It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

notice i mentioned christians on both sides of the issue. and i quote:
"(who may or may not be an atheist, agnostic, christian, etc)"

we do not need a christian theocracy in this country. everyone, even christians, would hate it, i guarantee you.
it's totalitarian

we also don't need an atheist theocracy. our secular government was just fine till everyone started going power mad.
edit on 16-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: undo

Apparently you are missing the link where someone can be both an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.

Agnostic atheism

that is double speak.

one says there is no god so reject any religion besides the temple they erect to themselves, the other says they don't know and so reject religion and don't build any temples at all. 2 different bananas.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

As long as the 1st amendment remains intact, there will never be an atheist theocracy in this country. I can't say the same thing about not being a Christian theocracy there are Christians who seem to think that religious freedom is the freedom to practice whatever Christian denomination you want to practice, but you have to be Christian. That being said though, I find a Christian theocracy unlikely as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

What? No they aren't making that claim. Many atheists are also agnostic which means they also admit that they don't know if there is a god or not, they just lean more towards the not existing answer. Anyone who says definitively that there is no god or gods is as deluded as someone who says definitively that there is one. There is nothing omniscient about that.

agnostics are not the same thing as atheists. atheists claim they know there's no god, which means they are claiming they have omniscience. an agnostic is an entirely different thing. they don't make the claim to omniscience. personally, i think everyone is a god (jesus mentions that even when he says, "did i not say, 'ye are gods'"? ). we just aren't omniscient gods. that has been hidden for some reason, for a very long time. it's kinda spooky how much effort has been put into hiding that.

Nope atheists think there is no evidence for a god. As the previous poster eluded...

How are you gonna tell atheists what they believe????.....

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

No it isn't. One concept is about the belief the other is about if you are sure of your belief. They actually go together quite well. Though if you reject this term, then I'd say that most atheists don't live up to your definition of atheism and would actually be called agnostic.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

LMAO

We'll see how that goes vs the progressive agenda.

Hopefully it totally fails because I for one would prefer a True Progressive Nation than a Theocratic one.

Gay people have been granted legal marriage rights in how many states now? Marijuana has been declared legal? Not that I have a problem with either of these things, but if you can see the progress of American society and still claim there is a danger of a Theocracy, you are being intellectually dishonest. The notion is a complete joke. There simply isn't the support for such a thing, and even among Christians there never was.

Sure you don't have a problem with either of those things. Yet you also chose those to complain about and use as an example. Denial, Denial, Denial.

Society progresses whether you like it or not. That's a good thing. But you go right ahead and go back to living in a tent in the desert if you'd like away from the evil gays and modern technology and 21st century thinking. Then you'll feel nice and safe in your matriarchal repressive society.

So even though they admit openly that a theocratic nation is what they want and have been working toward by using the GOP to do it, you still don't believe it??? I'm not saying they have it or that it will happen, but to deny they are working toward it when even they admit that they are is willful ignorance. I don't know exactly how much support they have behind them but about 2/3 of this nation identifies as Christian so it's not as if they don't have a large pool from which to pull from.

Yes, it's hilarious how Christians suffer from a "persecution complex" while people like yourself don't seem to grasp the irony that you are doing the same.

Under threat of a theocracy... LMAO!

Yes it is funny isn't it. They are the majority and yet still act like cry babies who have to attack others while claiming persecution which isn't happening. People like myself aren't claiming persecution so I don't know where you even get that. I'm assuming you are including me in some group that I'm not a part of because I'm not claiming any persecution at all. I simply want what we are supposed to be, a secular nation with separation of powers and a separation of church and state. You know like it's supposed to be.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I said that atheists just reject belief in a god or gods. That is all. YOU are reading further into it by labeling it omniscience when most atheists don't feel that way. Like I said, most atheists are agnostic.

the agnostic is not claiming omniscience but the one who says there is no god, is claiming omniscience.

I have to disagree with that, undo. I don't have to be omniscient to know there is no god. All I have to do is look at where the concept of "god" comes from. It's purely a human construct.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

I said that atheists just reject belief in a god or gods. That is all. YOU are reading further into it by labeling it omniscience when most atheists don't feel that way. Like I said, most atheists are agnostic.

the agnostic is not claiming omniscience but the one who says there is no god, is claiming omniscience.

