It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
They had a long day and Night Star was pleased that the butterflies were teaching her their language. How amazing! She was so excited. Pesky rolled her eyes. "I've always known how to speak to butterflies. If one is brought up properly, they are taught at a very young age. It's helpful to them that you can warn them when a spider or bird comes along and tries to grab them. And they know things. They travel and hear and see what's going on everywhere. And...they talk to flowers who also know things." Night was surprised that Pesky knew so much.

Up ahead was an Inn called The Enchanted Hollow. It would be nice to stay a while, have decent meals, their clothes washed and their bodies bathed with scented soaps and oils. As they approached, Night felt a little tug at her belt. When she looked down, there was her pouch and magical gems. "What the...????" Pesky landed on her shoulder. "What? What did I miss? What happened?" The elf looked to her left and then the right, but saw no one there. Hugo stopped quickly and asked what was wrong. "My pouch and the gems! Look!" She pointed to the velvet pouch that held her gems and crystals. Wolf paced back and forth and sniffed the air for signs of someone's presence. They were all stunned.

Hugo sat and stretched his rainbow wings wide, then held them close to his side. "Let's get to the Inn, we'll discuss this over a hot meal." They all agreed and entered the Enchanted Hollow. A few burly men were drinking and laughing in one corner. A small group of dwarfs were arguing over the architectural design of a cave they had been working on. At another table sat a group of men and women all engaged in deep conversation of their own.

They approached a sturdy wooden table in a corner opposite the burly men. A rather robust and cheerful woman soon came to take their orders and inquired as to if they would be needing rooms. Patiently they waited for their meals of roast beef and vegetables, warm herbal bread, cheese and drinks they never heard of but they ordered at the recommendation of the Inn keeper's wife who was serving them. Once their bellies were full and their minds at ease with the alcoholic beverage, they decided to bathe and get some sleep. They hadn't yet discussed the mysterious re-appearance of the gems. That would have to wait until morning. There was nothing they could do about it anyway.

The rooms were spacious and beautifully decorated with paintings, velvet drapes and arched stained glass windows. The beds had canopies, embroidered pillows and thick comforters with a floral design. The hardwood floors were covered with plush rugs in beautiful colors and designs. The bed side table had a large vase of fresh cut flowers whose fragrant scent filled the air and candles in silver holders. After Night Star disrobed, she soaked a while in the warm inviting scented water, dried off with a big fluffy towel and lied down to sleep. Wolf lie at the side of the bed on one of the plush rugs and was content. Hugo also chose a rug to sleep on. Pesky settled into one of the big, soft flowers and all was well.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Good Morning/afternoon my friends!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
mistake sorry
edit on 8-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That is Beautiful!! Can you size it to fit into my signature instead of my avatar?

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Good morning everyone!!!

Night - I love the story addition!!

Gimme - Work on any good videos to share???

OK guys I hope this is ok.....guess I should have mentioned here first. Sorry. I am having a new signature made. (See above) With a link back to The Shed. OpinionatedB made a BEAUTIFUL one sized as an avatar if someone would like to grab that one.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ohhh I am sorry... lol.. I guess I misunderstood your entire request.. lol..

I understand now what you were asking.. give me a few and I will make you the signature you wanted.. lol.. its morning!
edit on 8-5-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

No worries. The avatar turned out beautiful and someone here may just snatch it up too. Thank you so very much!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
So guys....what do you think of my new "Outfit"? I think it is Beautiful!! Again hope everyone is OK that I asked. Anyone who would like to add it is welcome!!!

Here is the code to enter into the signature code:

[...........url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1063890/pg1][...........................img]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hb554c acd1.png[/img][/url]

I entered all of the dots before "url" and before "img" hoping to keep the code from "working" so that you can copy & paste...just remove all the dots and it should work.

Thanks so much to OpinionatedB for working on this!!!! It is beautiful!!!
edit on 5/8/1515 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

We have survived another work week! Woohoo! Just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a great weekend! I will stop by to check on everyone but you might not see a post.

I'm going tonight to get my 78 Trans-Am out of storage for the summer. Heck yeah, it's cruzing time!!!

Here is a pic of my Trans-Am in an avatar that BFFT made me. I don't have any other pics at work.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Gimme - Work on any good videos to share???

You can say that......

All I did was re-edit some videos from earlier and re-posted them.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi guys. I'm popping in here to let you know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!!

