It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Okay...It is what it is. We'll all find out their veracity together, when the toxicology report is made public.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Exactly, all big networks have been caught lieing, selectively editing and remixing stuff. They are all jokes at this point IMO.

edit on Sat, 02 May 2015 13:41:46 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes we will, I am not trying to say we shouldn't trust it cause Fox, but just cause they said they vetted it doesn't make it immune to scrutiny.

I also don't think the official report is out yet to even be leaked.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

So your comment about why the prosecutor did this is not supported by any facts you know about.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Neutrality
a reply to: Xcathdra

You don't say? I never knew that /sarcasm off. Do you realize the force you would need to sustain the injuries he did? I'm guessing no. Do you realize the coroner ruled his death a homicide? I'm guessing that's also a no.

They also stated the cause of death is related to an injury sustained in the back of the van, specifically a bolt. Now, if the van is not moving fast enough to cause that injury then how did it happen?

Since we have rudimentary information to go on thus far, it could have just as easily been three cops throwing the victim headfirst into the front of the van that caused his broken neck.
Just to be clear, we don't cuff and shackle our kids, then throw them headfirst into a metal wall when we go on summer vacation.

He wasn't thrown into the van in any of the video I have seen.... As a matter of fact in the first video he is see standing on the back of the van and entering it on his own power.

The debate I was engaged in is ignoring the other possibilities.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Absolutely. Everything about this case needs to be scrutinized to the Nth. degree; part of what we're all doing here so very excellently.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

The first use of the word in English is pretty clear what it is and what it is referring to.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

He was present while the group he handed his key sto planned on stealing drugs from some guy and how they would beat him up.

Holle, who had given the police statements in which he seemed to admit knowing about the burglary,

If he knew absolutely nothing about what was going to occur then he would have been fine. The fact he knew and did nothing to stop it made his as liable as those who carried the crime out.

Please spend the time to reading about the incident before making a claim that was untrue.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Baltimore officers are issued a Glock 22, pepper spray, a Taser and a collapsible baton. Baltimore PD also brought back the espantoon, which was banned in 1994.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: VforVendettea
a reply to: IAMTAT

Slowly? This has been going on for over 150 years and they are only now that there are cameras realizing it is a problem?

It should have been dealt with over a century ago.

It was and over 500k people died in the process.

Compare stats today with the same stats from the 1950's/1960's/1970's.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Why do I hear people claiming he was on drugs? Last I heard, an official said it would take 30-45 days to get back the toxicology report. Did something drastically change since then, or is it another "unnamed source", like the one that spread the spinal surgery BS around?

Probably for the same reason you hear people stating the police are guilty without seeing all the evidence.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Did you follow the van?
We know at this point that they stopped 4 times. They lied about that until someone outed them.
How many times did they stop? We don't even know.
Did you see three videos?
edit on bu312015-05-02T14:02:06-05:0002America/ChicagoSat, 02 May 2015 14:02:06 -05002u15 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Baltimore PD also brought back the espantoon, which was banned in 1994.

It was banned by the new Police Chief at the time because he felt it was too aggressive..

Espatoon

In 1994, Thomas C. Frazier took over as Baltimore's police commissioner and banned the espantoon. Frazier, a Californian, believed that the device, and the policemen's twirling of it, was intimidating to the civilian populace. He attempted to replace it with another weapon, the koga. Many officers, however, felt that the koga was cumbersome, difficult to master, and even more dangerous than the espantoon.[2]

In 2000, Edward T. Norris assumed the office of police commissioner and lifted the ban on the espantoon, although he did not mandate its use. The move was made as part of a general effort to boost morale and instill a more aggressive approach to policing in Baltimore. Norris stated, "When I found out what they meant to the rank and file, I said, 'Bring them back.' ... It is a tremendous part of the history of this Police Department."[2]

And what is was replaced with was not liked by the officers because it was considered more dangerous.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Did you follow the van?
We know at this point that they stopped 4 times. They lied about that until someone outed them.

4 stops all on the gps from what I have seen. Of those stops 3 are on camera from video surveillance and showed nothing inappropriate. The 4th was to pick up another arrestee.

As I have stated before we don't have all the facts.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You seem to be ignoring other possibilities as well.

Post after post you have described a situation where Mr. Gray did this to him self.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Post after post you have described a situation where Mr. Gray did this to him self.

But that is possible, especially with a toxicology report that indicates he had drugs in his system. I'm not saying one or another, just suggesting the possibilities

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

No post after post I have pointed out another possibility, and I have stated as much and the reasons why. for some reason you ignored those posts and once again accuse me of something you cant support. I have stated time and again we don't have all the info and I have stated if they have the evidence then charge them.

In this case I don't believe they have enough evidence for what they are doing.
What I am saying is it says he suffered his life threatening injuries in the back of the van and died some days later.

What I am saying is their argument is based on circumstantial information only and with any circumstantial information all that is required is a second theory for the evidence presented and in this case it wont be hard to present alternative theories.

How is charging a person they cant prove definitively committed the crime justice? if they charge these people and they are found not guilty, and new evidence later on shows more definitive proof, try and explain double jeopardy to the family and community while explaining why they cant try them for the same crime twice. Explain how the failure of prosecution by jumping the gun served the publics interest now that they know a crime occurred and who is responsible for it and cant charge anyone over it because they already tried and failed.

Our legal system is designed to move painfully slow for a reason.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

That will be the line that the 6 officers defense will follow.

You know, one of the side effects of heroin, 3 crushed neck vertebrae and a crushed larynx.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: NavyDoc

That will be the line that the 6 officers defense will follow.

You know, one of the side effects of heroin, 3 crushed neck vertebrae and a crushed larynx.
I take it you've never dealt with a patient on drugs. I've seen them gouge their own eyes out. But let's not let ideology get in the way of facts.
edit on 2-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Did you follow the van?

4 stops all on the gps from what I have seen. Of those stops 3 are on camera from video surveillance and showed nothing inappropriate. The 4th was to pick up another arrestee.

As I have stated before we don't have all the facts.

So they released the video that the police copied from the mini mart owner? The one that only the cops have a copy of now?

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join