It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

In legal terms I think all he had to know was there would be a good chance of injury..the fact it went too far falls within 2nd degree murder or mansluaghter? whether death was intentional or not. Like a robbery were someone is killed unintentionaly.
edit on 2-5-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Biggest problem for prosecutors to go for anything else they will have to prove he knew his actions would cause death.

No, they don't have to prove that, but I bet they can.

Baltimore has a history of huge, multi-million dollar pay outs, due to "nickle rides", dating back to the 1980s. The 1997 seat policy, although already a federal standard, was "updated" just a few week ago. There's reason for that! I would speculate that every driver was notified and probably briefed on the policy updates and the reason why.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Exactly, is going to be hard to prove that the death of Gray at the hands of the police was intentionally, if all the officers stick together on their story of the accounts.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: Rosinitiate

You were called to an alley by the cops? So the cops didn't enter the private property?

Then the beer was dumped out in the alley by the cops?

Did the cops go on the private property or not? Did you carry the beer to the alley?

They were in the alley i was in the grass. They took my beer and handcuffed me because I was carrying concealed (legally). They ran my carry license, removed the cuffs and gave me back my weapon but not having first written up a summons.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

To me it doesn't matter whether someone believes that cops target certain stereotypes because they are just mean or because those stereotypes typically fit and 9 out of 10 times they find something on them. It's not about why they do it as far as I'm concerned just as long as we admit that it happens.

It's the people who deny that any such stereotyping happens that drive me crazy. It's not a race thing so much as a class and poverty thing. The fact is that stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. So yes, if you have two guys and one looks like a gang banger and the other looks like a banker, odds are they will represent their image to some degree. Maybe not always, but the majority of the time.
edit on 2-5-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They don't have to prove Freddie Grey's death was intentional.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

All they need to prove is intent to injure..and it is proven that nickle rides can and do cause injury or death, the police have very specific policy regarding it and every ahole involved ignored the policy..why? not hard to conclude they wanted Gray to suffer a bit.
edit on 2-5-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Wolfenz
Gray was Obviously Beaten & Paralyzed .. Did you not see The photo of Him with tube's all over , with a Neck Brace , and a Wired for Brain Activity !! Did you see that ??

One point about your post...

You have a lot of questions in it, but then you say he was obviously beaten... How can you come to a conclusion when even you have a dozen questions too that need answering?

Hmmm Wired for Brain Activity ? Neck Brace... Paralyzed...

READ!!! READ!!!

( Baltimore SUN )

The 45-minute mystery of Freddie Gray's death
www.baltimoresun.com...=1

Sellers, 59, who is Booze's brother and lives on the same block, said he was among those who started moving toward Gray, and saw police beating him. "They were taking their black batons, whatever they are, and hitting him," Sellers said.

From inside her Gilmor Homes apartment, which overlooks the street north of Baker, Jacqueline Jackson, 53, heard "a big commotion" as she was washing dishes. She lifted her blinds and window and peered out, looking down on the van. Gray, she said, looked unresponsive. Officers were moving quickly to get him back in the van as people ran down the street from Presbury, Jackson said. "They lifted him up by his pants, and he wasn't responding, and they threw him in that paddy wagon," Jackson said. "It wasn't like they took him out to see what was going on with him. … I said, 'Call the paramedics!'"

AND THEN.....

Police have said that a preliminary report on Gray's autopsy showed he had no injuries except to his spinal cord. No evidence of kicks, punches or other beatings. No evidence of broken limbs.

Why He Die ? Why was he Wired for Brain Activity ??? as the Photo Shows!

then on...

After the pickup, the van headed south again — but this time it was headed for the Western District police station rather than Central Booking. When Gray was taken out of the van, Rodriguez said, "he could not talk and he could not breathe." Beyond damage to his spinal cord, Gray had a crushed voice box.

Crushed Voice Box ?? Hmm... Probably Stopping with their jack Boots or hands to his throat..

Ohh One Refused to make a Statement..

Of the six suspended officers — Lt. Brian Rice, Sgt. Alicia White, and Officers William Porter, Garrett Miller, Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson Jr. — five have provided statements to police officials. Police have not said which officer has refused. The police union has defended the actions of all those involved.

Well we will see the what happens next and who will speak .. at the trial..

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Gray was Obviously Beaten & Paralyzed .. Did you not see The photo of Him with tube's all over , with a Neck Brace , and a Wired for Brain Activity !! Did you see that ??

You have a lot of questions in it, but then you say he was obviously beaten... How can you come to a conclusion when even you have a dozen questions too that need answering?

READ!!! READ!!!

( Baltimore SUN )

Sellers, 59, who is Booze's brother and lives on the same block, said he was among those who started moving toward Gray, and saw police beating him. "They were taking their black batons, whatever they are, and hitting him," Sellers said.

From inside her Gilmor Homes apartment, which overlooks the street north of Baker, Jacqueline Jackson, 53, heard "a big commotion" as she was washing dishes. She lifted her blinds and window and peered out, looking down on the van. Gray, she said, looked unresponsive. Officers were moving quickly to get him back in the van as people ran down the street from Presbury, Jackson said. "They lifted him up by his pants, and he wasn't responding, and they threw him in that paddy wagon," Jackson said. "It wasn't like they took him out to see what was going on with him. … I said, 'Call the paramedics!'"

AND THEN.....

Police have said that a preliminary report on Gray's autopsy showed he had no injuries except to his spinal cord. No evidence of kicks, punches or other beatings. No evidence of broken limbs.

then on...

