It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freddie Gray's Death Ruled a Homicide; 6 Officers Charged!

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Even if Freddie Gray had pure heroin in his veins instead of blood, would that kill or injure a police officer? Nope.
The police killed him.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

Hell there is a Guy.. in Jail for 20 years to Life Just for handing His Car Keys to His Roomate! when he was Drunk he wasn't there at the Scene of the Crime a Robbery Rape Drug Related Murder.. and did not know what was going on !!.. He just Hand the keys to his Buddy thinking it was a Beer Run ...

if this is the case i think your talking about your wrong now, and you were wrong in the thread about that case.
he admitted to knowing what they were gonna do and gave them bandannas to cover to cover the tag and their faces during the crime.

here is the thread.
How Lending A Friend Your Car, Then Going to Bed Can Land You a Life Prison Sentence

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The driver of the van he's the one most at fault. His job wss to safely transport the passengers he failed. Meaning that he could get negligent homicide. In this case I doubt he would actually get jail time if he did it would be minimal.

Negligence would be something like, he took his eyes off the road for a second to sip hot coffee that spilled and caused him to have an accident that took someone's life.

Depraved indifference to life is allowing an unsecured passenger to ride, hog tied, face down and head first, calling out for medical help, to be driven around for a "nickle ride", that resulted in death. He willfully acted with a depraved heart, disregarding human life.

edit on 2-5-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Why do I hear people claiming he was on drugs? Last I heard, an official said it would take 30-45 days to get back the toxicology report. Did something drastically change since then, or is it another "unnamed source", like the one that spread the spinal surgery BS around?
edit on Sat, 02 May 2015 11:18:57 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

It's BS. We sourced that one. It came from Fox News Speculation picked up and ran with by bloggers and bad media trying to set a narrative.

Not very fair and balanced IMO.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Ah....Fox News, the people who brought the "Rights of the Fourth Estate to Lie to the American People", care of the Supreme Court!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
A lot of "leaked" BS on this one. I kinda assume it is here, but the last one that leaked claiming the other prisoner heard a bunch of banging, and said he was trying to injure himself was also BS.

When I got in the van, I didn't hear nothing. It was a smooth ride. We went straight to the police station. All I heard was a little banging for about four seconds. I just heard little banging, just little banging.

Asked whether he told police whether he heard Gray banging his head against the van, Allen said, "I told homicide that. I don't work for the police. I did not tell the police nothing."

Better to assume all this anonymous leaked stuff is BS from now on, until proven otherwise. So many cops leaking bad info, why would they do that?

Or so many MSM leaking bad info they made up, claiming a cop gave them the info.
edit on Sat, 02 May 2015 11:29:17 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But it can explain why he ran, paranoia could explain the running.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The dark ages are coming back. The man who's rights were violated is dead. He's not a productive member of society with 22 drug related charges. The police see him as this. They see this daily to the point where they lose a little bit of their soul. It's only a matter of time before one side or the other gets 100% of the truth on their side. That one sided truth is going to be the fuse on this problem.

Maybe I'm just making a bad situation worse by my line of thinking. Maybe the police will be held accountable. I'll be waiting for the rioters to be held accountable for their actions after. I'll be waiting for criminals to be held accountable after that. I'll be waiting for the Democrats to be held accountable for their policies. The list goes on and on but nothing really changes because it seems no one really wants it to change.

I knew the world wasn't fair from an early age. I can only control what I do personally. I won't be part of the problem. I hope they work things out for the good of society and this nation as a whole. We don't need a federalized police force or a lawless land ran by the corrupt and criminals ruling the streets. If 67 years under Democrat rule is producing this result, you need to reassess your vote. You can't throw money at it for two reasons. One, we're broke. Two, entitled people expect more and it's never enough.

At face value, this story seems just. I'll hold my opinion until I see the verdict.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: IAMTAT

Now it's a dog whistle for the N word.

Worth repeating

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

True.
I just don't want anyone using heroin in his bloodstream as an excuse to murder him. They are already using his rap sheet that way.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

People have been killed by being given "nickle rides" I think in Baltimore even so there are no illusions on the possible outcome here..it was a very willfull attempt to injure and cause pain.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Slowly? This has been going on for over 150 years and they are only now that there are cameras realizing it is a problem?

It should have been dealt with over a century ago.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
So many cops leaking bad info, why would they do that?

Or so many MSM leaking bad info they made up, claiming a cop gave them the info.

Yeah. Gee I can't possibly think of any reason they would do that??

Fair and Balanced my @$$!!

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

If it can be shown he intentionally causes him to hit a wall while by speeding up or braking then it is more the negligence. And how many times can it be negligence?
Did they ever strap him in like policy calls for?
Sute the first time they might have forgot but what about the second and third?

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yeah, but so does a history of Police Abuse. After all, if I was a black kid in the ghetto with a record I'd be a little paranoid too, wouldn't you??? For good damn reason too.

I mean how many of these cases does anyone have to look in to until you realize that Cops are often extremely abusive toward minority, lower class people because they usually always get away with it???

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

The driver of the van he's the one most at fault. His job wss to safely transport the passengers he failed. Meaning that he could get negligent homicide. In this case I doubt he would actually get jail time if he did it would be minimal.

Negligence would be something like, he took his eyes off the road for a second to sip hot coffee that spilled and caused him to have an accident that took someone's life.

Depraved indifference to life is allowing an unsecured passenger to ride, hog tied, face down and head first, calling out for medical help, to be driven around for a "nickle ride", that resulted in death. He willfully acted with a depraved heart, disregarding human life.

He doesn't have to care in the least about him. Obviously didn't bit he is required to do his job which he didn't do. A man died because of it and therefore he's responsible that I'd the definition negligent homicide. In the performance of a job if someone neglects to do something that causes death. Biggest problem for prosecutors to go for anything else they will have to prove he knew his actions would cause death. I don't believe he did his defence lawyer will simply state plenty of people arrested claim to be injured.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well let be realistic, the way he was handle during the arrest in the sidewalk, probably was what started the injury, see how is going to be played? then the drive finished him, but if he had anything in his body before the arrest will help better on determining why he ran, it will take away that he may have been hiding something from the police, I believe that in the Rodney king case that was used.

22 counts against the police officers, even a season black American ex district attorney said that while he agrees that all the counts were within the legal stand, no all of them will stick.

The family will get their court settlement against the city first, Maximus 200 thousand dollars as it stands today, personally I don't think is enough, even when we know we should never put a price on life.

I hope we don't forget about all this in a few months even weeks, because a lot of things could happen.

I know that this topic brings a lot of passionate feelings because of Social Injustice, but this discussions now in a fair balance will explain later on the why and not of how the whole process will play

edit on 2-5-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This may become the biggest police CYA effort yet. I give it a pretty good chance of working based on history.

posted on May, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah, but so does a history of Police Abuse. After all, if I was a black kid in the ghetto with a record I'd be a little paranoid too, wouldn't you??? For good damn reason too.

I mean how many of these cases does anyone have to look in to until you realize that Cops are often extremely abusive toward minority, lower class people because they usually always get away with it???

I actually agree with you. Except is it because they get away with it or is it simply they end up stereo typing. Creating a bias like for example see a guy in a suit and one with his pants around his knees. Which one would you suspect of having drugs. Which one would you accuse of say banking fraud. Location also is taken into acount. for example have a white guy in a suit visit the ghetto gurantee he's stopped by the police. If you live in a bad neighborhood your likely hood of running into police increase greatly.

I guess what I'm saying is nothing is black and white their is lots of factors involved.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join