It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant to host 'White Appreciation Day'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I understand that. Also the Ukraine people were enslaved.

But I don't think therefore they will have a white day.

There enslavement wasn't based on their race.

In America it was particularly related to race. That's the history...whether we like it or not. It was race based.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It’s nothing wrong with honoring the white race.

Though frankly I don’t like any racial days or months but I understand the context of black history month and accept the reasoning behind it.

I’d prefer they go away but, again, understand and have no problems with past oppressed people trying to get some self esteem back

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i'm like a mother hen. i love people. i don't want them to die! i don't want race wars, terrorist bombings, dead people, etc. why is not wanting to be a racist, such a bad thing?

i am not going to blame white people for crimes by individuals, nor blacks, nor other skin colors. it's absolutely stupid. that is the definition of racism . individual people do individual bad things. that's it. there's not a skin color SIN.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

In America it was particularly related to race. That's the history...whether we like it or not. It was race based.

So WE'RE GOING TO IGNORE ALL THE WORK, THE DEATHS OF WHITE PEOPLE WHO FOUGHT TO END SLAVERY, ALL THE POLITICAL PROTESTS, THE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF LAWYERS WORKING TO DEFEND AND PROTECT, THE CHARITABLE WORK, AND SO ON, BECAUSE WE CAN'T FORGET THE ASSHOLES. WE JUST GOTTA REMEMBER THE ASSHOLES, FOREVER AND EVER, AND MAKE SURE THE ASSHOLES SKIN COLOR IS THE ONLY FACTOR WE ARE WILLING TO BRING INTO THE CONVERSATION!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
*adds her cursing donation money to NLBS' Alzheimer's fund*

edit on 10-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Absolutely not.

My favorite American is John Brown, THE WHITE abolitionist

No one here is talking about dissing any race

I consider ALL races as the human race

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Absolutely not.

My favorite American is John Brown, THE WHITE abolitionist

No one here is talking about dissing any race

I consider ALL races as the human race

then why do you keep talking only about the whites that enslaved and not the whites that didn't?

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

www.civilwar.org...

nearly 100,000 more people died on the union side for a grand total of union deaths of 590,000 people, than on the confederate side. only 4000 black deaths due to combat and 30,000 black deaths due to disease, for a grand total of 34,000 black deaths. a huge portion of people who died, died due to disease on all sides and in every racial category.

THEIR LIVES DO NOT COUNT. ONLY THE LIVES OF THE CONFEDERATES ARE WORTH MENTIONING!

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

a reply to: Krakatoa

Your intentions sound worthy but you have to understand that all these “Black, Hispanic, Native American appreciation days have a context.

And that context is oppression, exclusion and racism towards them by the main population going into centuries.

These minority appreciation days therefore aren’t really based on race but on the circumstance of oppression of those groups by the main group, European Americans.

Sure, minorities were treated horribly in the past, but it wasn't racially exclusive. For argument's sake, the British monarchy oppressed anyone who wasn't them, including white Scots, Irish, Welsh and even English people in lower social ranks. We hear so much about the British monarchy murdering and displacing communities of other races, but no one talks about the things they done to white people in their own country and others. Hell, my Scottish ancestors were effectively forced off their land by the British monarchy. They were told to leave or face death. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to the way the British monarchy treated people in other communities all over the world.

Minorities shouldn't really see this whole 'white people' thing in such broad terms. Many people have ancestors who were systematically oppressed by the monarchies, and that includes white people too. It does no one any good to use the 'racism' card every chance they get, and it certainly doesn't do any one well to cast the blame on white people in general.

edit on 10-5-2015 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
Or better yet, since you're talking about whites enslaving blacks...what about the other blacks that sold them to the evil whites in the first place?

All or nothing. Acknowledge every race or acknowledge none. Putting one on a pedestal just creates division. If it is division you want, then divide equally.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
white slaves, there's 2 videos in his series, but this one has the most information on the subject, as the first video is mostly about how he found historical errors in one of the white slavery books that he suggested reading. he wanted to make sure people who read it, realized the guy who wrote it was not always accurate and sometimes even sounded like he was perhaps a bit of a racist himself.

note that he says "red neck" is a racist insult that derives from "red legs", and was a name given to white slaves in barbados because of the blistering of their legs in the sun.
edit on 10-5-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   
black slaves of native americans

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
arab muslims enslaved blacks and still do.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

you forgot mayonnaise, you know us white folks just loves us some mayo.

edit on 10-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

a reply to: Krakatoa

Your intentions sound worthy but you have to understand that all these “Black, Hispanic, Native American appreciation days have a context.

And that context is oppression, exclusion and racism towards them by the main population going into centuries.

These minority appreciation days therefore aren’t really based on race but on the circumstance of oppression of those groups by the main group, European Americans.

Sure, minorities were treated horribly in the past, but it wasn't racially exclusive. For argument's sake, the British monarchy oppressed anyone who wasn't them, including white Scots, Irish, Welsh and even English people in lower social ranks. We hear so much about the British monarchy murdering and displacing communities of other races, but no one talks about the things they done to white people in their own country and others. Hell, my Scottish ancestors were effectively forced off their land by the British monarchy. They were told to leave or face death. It wasn't entirely dissimilar to the way the British monarchy treated people in other communities all over the world.

Minorities shouldn't really see this whole 'white people' thing in such broad terms. Many people have ancestors who were systematically oppressed by the monarchies, and that includes white people too. It does no one any good to use the 'racism' card every chance they get, and it certainly doesn't do any one well to cast the blame on white people in general.

Of course oppression isn’t universally racial.

It’s nationalistic often, religious, sexist, class.

Sure racial minorities SHOULD NOT make their experience a universal one when other nuances of ignorance and hatred based on what I list above also is a excuse for oppression.

On the other hand people should learn to accept others perspectival experiences.

When minorities over play their hand its sometimes understandable.

Jews have been accused of playing the German Nazi card too often but we may have to be understanding of that experience.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

and yogurt, ice cream, whipped cream, mash potatoes, rice, sour cream, horseradish, ranch salad dressing (i'm getting hungry), milk, cream, cream soup and eggs. i'm sure there's others. lol

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LoverBoy

Im not putting anyone on a pedestal.

Jews still talk about their bad experience, it’s only natural

Native Americans as well. Do you think that they have certain freedoms others don't because of past oppression is wrong?

And btw I'm not bashing the white race over slavery.

I'm trying to make people understand why oppressed minorities of color have certain mentalities relating to the scourge of past and present racism.

edit on 10-5-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

i'm understanding. lots of people are understanding of the black situation. but the democratic party is becoming the face of "we don't give a # about anybody" party . notice the insult "red neck" is from when whites were slaves. when a democrat gets on national televison and calls a white person who won't vote for them a "red neck", they are essentially doing the equivalent of calling a black person a racial slur based on a slave related name, such as the "N" word. it's the party of racism and it's turning the repubs into the other party of racism.

this i suppose is to prepare us for the next slave trade, since you can't very well abuse people in such a fashion, who are united.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Because it is easier to blame someone else rather than to look into the mirror and face the facts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join