It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 3

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

This is a continuation of The Shed 2 which can be found here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Shed is a magical place where we share in collaborative story telling and also a place to share our daily lives with.
Anyone can join in at any time or just sit back and enjoy our daily banter and adventures. Amazing and lasting friendships have been made through This awesome realm of dragons and elves, of a White wolf and a Wolf Lord, of faeries and pixies and all magical and wondrous beings and creatures great and small...of real life, it's ups and downs and everything in between.

The Shed is no ordinary Shed but a place of mystery and wonder. Here, not everything is as it seems to be.
We have endless halls and chambers set up to anyway you can imagine them to be.

Welcome one and all to a place of imagery and eloquence, of friendship and joy, a place some of us call... 'home'.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Lonely wonder here ....

I have heard of such a place along the path ...

How may I join ?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

You just did. You entered the chit chat part. LOL As for the story, it is always taking different shapes and we are always off on new adventures. One of our regular posters shall be along soon enough to post a story entry. Just pop in with a character or creature and we will work our own beings and creatures around them. What we do is make a post in a different color font for the stories so it is easy for those wanting to read just the story entries without interruption of our daily chit chat. You will find some entries towards the end of our last thread. I posted a link above somewhere.

Glad to have you!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
How cool night star! Cool imagery as well ..

I thought a pretty cool exercise we can individually share here. Might not be the brightest thing in the shed.. but

Fantastic imagination visualizations!

As individuals of mind, body, spirit.. we have the tools to create amazing things within our minds, CREATION WITHIN OURSELVES!

We can share such visualizations, others can try the same visual experience (mental creations>projections) and see if they enjoy it too.

Everyone is unique and a different blemish of the human spectrum; which makes this exercise even more powerful and enjoyable.

"Seeing" into someone else's creation, and living it within yhe mind; the feelings, the visuals, the landscapes, the characters, thoughts, movements, and any creation our unlimited minds can create to manifest!

If we had others to take part in such an exercise, I would go full throttle and share my creations/experiences

I like this thread and concept, thanks for sharing, I'll be back

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So that new people will know, I play an elf called Night Star and have a dragon called Storm and a white wolf simply named Wolf. We have a poster who plays A wolf Lord and is usually lurking about and picking things up telepathically. A wise and wonderful creature. We also have a poster who plays a shape shifting man/dragon which is always fascinating and fun and his partner CC who is a polar bear. LOL Interesting characters to be sure. We throw in all kinds of things like the Pesky pixie, cat beings and what-not. You never know who or what will appear. In here anything goes. Even our trees are sentient.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Wow! You have me all excited here! I can hardly wait to see what you come up with. I have a feeling you will have much to share! Thanks so much for joining!

Well there you go people, two new members already! Woo Hoo!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If I ever joined in, I'd never be able to stop myself and get out.

Maybe in the future I'll write a chapter, and kill my character off before I become too engrossed.

edit on 14-4-2015 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Great Dragons and their Riders had not materialized with the island when it shifted. Shadow assumed that they had stayed on the other world. The Pre-eminate Queen had left almost immediately.

A huge feast was in progress as everyone celebrated their escape from the alien fleet. Shadow, Wolf Lord, walked to the raised stage and growled loudly to get everyone's attention.

He sent his mind out with Power so everyone in the Shed and everyone not in the building would hear his telepathic sending, "Welcome to our new home! I have been given some information on this planet and it is prudent at this stage to tell you a little about it.

"This planet is named Accasia after the race of beings that once inhabited it. Eons ago, they were destroyed in a planet wide war between the dark blue spotted Accasions and the slightly lighter striped Accasions. The reasons for the conflict are not recorded.

"They were a space fairing race and yet their war was confined to the planets surface. Some type of religious conviction made it impossible for them to wage war in space. It is all a bit strange. They used weapons of mass destruction of all types. It is suggested that you explore in groups, some of the weapons were biological, causing changes to the very building blocks of nature so be warned. There may be a few monsters out there.

"There are many cities, now empty, to explore and many underground bunkers both small and large. Some animal life survived and great herds now roam extensive grass lands. We are well protected on our Island. The closest landmass is to the West. I would suggest that we ask our population of Dragons to survey the mainland prior to anyone else exploring.

"There may be a few ships at anchor and the possibility exists for a few Star Ships that may still be parked here and there. The Accasions were an advanced Species so be a little careful before you start pushing buttons anywhere. I for one would not want to accidentally fire any weapon systems left over from the conflict.

"The Keeper has asked that we keep records of what we find and perhaps even find the reason for the war that wiped these people out. Of course the war was a long time ago and time has removed any danger from the effects of their weapons.

"Enjoy your new home!"

