It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Neutrality

You do realize that is not even remotely what the DA suggested in the probable cause affidavit don't you?
edit on 2-5-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I had a feeling the driver was going to be tried. It was his responsibility to make sure all passengers are safe. By nit making sure he was strapped in and secured thus guy is going to jail. Apparently had a wife and kids just sad all around.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I heard the DA's statement constantly re-iterating the fact he wasn't restrained according to BPD standards.(can't find a proper video/audio atm)
edit on 2-5-2015 by Neutrality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Also, that is exactly what the DA is suggesting, beyond the false arrest, the lack of care/concern of the safetyof a person in transport is almost what is DIRECTLY causing the charges. Read up on that.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neutrality

I heard the DA's statement constantly re-iterating the fact he wasn't restrained (can't find a proper video/audio atm)

I will summarize her statement for you.

After Freddy was put in the van after his capture. Lieutenant Rice ordered the van to stop on Baker Street.(first stop) At that point they re-cuffed Freddie and put the leg shackles on him. The police then placed him headfirst into the van on his stomach on the floor. Her statement said that upon leaving Baker Street is when Freddy received his neck injury. The second stop was the unscheduled stop on Mosley Street where Goodson got out of the van to check on Freddy. Now it's damn near impossible for the seatbelt to be put on when he is placed chest down headfirst into a police van.

I really can't fault you for not understanding the probable cause affidavit. Because I've been watching CNN most of the day and they don't even understand what headfirst into a van means. CNN seems to ignore the probable cause affidavit and focus on the police allegation that he hit his head on the rear door. My God I even watched a CNN reporter get in the van feet first to demonstrate the accident. ( That one really made the beer fizz out my nose)

Not to single out CNN I have seen the same news explanation on most of the channels from anchors and the talking head attorneys they hire. Here is the press conference where the DA read the probable cause affidavit. You can watch the whole thing if you like or start at the 2:50 Mark, where she echoes my summary.

At this point I am beginning to think only two people on earth understood the probable cause affidavit The other person being the DA herself.

Edit; I have been on a so called rough ride when I was younger. I have also discussed what happen on my ride with other people that said the same thing happened to them. In all circumstances that we talked about the police officer accelerated to put you back in your seat then slammed on the breaks to drive you forward into the partition between the front seat in the backseat. At that point in time newtons three laws of motion apply. The most critical one being " for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."

My opinion of what happens and by no means do I call this an undeniable fact it is merely the most probable explanation. Is that after the officer sped up Freddy moved backwards and when the officer slammed on the brakes another of newtons laws applied " an object in motion wants to remain in motion" meaning Freddy was thrown forward headfirst into the partition separating him from the front of the van. Hence the charge of second-degree murder with depraved heart. Depraved heart basically means a intentional act with complete indifference to life.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm shocked The Sate Attorney is pursuing this.The Policemen's Union are going nuts! So,it seems that this may actually go to court.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

You are forgetting the part where she emphasises he wasn't restrained. 2:46 "At no point was he secured by a seatbelt while in the wagon, contrary to a BPD General Order". 2:58 "At Baker St., Lt. Rice, Officer Nero, and Officer Miller removed Mr. Gray from the wagon, placed flex-cuffs on his wrists, placed leg shackles on his ankles, and complete...completed required paperwork. Officer Nero, Officer Miller, and Lt. Rice then loaded Mr. Gray back into the wagon, placing him on his stomach, head first, onto the floor of the wagon. Once again, Mr. Gray was not secured by a seatbelt in the wagon, contrary to a BPD General Order"

Did you not hear that part?
edit on 2-5-2015 by Neutrality because: xtra word

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is excellent news, finally one of the countless cases of police brutality has been properly highlighted and those responsible will have to face charges.
It almost feels unreal - maybe this will be the beginning of the end of widespread police brutality and corruption with impunity.

One can dream, right?
edit on 2-5-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Unless they are acquitted, then knowing Baltimore we will have another 92' LA riots like when the Rodney King cops got off. If the cops aren't found guilty Baltimore will burn as bad as these

Just my prediction though.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Yeah I mention that when I said it's impossible to put a seatbelt on him when he is placed stomach down on the floor and headfirst into the van. I figured you would understand the implications of that statement.