I've been extremely busy and haven't been able to read/post much at all. I'm trying to get through all the contest entries, and I need to catch up on the story lines here too!!

Yikes!!!!! My brain hurts. I did get a graphics job for one if my husband's clients (a CD jacket)!!! That has taken up a ton of time due to some learning curve issues as well as a couple tricky requests from the client. Wish I could post it, but unfortunately that wouldn't be cool with my husband or the client.

Anyway, wishing all of you very well!!! (Sees everyone off in the distance, so far ahead, and waves)

AB
edit on 8-5-2015 by AboveBoard because: Fumble fingers

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Oh the signature thingy for our story came out beautifully!

Martin, nice car! Have a wonderful weekend Honey!

Hiya gimme!!

Watered my garden and everything looks great out there. Hoping to have some pics for you all soon. I accidentally broke a flower, so I took that and clipped a branch off the bleeding heart bush we have and another flowering bush and flower and made a little vase for my Mom.

Herbs are doing good too and I haven't killed anything yet. LOL I have some kind of tarragon, rosemary, chocolate mint, spearmint and peppermint, lavender and lemon thyme. Indoors I'm trying to grow some herbs from seeds. So far the basil is doing the best. Also trying a few flower varieties from seeds. Things are starting to sprout and one kind looks really good with strong stems so far. Beautiful sunny and warm day!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hey Night Star!

Good to hear your garden is growing! I've got mint, lavender, basil, rosemary and oregano. Hopefully in the near future I'll have more. I'm glad I haven't killed anything yet either, though I think my hydrangeas had a near-death experience...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Okay - so our family has a cold running through it (just got it last night - ugh!) and my son and I came up with a word yesterday that describes the trauma of our experience...

"SNOTPOCALYPSE!"

Beware.

- AB

ps - he's 10, so...we went there.

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

OMG, Hahahaha! You may be sick with a cold, but you haven't lost your sense of humor! SNOTPOCALYPSE Hahahaha! I do hope you and the family get well soon!

Oh my, your hydrangea had a near death experience?

Take care of yourself Sweetie and get your butt writing in the story!

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yeah - the poor hydrangeas, they said they saw the tunnel of light, but then a golden rose bush said they had to come back...

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Yeah - the poor hydrangeas, they said they saw the tunnel of light, but then a golden rose bush said they had to come back...

Hahahahaha!

One of my Mother's rhododendron bushes looks pretty sickly this year and it's huge like a tree. We might have a lot less blooms on it this year. We had such a horrible and rough Winter. So I guess that thing had a near death experience too. LOL

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
She had been deep in slumber when Wolf alerted her of danger with his whining. Hugo was searching the room for the source of the whispery voice that made itself known once again. Pesky was snoring and dreaming pixie dreams, oblivious to anything going on around her. As hard as they tried, they could not make out what was being said. Outside, a storm was raging and lightening flashed across the darkened sky as thunder rumbled in the distance. The rain pelted the stained glass windows incessantly. It set an eerie background for the already fearful friends. But as quickly as the voice had made itself known, it stopped as though nothing had ever happened.

Unable to sleep for some time, Night Star wrapped herself in the bed sheet, got up and lit candles. She and Hugo wondered if it was perhaps a ghost or some sort of entity from another dimension. "Why would a ghost or some kind of entity be following us and why is it having such a hard time trying to communicate?" Asked Night. Hugo sat in wonderment himself. "It obviously wants our attention and so far it seems to be benevolent. Wizards and peace keepers of the light always visit this Inn, perhaps in the morning we can see if any can be found. They would know more about these things as I myself have never encountered such strangeness as this." Reluctantly, Night headed back to bed, but tossed and turned, unable to sleep for some time. Thoughts flooded her mind and she couldn't stop them from flowing. Finally, after many hours she was able to calm herself and find the peace she needed to get her rest. Hugo curled up, took long even breaths and he too finally fell asleep, keeping more serious matters in the back of his mind for another day.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Hi there ya troublemaker!! I take it you are doing well? It's been quite silent around here the past few days or so.

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Hi there gimme! I am well. Been busy gardening outside and sprouting and re-rooting plants inside. Tomorrow I am making a pork roast dinner for my Mom with potatoes and other veggies and rolls and desert. My sort of husband/not husband is coming and my brother Jim. Later other family members will come by to visit her.

Hope you are well Sweetie!

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join