With that task completed, the Wolf Lord took his usual place by the fire and decided he should eat, drink and be merry. After eating two legs of a herd beast he was feeling quite mellow. A huge bowl of mead later he was feeling a little playful. A good end to an amazing day.

edit on 14/4/2015 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAZ21

LOL! Well I hope you don't have to kill your character off!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Haha, yea but I might need to.

I've got the tendency to want to be an antagonist anyway, so my character would probably lurk on the outskirts, cunningly planning the usurpation of the kingdom...

How would that go down? What if an ATS character was a baddie?

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I told you we had a telepathic Wolf Lord! He sure found us rather quickly didn't he? I knew he would. And I bet our shape shifter Man/Dragon comes in soon too.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Ah, we have met with such challenges before. Bring it on Sir! Bring it on!

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To all writers, please color your text when adding to the story. We have settled on Teal as the color. I makes it easy to locate the story line between all of the chit chat.

Thank you!

P

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Ok, well I've got a lot on at the minute, but I'll let that thought fester for a while...

You know what they say, 'good things come to those who wait.'

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

We shall wait with great anticipation.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Night Star was usually too curious for her own good and after some of the cat being's alcoholic concoctions, she was bold and brave and just itching to gather a group and go out exploring. The Pesky Pixie quickly flew over and landed on Night's shoulder. "There is a huge cave I discovered with some of the faeries, but it has a door and we couldn't figure out how to get in." The elf's eyes widened. "Are you insane? You already went off and with beings as small as yourself? What the hell were you thinking? And...what else is out there?" She was angry yet curious at the same time.

The weather here in this new realm was warm and inviting and Night Star quickly shed her velvet cloak. "I'll take Wolf and Storm and you can show us where this mysterious cave is. I doubt anyone or anything would mess with a dragon so we should be safe." Out the door they went and travelled through a forest of tall purple flowering trees. There was a cacophony of bird and animal sounds that were unfamiliar yet beautiful and interesting to them. Behind the thick brush lurked a huge black wild cat with wide, rainbow colored feathers. He pounced forth and then sat in front of them.
"If you were wise, you would turn away from this path." He spoke with a firm yet gentle voice.
Night Star was amazed at its gracefulness and beauty. "And why is that?" The winged wildcat cocked his head to the side.
"You are not of this world or I would have known long ago. How is it that you have come to be here? I know there are a great many of you. Are you seeking refuge?"

The elven maiden rolled her eyes. "It's kind of a long story. Do you have a name Sir?"
"Hugo." He answered. Night Star burst out laughing. "Surely you jest. A magnificent beast such as yourself wouldn't have such a silly name." Hugo wasn't pleased with her response and growled in warning. She puffed her cheeks out trying not laugh. "My apologies Sir. There is so much we need to know about this realm and all that reside here." Hugo spread his wings and took to the air , shouting "Turn from this path now!"

edit on 14-4-2015 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Gordi was awakened by a curious, but familiar "clanking" sound. Metal against metal, but softened somewhat as it brushed against warm flesh...
It was SPORKY the dragon, with his grand coat of shining silverware.

"SPORKY!! How are you doing big guy??? Whaaat, what has happened? Where are we?? I remember a great battle, and something about a dark cave... and then..."

But Gordi never got the chance to finish off his sentence, because SPORKY! had bounded across the room and was snuffling and nuzzling the face of his old pal, greeting him like a long-lost relative, newly reunited.
Gordi just flung his arms around SPORKY's great neck and squeezed tightly.

"Great to see ya pal! Now let's find out whit's been going on, and where "on earth" we've ended up..."

The Shed looked different than how he remembered it before... things were familiar, but out of place somehow?
He instinctively wandered into the kitchen and found the pot of hot coffee, and a place by the fire, then sat down to think...

Had he been injured in the previous battle?
Had he lost time? Slipped into a parallel universe???
The air seemed warmer, drier than before, and the light streaming through the windows was... softer?
There was a strange scent in the air, like a mix of jasmine and lavender?
What had happened?
Where was everyone?
Why was the shed so... different?
He decided that he'd finish his coffee, gather his thoughts and then go see who else was around who might be able to fill in all the gaps.

This was going to be a VERY interesting day!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Afternoon everyone!

Just nipping in to drop off the essentials:

Bed roll, toiletries, bass guitar, amp, stereo... Sorted!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Abby AboveBoard (AB = Abby) didn't know what was happening...colors swirled around her, shot through with lightening - this was no ordinary Spirit Walk! She had been caught in something huge and spinning and magical where time and space warped around her. It was not of her making but was the Work of some great and ancient being. As she tumbled and fell, she thought she felt others there with her, and looming winged shapes - massive minds - behind the churning tunnel. It felt like she hung there, suspended and falling at the same time, for an eternity.