I have to disagree with that, undo. I don't have to be omniscient to know there is no god. All I have to do is look at where the concept of "god" comes from. It's purely a human construct.

But you can't know that there is no God. I'm not a Christian, but I do believe in God or a creator and an afterlife of some type. I don't know though. I could be totally wrong. Just as you can't know. To say that god is "...purely a human construct." Isn't truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

that would be the definition of an agnostic, since saying there's no evidence is different than saying, explicitly, that there isn't a god or gods. when someone says, there's no god, period, that is a true atheist, and as such, claims they know there isn't, and since that's not even remotely possible to prove/know, that means they are claiming to be omniscient. this lends itself well to totalitarianism and monotheism which claims only one god, whatever/whoever that might be.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Annee

I agree with the latter, the former.. not so much.

Either way, it has nothing to do with the question, which attempts to go beyond any single ideology that you may dislike.

In America, Christians are not persecuted. They feel they are, but they're not. I know, I've been there.

Christians are free and protected by the Constitution to believe whatever they want. It's the INFRINGING on others where the problems start.

I'm not interested in other countries.

Yep, Christians are infringing upon others rights here in America by having it's own teachers take bibles away from fourth graders who are reading the bible on FREE READING TIME quietly by themselves. They are also infringing upon others rights by allowing Muslim students time out of class during the day to pray and at the same time telling Christian children they can't pray over their food in the cafeteria. They are infringing upon others rights by feeding the homeless, providing for homeless shelters and battered women shelters. Yep, Christian gangs are running around this country in groups of dozens beating random people for no reason. They are infringing on others rights because they freely express their belief in public as is granted to them by the first amendment.

Yep, it's real hard in America to be anything other than Christian.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing
I see no evidence to suggest otherwise. A creator or creators, I might go for. But the concept of god is strictly one that humans give to any entity they see as deserving of reverence or worship.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

well technically, and this is really the rub of the whole thing, the difference between lack of evidence or evidence that suggests otherwise, is not the same thing as absolute proof. to say you have absolute proof would require omniscience.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is just one recent example that came out today. Tell me again how they aren't trying to push god in to government again???

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

No one says they have absolute proof. They may reject specifically defined gods like the Christian one as not being real, but that is only because a god like that violates certain laws of physics. Not to mention it is hypocritical of its self-defined criteria (ex: all loving, but indiscriminately punishes people for the sins of other people). However extending to just an abstract idea of a god, no atheist will ever (honestly) tell you that they know there isn't one.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

i really like ben carson but if he's a jehovah's witness, they believe in a theocratic, end of the age, human government. so do mormons. and i'm not sure if they think jesus will be bodily present when this is happening. this is where literalists are your friends, since a literalist will say jesus has to be physically present and not just in the hearts of believers/popes/preachers/etc, but actually visibly, bodily in charge and everyone knows it's jesus and not some facsimile.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

No one says they have absolute proof. They may reject specifically defined gods like the Christian one as not being real, but that is only because a god like that violates certain laws of physics. Not to mention it is hypocritical of its self-defined criteria (ex: all loving, but indiscriminately punishes people for the sins of other people). However extending to just an abstract idea of a god, no atheist will ever (honestly) tell you that they know there isn't one.

i have an argument for that, which basically involves ancient sumer, but the moment i say "sumer" people auto-assume it's about sitchin. the biggest similarity between my argument and sitchin's, is that we both employ the sumerian texts to make our case.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The only one making assumptions about other people's beliefs in this conversation is you. I've spent the whole time deconstructing your strawman about atheist beliefs, so I don't know why you'd assume that I'd assume things about your arguments just because you mention an ancient civilization.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

well technically, and this is really the rub of the whole thing, the difference between lack of evidence or evidence that suggests otherwise, is not the same thing as absolute proof. to say you have absolute proof would require omniscience.

Alright. Lets run with that. What constitutes godhood? What makes an entity "God" with a capital G?
Was Enki a god? Was he God? Or was he just the creator of our species?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I didn't realize Ben Carson was a Jehovah's witness??? I thought he was some variation of Christian like Evangelical or Baptist or something.

I don't really care what he is but I'd prefer he keep whatever Religion he is out of Gov. which he obviously wouldn't.

Is there even one candidate on the Right who isn't Pro Religion + Government???

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
Well, that was disturbing.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join