It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

fair enough!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

True. You changed from using the word omniscience to saying, "I think therefore I AM", in another thread. In this thread you're still using the word omniscience.

originally posted by: undo
but they can't know that, so are claiming omniscience, making them the only god since they claim there are no gods. it's an unspoken end result.

agnostics are not the same thing as atheists. atheists claim they know there's no god, which means they are claiming they have omniscience. an agnostic is an entirely different thing. they don't make the claim to omniscience. personally, i think everyone is a god (jesus mentions that even when he says, "did i not say, 'ye are gods'"? ). we just aren't omniscient gods. that has been hidden for some reason, for a very long time. it's kinda spooky how much effort has been put into hiding that.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

it's not that i actually think atheists are omniscient and i know atheists don't think they're omniscient. i was just stating that claiming you know god(s) don't exist, is not possible to know unless you attach the proviso of omniscience, THEN you can claim you know god(s) don't exist because only an omniscient being could prove that (i mean given the references to god(s) being other dimensional beings who can manifest in our dimension, and given that you are not other dimensional (Well, technically you are other dimensional but only part of you is currently other dimensional and you don't believe that part of you exists. or, we can take the ancient aliens route and suggest the references are to beings from other planets or galaxies, and since you currently can't prove they don't exist, you will still have the proviso of omniscience in order to know that. the only only ONLY thing that changes that, is personal experience, where you have either a spiritual/other dimensional experience or an alien encounter, in which case you would know, but only for yourself.)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

it's not that i actually think atheists are omniscient and i know atheists don't think they're omniscient. i was just stating that claiming you know god(s) don't exist, is not possible to know unless you attach the proviso of omniscience,

Atheist does NOT state or mean God does not exist.

That might be the personal philosophy of an individual who lacks belief in a God - - - but it is NOT what atheist means.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

what does it mean then? if you give the agnostic definition i'm gonna go bang my head on the wall. lol

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I think I understand where some of your confusion is coming from.

Agnostics say they don't know. They claim neither to believe, or disbelieve in God or gods. Atheists make the claim that they don't. Some atheists are categorized as agnostic atheists because while they don't believe in any of the gods claimed to exist, they don't believe with certainty that there are absolutely no gods. Those in the category of strong atheists don't claim belief in any God or gods and also believe that there are absolutely no gods.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Are you an atheist when it comes to other gods?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Are you an atheist when it comes to other gods?

nope.
i think you are a god but you may not know it. do you ?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

So you think those gods exist? LOL

Atheism = LACK of belief in gods
Agnosticism = "I have no idea if they exist or not."

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

what does it mean then? if you give the agnostic definition i'm gonna go bang my head on the wall. lol

Atheist - - lack of belief in a God (that's it - the entire meaning). A complete indifference.

Agnostic - - default position of "I don't know". Real Core meaning - - "God can not be proven or dis-proven".

Anti-theist - - against God/religion

harmful to the believer, harmful to society, harmful to politics, harmful, to culture, etc.; second, that theism can and should be countered in order to reduce the harm it causes. If a person believes these things, then they will likely be an anti-theist who works against theism by arguing that it be abandoned, promoting alternatives, or perhaps even supporting measures to suppress it

atheism.about.com...

edit on 17-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

that first one sounds just like "i don't believe gods exist" which requires evidence, i'm sure the person just got up one day, and said, hmm, think i'll say i don't believe gods exist today, for no reason at all. what is the reason? they see no evidence. does lack of evidence prove something undeniably? guy shoots his wife's cat. wife can't prove it. did the guy shoot his wife's cat? you already know he did and she suspects he did, but lack of evidence has never meant, uncategorically that something isn't true.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

So you think those gods exist? LOL

which gods?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

that first one sounds just like "i don't believe gods exist" which requires evidence

Ah there lies your problem. Belief does not require evidence.

Anyway atheism means LACK of belief that any god exist, not the belief that they don't exist.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

which gods?

Zeus, Jupiter, Allah, Buddha and other guys.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I will only speak for myself here.

I have not always been an atheist. For most of my life I was a Christian. I didn't wake up one day and decide I just don't believe in God anymore. It was only after the course of years reading about various subjects that I began to seriously question my beliefs. I began to weigh the evidence I had in support of my beliefs, and the evidence I had against them. Believe me, I tried to hold on. I never did any mental gymnastics to keep the faith. But I definitely held on to it until there came a time where the truth became clear. Not only was it a lack of evidence, but it was piles of evidence to prove Christianity wasn't true. I know that some people will disagree with me as far as evidence and how its weighed goes. That's fine. I'm more than interested in evidence. Anyone can feel free to U2U me if they have something to share. Chances are I've probably already seen it, but who knows. The bold claims made by religions should have no problem standing up to scrutiny. Especially the ones who claim to have divine truths handed down to them from above, stored in texts indirectly written by the creator of all things. In my honest opinion, Christianity does not stand up to such scrutiny. On multiple fronts. The same goes for other religions and mythologies.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Me too, exactly.

And, I was 65 when I made that final and complete step out of the "God circle".

So, ya can't say I didn't give it all I had

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

which gods?

oh yep. i sure do. although i think zeus and jupiter were just the european names for the same guys the egyptians and hebrews were talking about. buddha is the unique one of the bunch cause so many of the chinese ancient documents were destroyed in 3000 bc, i can't explore the history that lead up to his name or anything. allah is a combo of the sumerian enlil and enki.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

So you're a polytheist? Interesting.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

that first one sounds just like "i don't believe gods exist" which requires evidence

Ah there lies your problem. Belief does not require evidence.

Anyway atheism means LACK of belief that any god exist, not the belief that they don't exist.

Yes, this.

There is no belief in atheism one way or the other.

I lack belief. God could exist. Its not that I don't believe god exists.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

which gods?

oh yep. i sure do. although i think zeus and jupiter were just the european names for the same guys the egyptians and hebrews were talking about. buddha is the unique one of the bunch cause so many of the chinese ancient documents were destroyed in 3000 bc, i can't explore the history that lead up to his name or anything. allah is a combo of the sumerian enlil and enki.

Well, I believe the "War in Heaven" may have been a real war between off planet beings fighting over control of earth.

That Zeus, and other "Gods" may be commanders of the war ships.

But - - let's not go that far off the OP.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join