It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant to host 'White Appreciation Day'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You see this paragraph from the OP?

I am on topic.

It seems here that an American businessman (of Mexican descent) has decided to offer a counter to the Black History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month by creating a single day in his BBQ restaurant to celebrate "White American's". He is now being inundated with allegations of racism over it all.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Annee

MOST of them, never owned a slave..

Time to get angry at the 1%... 99% never owned anyone.

And who said they did?

No one.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

So why even discuss slavery?

My husbands family has ex-slaves in it if I remember correctly.. and they were white.. they ran away, and hid in mountains.

edit on 10-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

My husbands family has ex-slaves in it if I remember correctly.. and they were white.. they ran away, and hid in mountains..

because annee is brainwashed. it's part of the democratic platform to blame you and me and our ancestors for #, most of us didn't do, to ignore the good that was done, and to smack us upside the head for not being racists.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If this guy wants to do it that is fine.

I just don't like the comparisons to black history or Hispanic history months. It is no secret the we as people had to pull out collective heads out of our asses and stop treating people as sub humans not that long ago.

That is where those movements come from.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

My husbands family has ex-slaves in it if I remember correctly.. and they were white.. they ran away, and hid in mountains.

Who is discussing slavery?

Who cherry picked a part of a statement and tried to blow it up into a baited argument?

Not biting.

I'll check back after the unnecessary baiting subsides.
edit on 10-5-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

yes... and we have gone full scale now in the opposite direction..

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

hey did you ever see this?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Antillon said he would consider offering a discount to other racial groups, but said it's unlikely to actually happen.

He says this is about bringing all of us together but yet he says this...

This is the deciding factor for some right? Does he do it for other groups?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

there was no reason to bring it up in the first place..

Yes, we have black history month.. its a month where everyone can concentrate on learning more about the blacks in this country.. great. We do this, people give discounts during that month.. even AARP does during black history month.

We have Mexican heritage months as well..

but some Mexican thought hey.. all this for every race, why not have a day for whites...

one day.. and the Mexican man gets death threats and bomb threats..

yeah.. we have equality now..unless you are white.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I would disagree we went full scale in the opposite direction.

We got rid of segregation and the gov doesn't sanction it. But i still get the feeling we have plenty living in the past.

Shoot a portion of our gov is still trying to dictate who can get married ans using the bible to do so.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Perhaps he is in a white neighborhood..?

“It’s like we’ve said many times before, if a black person comes in here and says, ‘Hey, what about my discount,’ they’re going to get a discount,” Mr. Antillon said. “If a Mexican comes in here and says, ‘I want a discount,’ they’re going to get a discount. Nobody’s going to be turned down for anything.”

link

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's sad it has come to something like this.....however, I am sick and tired of Mexican-Americans, African-Americans, ANY-Americans!!! To me you are either AMERICAN or not. Plain and simple.

Years ago, during a "cultural awareness" workshop I had to take for work, the instructor went around the room wanting everyone to "remember their heritage" by identifying the countries both sides of their family were from. thus identifying as Irish-American. Italian-American, etc., etc. Well, I identified myself simply as AMERICAN!!

Boy did I hear it from him. He said that's what is wrong with this country - not "standing up" for our true cultures. I told him that hyphenated recognition is what is really helping to destroy this country.......

I don't think he cared much for me disrupting his little workshop.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Biigs
Isnt every day white Americans day?

No. I've heard certain people in the far left media claim it is. But it's clearly not.
There is no one dominant culture that is glorified every day all over the country.

to me, the "dominant culture" has been extreme wealth, so much so that people have lost homes, jobs, benefits steadily for the last 40 years, at the same time "extreme wealth" has had tremendous gains. there has been a degradation in income, privacy, and upward income mobility.....gen X'ers of today will be the first generation that will do worse overall than their parents.....racial divisions are smokescreens to keep us divided, and they have been actively nurtured.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Well that is good to see that, I was just going by what I read from the OP source.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Since the topic of same sex marriage is well outside the scope of this topic then I wont comment on that here.

As for the business owner.. I think he was just doing a thing, and he, as a minority, realized that everyone has a day, or a month, but there is nothing for white people. They make a white people's day, and he thinks hey.. might get me some extra business from the neighborhood if I offer discounts..

he was going for a bit of local publicity yes.. he was hoping to attract a few customers.. he didn't see what he was doing as wrong in any way.. (and I do agree with him on that point)

All in all, he is not a bad guy from the sounds of his interviews .. yet over that he received bomb threats and death threats..and that is just not cool.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
White appreciation day? LOL. What the hell are people smoking that they think we need a "White Appreciation Day" to somehow offset Black History Month?

Black History Month isn't Black Appreciation Month. It's simply something that came about in the US, Canada and the UK to put a focus on Black History, a topic traditionally neglected in history classes. It was recognized by the US government in 1976, in a time immediately following the Civil Rights era. It's not a slight against white people. If anything, it was intended to help with the integration of the black population into the mainstream of American society after a hundred years of being second class citizens under racially oppressive laws following the end of slavery.

What I see in this thread is a bunch of whiny white conservatives who look for any opportunity these days to cry about how put upon we white people are (particularly all the Christians martyrs who imagine they face persecution by the evil liberal MSM).

Here's the truth. Conservatives in this country are being manipulated by race baiting demagogues who engage in identity politics to control the base. Enjoy being brainwashed suckers.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
White appreciation day? LOL. What the hell are people smoking that they think we need a "White Appreciation Day" to somehow offset Black History Month?

Offset it?

Is that what you think about all this? Its aimed to some how diminish black history month?

What about simply appreciating white people for a day?

Are white people such scum they have never done anything for anyone that was good or worth appreciating?

WOW the racism is strong in this thread, in before the lock. Oh wait its aimed at whites, never mind thats not the same. Carry on.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Oh wait its aimed at whites, never mind thats not the same. Carry on.

Just go to the front page and you can see a thread that shows the racism of black people as well.
So your stance that no one buy white people can be aimed at on this site is just untrue.

And that is the stance that is being taken, since we have the black history month then we have to have a white appreciation day/month.

Offset seems to fit there.

Are white people such scum they have never done anything for anyone that was good or worth appreciating?

Who is saying that?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Offset it?

Is that what you think about all this? Its aimed to some how diminish black history month?

That's what I think about all this? Did you read the OP at all or any of the comments in this thread? From the OP:

It seems here that an American businessman (of Mexican descent) has decided to offer a counter to the Black History Month and Hispanic Heritage Month by creating a single day in his BBQ restaurant to celebrate "White American's". He is now being inundated with allegations of racism over it all.

What about simply appreciating white people for a day?

What's the point except fomenting racial division? White Americans have it better than 99% of homo sapiens sapiens who have ever lived. Are we such a pathetic lot, so far out of touch with reality that we need a day to feel good about ourselves?

Some of us are really in need of a reality check — everyday is already White Appreciation Day.

edit on 2015-5-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join