After the pickup, the van headed south again — but this time it was headed for the Western District police station rather than Central Booking. When Gray was taken out of the van, Rodriguez said, "he could not talk and he could not breathe." Beyond damage to his spinal cord, Gray had a crushed voice box.

Crushed Voice Box ?? Hmm... Probably Stopping with their jack Boots or hands to his throat..

Of the six suspended officers — Lt. Brian Rice, Sgt. Alicia White, and Officers William Porter, Garrett Miller, Edward Nero and Caesar Goodson Jr. — five have provided statements to police officials. Police have not said which officer has refused. The police union has defended the actions of all those involved.

These were bicycle cops they dont carry batons. In fact most police dont know been replaced with the mace cannisters. So im highly supect of the witness testimony. Bias can work in the other direction to. People think if police are going to beat you they use batons so when they made the accusation they fill in the blanks.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: WarminIndy
a reply to: Rosinitiate

You were called to an alley by the cops? So the cops didn't enter the private property?

Then the beer was dumped out in the alley by the cops?

Did the cops go on the private property or not? Did you carry the beer to the alley?

They were in the alley i was in the grass. They took my beer and handcuffed me because I was carrying concealed (legally). They ran my carry license, removed the cuffs and gave me back my weapon but not having first written up a summons.

If they didn't come on private property then how did they get the can from you? Why didn't you just set it down before going over there?

That way they would have had to get a search order. Once that beer can crossed that property line by you reaching over, it was no longer on private property even if you were standing on that side.

You could have even set it down on the grass by your feet, it would still have been private property. So how did it go across the line?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: Wolfenz

Hell there is a Guy.. in Jail for 20 years to Life Just for handing His Car Keys to His Roomate! when he was Drunk he wasn't there at the Scene of the Crime a Robbery Rape Drug Related Murder.. and did not know what was going on !!.. He just Hand the keys to his Buddy thinking it was a Beer Run ...

if this is the case i think your talking about your wrong now, and you were wrong in the thread about that case.
he admitted to knowing what they were gonna do and gave them bandannas to cover to cover the tag and their faces during the crime.

here is the thread.
How Lending A Friend Your Car, Then Going to Bed Can Land You a Life Prison Sentence

Hmmm... Apparently a different story change ... from what I read about the case he wasn't coherent as Drunk... and he said he didn't hear all the conversation... and thought they were not Serious... as his Roommate made Pranks before... Unfortunately it wasn't a Prank this time... and he thought it was a Beer Run & Food as they did... many time before ...

Statements in defense Allen said in a pretrial deposition that all Holle did "was to say, 'Use the car.' I mean, nobody really knew that girl was going to get killed. It was not in the plans to go kill somebody, you know." Holle had no criminal record. He had lent his car to Allen countless times before. In a 2007 interview with The New York Times, Holle stated that "I honestly thought they were going to get food," adding that "When they actually mentioned what was going on, I thought it was a joke." He added that he was naive, and had been drinking all night, so he "didn't understand what was going on."[2]

But the point is He wasn't there he wasn't involved except lending them they car and got equal Punishment as they did that where there ... I Stand corrected !! He got Life not 20 years ! with Out!! the possibility of parole

The Point i was making as to Mentioning any of this is about the the Felony Murder Rule ... in Most States the Liability, Accountability, of the not doing the harm Party... doing the Act of the Crime ... just observing or Helping the cause it... to make the crime happen, even tho that Party/group ... did not participate in the Actual... Intentional Crime...

Felony murder rule
en.wikipedia.org...

These Officers Should Have the Same Punishment as They were All at the Scene !! In this Case...

There Should be no Exception to the Rule for Law Enforcers Either !

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

If they didn't come on private property then how did they get the can from you? Why didn't you just set it down before going over there?

Maybe, since he wasn't committing a crime, he didn't think it mattered, if he still had it his hand when he stepped off the "private property", in obedience to the officers' command. Sounds like entrapment to me.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

READ!!! READ!!!

( Baltimore SUN )

AND THEN.....

then on...

These were bicycle cops they dont carry batons. In fact most police dont know been replaced with the mace cannisters. So im highly supect of the witness testimony. Bias can work in the other direction to. People think if police are going to beat you they use batons so when they made the accusation they fill in the blanks.

Hmm lol... what kind of footwear did they have...? those Sneakers ? and Do officers have Knees that can cause to Obstruct Breathing or even Crush the Wind pipe !

Yeah you can do Damage with a Patrol Cylce Shoe ...

Patrol Cycle Patrol Shoe
www.police-bikes.com...

See No Batons needed ... all you need is Manhandling Tackle and some Usage on Knees or a forearm too...

to Restrain and to Cuff ... and some Beat Down Love with Some Cycle gloved Handwork! (MMA & UFC STYLE ) could Work too..

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago5121 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: mOjOm

I read that the pathology report showed that he had some illegal drugs in his system, it was in this thread I think.

Regarding the interview with the Baltimore police officer referencing heroin in the toxicology report:
Here is where the actual interview was from last night. The source you sited was something else entirely.
VIDEO:
video.foxnews.com...=show-clips

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Clips like that are jokes IMO. Faceless guy, could be a fox intern for all we know.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Clips like that are jokes IMO. Faceless guy, could be a fox intern for all we know.

Hey, you don't like what he said...I get that.
You really don't think the network vetted him first...and would risk their reputation (he says as he waits for a long negative diatribe against FOX)....?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Ya cause they have never been caught lying after 'vetting' their source.
And that is the same for all networks not just them.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They weren't worried about their rep and vetting when they put out the false story of Gray's surgery a few days before getting attacked by the police, why would they be now? It's not like they will ever have to reveal their source, so it could in fact be an intern and they know about it.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join