It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Outstanding. 'Bout friggin time.

No need to go all Fergie up in the house.

Murder is murder no matter who you are, what job you have, class, color or creed…

link   
a reply to: Neutrality

I am from the generation when it was not seat belts in cars and it was four of us sitting in the back of the car,

I remember one particular accident that happen it was three of us sitting in the back my mother was holding my baby brother (now 48) in her lap and while we didn't have any damages my baby brother hit the dashboard with his head.

We have come a long way since the no seat belt years, but back then cars were more roomier no like today that cars interiors seems to be more restricted.

I don't remember any hype back then of injuries related to accidents on cars with no seat belts. But then again it was not as many cars in the road as we have today and the speed limits were not as fast either.

The new generations of mothers and fathers had no clue what is to be without a seat belt in their cars so they can not compare, but I do, I lived during those years as a child and then a mother, by the time my second child was born the car seat law was enforced.

edit on 2-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

yea when i was a young kid the word thugs and goons, was used to describe hired men to rough up / kill people by crime leaders. such as gangs in new york, mafia , union busters and such.
as i became a young and older adult the word started being used by street gangs.

notice that the word is always related to crime.

edit on 2-5-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

yea when i was a young kid the word thugs and goons, was used to describe hired men to rough up / kill people by crime leaders. such as gangs in new york, mafia , union busters and such.
as i became a young and older adult the word started being used by street gangs.

notice that the word is always related to crime.

lol...Yeah, I remember the word 'Goons' too. I guess the old Spielberg movie 'Goonies' preempted street gangs from procuring that one.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Exactly the point, different time, different generation. There are more cars now. There are more possibilities for accidents. I'm in that generation of growing up and learning for yourself. Things have changed Marge. people are erratic on roads. Roadrage is a common thing. When I was a kid (only 20 years ago) we left our door unlocked. I grew up with no father, only a mother working 2 jobs, so I raised myself. My generation didn't wear seatbelts. Things were fine (my mom)driving without a seatbelt as a kid.

That time has changed, you CANNOT rely on your kid to be a safe driver anymore because too many "cool" influences otherwise. Unless you personally have a hand in that, which is difficult if you are a parent because you're focused on work.

To stay on topic. Freddy shouldn't have been chased for running from eye contact, that's what killed him

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before Baltimore police threaten to go on strike.

Baltimore Sergeant Warns Superiors: “It Is About To Get Ugly”

BALTIMORE – A Baltimore police sergeant informed his Eastern District superiors Friday afternoon that officers “are now being challenged on the street.” The sergeant sent the letter following the announcement that State’s Attorney Marilyn Mosby was indicting six officers on felony charges associated with the death of Freddie Gray, the 25-year-old who suffered a fatal spinal injury while in Baltimore police custody on April 12.

Sgt. Lennardo Bailey told the “Eastern Command Staff” [sic’d]:
“I have been to five calls today and three of those five calls for service; I have been challenged to a fight. Some of them I blew off but one of them almost got ugly. I don’t want anybody to say that I did not tell them what is going on.

This is no intel this is really what’s going on the street. This is my formal notification. It is about to get ugly.”

BuzzFeed News has also learned that the Baltimore Police Department’s chief of patrol sent out a text message to all commanders ordering officers to take added caution: “2 OFFICERS PER CAR.. DOUBLE UP ALL PATROL CARS,” the order read.

www.buzzfeed.com...

edit on 2-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 2-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

edit on 2-5-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Yes, he ran I still wondering what make him run, perhaps that he may have been under the influence and he went paranoid.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Yeppers..Racist are just trying to be clever..It' just like word Gay,back in the day used to mean Happy,now it's referred to homosexuals..
Words/symbols change over times..

edit on 2-5-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

I can only imagine, what the police is going thru now, the fight against the police is not over, I can only imagine that any type of confrontation will bring more resentment and protest.

It would not be unthinkable that they will unite and go on strike, kind of funny, to leave the streets without protection and seen how much petty crimes will raise.

Is been riots on other states, but the media is not covering them.

Is about to be more protest all over today and tomorrow.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I have had experience with #ty cops before, that didn't involve too much roughing up, mostly psychological torture. My first instinct when I see a cop is to get the hell away from them as fast as possible too.

edit on Sat, 02 May 2015 10:11:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That backfired on them last time they pulled the strike card lol.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I never had any bad deals with police, my best friend here in the south is a black African American ex cop, now a nurse and even she tells me how hard is to be a cop this days, after she served in the Army she became a cop and she didn't last long, she said, when a cop tells you to stop you better listen.

Also it is a lot of division within the force, more than people thinks.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Yes, he ran I still wondering what make him run, perhaps that he may have been under the influence and he went paranoid.

Maybe he ran because cops around that area sometimes violently arrest young black men for no reason and occasionally break their spines while in transport then lie about it.

That might be one reason....

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I honestly don't remember the last time they went on strike.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I read that the pathology report showed that he had some illegal drugs in his system, it was in this thread I think.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality
a reply to: WarminIndy

I would LOVE to do that myself to be honest. Lets be real though, outside youtube do you think I would get ANY play? Even if I did, do you not think I would be vilified by the MSM? Not to mention dealing with over-aggressive police that at anytime due to stature and position could ruin my reporting if they chose to do so? This is a bastion of freedom to call it like it is. Your one of them or one of us. Bush said it, but the boys in blue have lived it forever. Corruption breeds corruption, and until it's out COMPLETELY I will not trust the police, EVER. Even My best friend an AZ DPS. He can stick it where the sun don't shine for his lack of initiative and willingness to collect a check.

There is not "either you or them" in this country is it supposed to be WE THE PEOPLE. The preamble to the Constitution is this...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

How do you establish justice when the mentality becomes "us or them"? How do we insure domestic tranquility if the criminals flaunt the law and the law abuses their power?

WE THE PEOPLE need to fix this problem. Unless both sides recognize this, there will never be a change. We do not have domestic tranquility, and it isn't just on the police to shoulder that burden.

We the People, but the people have forgotten their rights and responsibilities.

This is the Preamble to the Constitution, which we call our prevailing document of law. Either you are the people as I am or neither of us are. Domestic tranquility begins on both sides.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A police "Strike" would fit nicely into the Obama "Federalizing" plans.

Obama: "I Can't Federalize Every Police Force In The Country And Force Them To Retrain"

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: mOjOm

I read that the pathology report showed that he had some illegal drugs in his system, it was in this thread I think.

What illegal drugs exactly??? There's a big difference between drugs and their effects. Krocodile isn't Pot if ya know what I mean.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
A police "Strike" would fit nicely into the Obama "Federalizing" plans.

Obama: "I Can't Federalize Every Police Force In The Country And Force Them To Retrain"

It would be illegal to do so under the Constitution. He knows that.

If he did federalize them, then we would have a Gestapo. A nationalized police force. We do not want that in our country.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

you expect the common policeman to go with that? They just collect checks for the most part, thy don't give a # on a national level.

Affect their pay, they will react, until then, same ol same ol

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join