lobster meat, shrimp meat, white mulberries, bananas without the peel, pears without the peel, apples without the peel, flat bread, goat's milk, taco shells, tortilla shells, tortilla chips, and parsnips.

lol

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't see a problem with it. Quid pro quo. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

There's nothing racist about it. Anyone who thinks it's racist is a racist themselves.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Obsrvr
I don't see a problem with it. Quid pro quo. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

There's nothing racist about it. Anyone who thinks it's racist is a racist themselves.

Besides, the owners are hispanic, so couldn't this actually be his sincere effort to reach across the "racial" divide?

(Genetically, there are no races and it is an outdated social construct, given that the DNA between the "races" has just as much variability as the DNA between individuals--IE, not much.)
edit on 11-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

well it is racist in that it acknowledges skin color as a thing. skin color recognition should only be for biology and genetic textbooks, not for special (insert your ethnicity) programs and restaurant offers. that it had to come to this, is evidence that something is wrong.

action-->reaction.

basic chemistry
edit on 11-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What's wrong is people clinging to the past. As long as people hold a grudge, nothing will change.

"You know you're getting close to the truth when someone calls you a racist." - Greg Gutfeld
edit on 5/11/15 by Obsrvr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

What's wrong is people clinging to the past. As long as people hold a grudge, nothing will change.

"You know you're getting close to the truth when someone calls you a racist." - Greg Gutfeld

if we aren't united, we can easily be herded into selling each other down the river and into various forms of even worse servitude than we already have today. that is not what most people want, so whoever is encouraging this, is not a friend to whites or blacks.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

We've come full circle to quid pro quo.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

if we aren't united, we can easily be herded into selling each other down the river and into various forms of even worse servitude than we already have today. that is not what most people want, so whoever is encouraging this, is not a friend to whites or blacks.

Well said. "A house divided amongst itself cannot stand."

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

can we stop it?

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Obsrvr

Impossible!

I can see your book of racism is out of date.

It is now common knowledge in the US indoctrination factories..... er I mean colleges and university / media, that is impossible for minorities to be racist. Only whites and white, Christian males in particular are egregious offenders.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Krakatoa

I don't really see a problem with it. I wonder if this restaurant has discounts for other colors of people on other days...

my daughter had a friend since childhood who was half black and half white. she now lives with us. i wonder if she would qualify. i think of her like a daughter. if the president of the usa doesn't qualify, then we has a problem. and that problem is, making programs based on race. this is not supposed to be a country based on racial segregation/superiority/inferiority. that it started out that way was a travesty, but we have moved on from that, so why are we now going backwards?

Because we havent moved on?

If so then why do whe even have days like "black/hispanic apreciation day" to begin with. It is sick all in itself already.
But since we do have those days then woulndt it be racist to not have a "white people apreciation day" ?

P.S I am half blooded myself, im half "black, half "white".

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Black History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month.

Not quite the same thing.

Public school history books were very "white hetero male".

yeah strange how that works huh? In a country that is orinignaly made up of white people and they have history books that reflect that, ..what insanity is this..

And how about those school books in india , over there their school books all reflect brown people ...i know...it so wrong and racist of them.. unimaginable even.

Sorry bout the sarcasme but, really now..

edit on 11-5-2015 by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I would disagree we went full scale in the opposite direction.

We got rid of segregation and the gov doesn't sanction it. But i still get the feeling we have plenty living in the past.

Shoot a portion of our gov is still trying to dictate who can get married ans using the bible to do so.

I agree with OpiniatedB that the pendulum has swung full scale in the opposite direction. It isn't about equality is about superior-equality. From birth we are inundated with the "race" factor and that needs to stop or we stay stagnant and fighting amongst ourselves for the rest of our stay here on this rock.

As a woman of MANY different "races" (who happens to have pale skin in the winter and olive skin in the summer) I don't want a white appreciation day because I don't want race to play a role in my day to day agenda. I am a human regardless of the amount/or lack of pigmentation that decides my skin color.

The quote of yours that I put in bold - is spot on the truth! I think you are implying the opposite of what I am. Either way it is still spot on! The past is the past and you can't move forward if you are still living there.

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

This is absolute true, in fact they have a word for something
that is self-evident, I forget what it is right now.

Rebel 5

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick
a reply to: Krakatoa

Why is it, every distinction on earth is OK to celebrate but white or christian?

I'm not even religious and see clearly the antichristian promuslim bias in the media.

The anti white bias is of legendary proportions at the moment.

Because only the oppressed minorities have the monopoly on and can play the race card, thats why.

We have bent over backwards so much to appease these people that we've come nearly full circle and we have our heads stuck up our butts.

The truth is 99% of the time, the only person who has a problem with his skin colour, is the coloured guy himself.

Political correctness is now out of control, and you live in fear of being labelled a racist because you don't agree with something a black person does or says, so we all must keep quiet.
edit on PM1Mon20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I found this on twitter...

Interesting..
edit on PM1Mon20151972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join