Did you read the edit I added?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously
I'm shocked The Sate Attorney is pursuing this.The Policemen's Union are going nuts! So,it seems that this may actually go to court.

At what cost? Somehow, I don't think those details will ever become common knowledge.

Pretty sure you can write Baltimore off (probably the whole state) for the next two years. The cops sure aren't going to save it.

Me? If I ever see the East Coast again, it'll be too damn soon. LOL

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Didn't read the edit, went to store, came home and responded. That alone is enough to charge each and every officer with endangerment at minimum if no injuries were incurred. Since he died? The seatbelt becomes EXTREMELY relevant.

You can't just throw a prisoner in a van and take 'em away, despite what tv and movies show you. Prisoner safety is SUPPOSED to always be a priority, especially AFTER they are subdued and in custody. These cops are in big trouble unless the DA goes soft.

ETA- I hope someone informs the jury of this right Jury rights

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Again, the back seat of a police van is not standard interior covered in soft plush fabric.

So, again, when you seat belt a person in, explain how their head wont come anywhere near a heard surface they can slam it against. Even seat belted in they retain movement of their head.

Baltimore police to ditch lockup vans

BALTIMORE - Citing efficiency and safety, the Baltimore Police Department is making yet another visible change in its patrol division by eventually decreasing the use of prisoner transport vans.

The cage equipped vans, or wagons as they are commonly referred, are used to transport suspects from the scene of a crime or an arrest. Often Baltimore Police would process and handcuff suspects before calling and waiting on a transport vehicle.

The cages will be installed in the squad cars so that the driver’s seat may be maneuvered for comfort, a simple feature some officers said was not available in all previous iterations of Baltimore Police cars.

Even individual cages in back of patrol vehicles are not padded and a prisoner can still slam his head into metal / hard plastic, depending on cage chosen.

Here is a still shot.. Please point out anything that would prevent a prisoner from being able to slam there head into the metal interior.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

BPD adopted a policy requiring the use of seatbelts for prisoners in April of 2015, before this incident (about a week / 2 weeks actually).

For decades prior it was not a requirement.

edit on 2-5-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Maryland law, according to the talking heads, has no intent requirement for 2nd murder.

Secondly, I would want to see the gps readout on how fast the van was going to support the theory of him being slammed into the wall by the driver slamming on his breaks.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mike dangerously

THAT would be because, for a change, the prosecutor is more afraid for her job from her electorate than from the cops and the union.

This is how it should be.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

yes considering the numbers of prosecutors who have lost there job for prosecuting police..

got any stats?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's what i like to see Police being held accountable for there actions!

Hopefully the punishment will fit the crime.

edit on 2-5-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Maryland law, according to the talking heads, has no intent requirement for 2nd murder.

Correct I made that statement and proved it early on in this thread.

Secondly, I would want to see the gps readout on how fast the van was going to support the theory of him being slammed into the wall by the driver slamming on his breaks.

Besides the point that the GPS can probably not prove the speed over short distances. The mitigating factor is the slamming on the brakes. He was cuffed, shackled then placed stomach down on the metal floor of the van. All the officer would've needed to do was punch the gas for a very short distance then slam on the brakes.

I also stated earlier that if my theory is correct the broken neck and crushed larynx Will be the result of a compression fracture.

I saw you toying with the other guy earlier you wouldn't by chance be trying that on me now would you ?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Bedlam

yes considering the numbers of prosecutors who have lost there job for prosecuting police..

got any stats?

How could you know? However, the recent unpleasantness with Russell and Willams serves as an example.

The prosecutors depend on the cops for their testimony. When they maliciously refuse to give it, then the prosecutor isn't very successful.

The fact that you see so many nol pros's on cops ought to tell you something. You know deep in your heart I'm right. If a prosecutor goes after cops then they're not going to get any cooperation FROM cops.

Like IA, it's got an inherent conflict of interest. The only way to not have that is to design a system of checks and balances on LEOs that doesn't have any. As of now, we're 100% short of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join