Her mind could not process it fully and her vision turned grey, she slipped into unconsciousness, all the while hearing a small voice inside tell her just how dangerous that was, to be unconscious...who knows where you will land?

When she awoke she was...not anywhere she had ever been. She was fully, physically here, which was also odd, considering she had started out on a Spirit Walk. She was in some sort of broken shell made out of something like thick plastic or concrete - a shattered high-tech device now trailing with vines and cables that had nearly rusted through. Trees poked through with leaves of dark teal green in waving fronds full of luscious white flowers that smelled familiar - like jasmine with a bit of vanilla and clove thrown in for spice.

Bird calls made a three-dimensional wall of sound around her, and animals shifted through the dense foliage. She sat up, confused and disoriented. She was alone, it seemed.

Suddenly a jewel bright salamander the size of her forearm skittered across the sterile white of the broken tech, nearly running over her boot. She jumped back a little and it stopped, blinking at her.

"What are you" it said in a thin, reedy voice.

"Um..." was her brilliant answer.

"An "Um"?" it said, curiously. "I've never heard of such a creature. Or is that your proper name?"

"No...no..." Abby said, shaking her head, "My species is human, and my proper name is Abby. 'Um' is something I say when I don't quite know what to say. I've never met a talking salamander before."

"Sal-a-man-dar? Well you still haven't met one!" It sat up on its hind legs and coiled its long tail around them, snake-like. "I," it said proudly, "am a Whistenbolle, a shape-shifter, and my proper name is..." the little lizard being seemed to suddenly stretch into a cloud of iridescent rainbow hues, purples and teals and golds stretched and grew in a swirling frenzy. The cloud of shimmering light brushed over her hand, and she felt it tingle strangely before pulling it back. The cloud expanded, then suddenly retracted into a new, solid form. "Drego."

She was startled to see a human shape next to her, but seemingly male. "How...how..." she said helplessly, looking at his shimmering skin of teal, and lime green, gold and purple. Dark green hair sprouted from his head in waves and a face that looked somewhat like it could be familial stared back at her. His eyes were almost frighteningly green, with a tinge of gold - most certainly not human, and they held a bit of wildness, a bit of fey mischief.

"I touched your skin and captured the basics of the form you wear. I chose to use the male form of your species, as that is what I am in my own."

"Holy moley," Abby said, then blushed because it sounded so stupid.

"Holey moley? What does that..."

"Never mind!" she said quickly, her cheeks on fire. "So, where am I? I have no idea." She felt incredibly vulnerable and tried to keep the tremor of fear out of her voice, but failed. She saw a look of surprise come into those incredibly green eyes.

"You are on the planet Accasia, once ruled by the Accasions, who made a royal mess of everything, blew themselves up in a spectacular ball of fire, and opened the Gates to my world. Now that this place is inhabitable again, and has been for a very long time, many of our people come and go, using both worlds." He stopped for a moment and considered her. "It can be both a beautiful and a dangerous place. You were lucky to meet me!" Then he stood.

"Ah!" she said, covering her eyes.

"What?" he said, jumping back in startlement. She whipped off her long lime green scarf and held it out to him, and between them, like a shield.

"Um." she said into her arm. There was an awkward pause. Then he began to laugh at her, realizing what she meant. She felt him take the scarf, and then waited.

He was still laughing when he said "Is this better?" She peeked. Somehow he had turned her scarf into a beautiful lime green shirt and pixie-like kilt. She relaxed and smiled at her own prudishness.

"Much better. The color suits you!" He bowed.

"I like you," he said, as if just coming to the conclusion, "I will be your guide and get you someplace safe. But before that, I must complete my mission."

"Oh? What mission is that?"

"The strange disturbance that brought you was the Opening of a Gate from another world to this one. We were wondering if we were being invaded, or who might be visiting our fair world. If you accompany me on this, I will help you."

Abby looked up at him, and figured that a guide was exactly what she needed. He had offered help, and she would be a fool not to accept it. "Of course," she said, hauling herself to her feet. "I would most appreciate having a guide like yourself, as without you I fear I would be eaten by tomorrow morning." She said it with a smile, attempting a joke.

He did not laugh, and only nodded his head, which sent a shiver up her spine. "Follow me. I will go slowly so you can keep up."

He took off rapidly, and Abby scrambled to follow. "This is slow?" she grumbled to herself, locking her eyes on what had been her green scarf and moving as fast as her feet would carry her through the densely packed forest...

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Gordi!!!!!!!! I am so pleased to see an entry in the story by you. I had forgotten about Sporky! How could I have forgotten that???? LOL So happy to see you!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join