It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Megatronus

This is the same tired old argument. The same could be said about anyone else. If we frame the argument in the same terms, it could be said that nobody ever killed anyone in the name of "Jesus" either. Yet history is ripe with atheists killing believers by the droves.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Mao and Stalin certainly said they were atheists. You want to have it one way, but not the other.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Posts got mangled somehow.

I was wondering if you have links to groups that are actively working together, while expressing their ideology. I'd love to get involved, unless you are referring to politics.

And then the persecution question above ^^^

I don't have specific links no, I was just trying to prove a point through general agreement of political parties.

Here is a link that shows 5 prominent Christians who took a stand against Christian theocracy:
5 Brave Religious Leaders Who Fought Christian Theocracy in America

link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I agree

Much like yourself, I consider myself a Christian, but have been persecuted by believers and non believers alike. I have since taken up the label of Morphologian. Mainly for s&g, but it's also a more accurate label for me, while remaining largely obscure.

Basically though, I believe in free will, but also that God chooses not to interfere in that will. Leaving him responsible for all life (and death) in this universe and beyond.

Regardless, I believe the takeaway from the death blame game all points to the ideology itself being largely irrelevant, and therefore, a weak point of focus for actual change and betterment of humanity as a whole.

link   

I have never once heard of atheists killing non believers because they believe. I have heard of followers of the abrahamic faiths massacring in drive. Happening to not believe and killing people is totally different to beleiving and massacring people because they believe differently to you. Something which Christianity is pretty good at.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I looked through a few of my topics to see if there was outrage from those posting on this topic towards, ISIS, so far, nada.

I know you think I'm one of the worst offenders, but here's a post from me: www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
In my mind, humanitarian laws are fine, as long as everyone is obeying them to a certain extent, but ISIS members don't have a humanitarian bone between them. Life means nothing to them. They're not recoverable. And after what they've done and are trying to do, I wouldn't hesitate to take them out if I had the power. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. You're out.

How to do this would be for people much smarter than myself to decide, but I've even had thoughts lately of "scorched Earth" policies and sadly, living with the collateral damage.

I have NEVER talked that way about Christians... nor do I feel that way about them. I know you won't believe me, but I had to say it anyway.

And the reason I don't spend time talking about ISIS is because I don't want to advertise for them AND they aren't in this country. Most of my posts have to do with stuff that's happening HERE in the US where I live and breathe. I consider myself to be a non-interventionist. I believe we should take care of HOME before looking for other people to control.

The Persecution Complex: The Religious Right's Deceptive Rallying Cry

This narrative has become an important rallying cry for a movement that has found itself on the losing side of many of the so-called “culture wars.” By reframing political losses as religious oppression, the Right has attempted to build a justification for turning back advances in gay rights, reproductive rights and religious liberty for minority faiths.

The religious persecution narrative is nothing new – it has long been at the core of the Right’s reaction to secular government and religious pluralism – but it has taken off in recent years in reaction to advances in gay rights and reproductive freedom, and to an increasingly secular and pluralistic society.

The frantic warnings, fueled by individual persecution myths, range from the insistence that conservative Christians are losing their right to free speech to the claim that the U.S. is on the verge of instituting unconstitutional hate speech laws to dire predictions that religious faith itself might soon be criminalized.

So, to be perfectly clear, it's not Christians I hate. It's the attempts to undermine our secular government and the moves toward theocracy that so many people and organizations are pushing on the rest of us, that I hate. The cries of "persecution" and "unfairness" from the religious right are quite ironic, since they (not you, not all Christians) are complaining, not about actual persecution, but about not being permitted to force their religion into law and not being allowed to persecute women and gay people...

And for you to insinuate that some of us (we know who we are) are OK with ISIS but hate Christians is just ridiculous and terribly insulting and I won't sit here and take it. What you're saying is wrong and you need to be called out for it.
edit on 4/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Megatronus

This is the same tired old argument. The same could be said about anyone else. If we frame the argument in the same terms, it could be said that nobody ever killed anyone in the name of "Jesus" either. Yet history is ripe with atheists killing believers by the droves.

And history is rife with Christians killing heathens by the droves. We can match murders all day long. You still don't get to claim the high moral ground, and say "you guys did it too."

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I don't have a whole lot of money (i.e none), but I am willing to bet the computer I am typing on that the U.S will not fall victim to a Christian theocracy.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Yeah, I don't need links to that

I am a Christian that stands against a "christian" theocracy.

If you ever come across people actually working together in every day life, please let me know! As for now, I feel my point stands.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

heartbreaking, as heartbreaking as the adults and children murdered rapped stoned and crucified and beheaded by ISIS,

Christianity can't stand on its own?

Do you really need to always bring ISIS into it?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Mao and Stalin certainly said they were atheists. You want to have it one way, but not the other.

Fine. I still stand by the point that the whole discussion is stupid and a distraction. Christianity gets its morality from its religion, atheism gets its morality from the self. Christianity slaughtering tons of people in the name of their religion is actually hypocritical. Atheists doing the same is just an awful thing. This is why the discussion is a distraction. Christians are trying to distract from the hypocrisy of Christian actions done under theocracies or in the name of god by trying to say that atheists do it too. Except the key difference here is that atheists don't derive their morality from atheism.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Megatronus

I have never once heard of atheists killing non believers because they believe. I have heard of followers of the abrahamic faiths massacring in drive. Happening to not believe and killing people is totally different to beleiving and massacring people because they believe differently to you. Something which Christianity is pretty good at.

Then you should read more history. Christians were purged by the millions. Stalin specifically purged them and so did mao. It's comical to me (somewhat) to see hitler used as an example of a Christian, since he also persecuted christians to a very large extent, and even went so far as to persecute catholics in his own country to the point where the pope felt it was necessary to meet with him personally. Hitler of course, gave the pope his word that such violence would cease, but it never did.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I don't have a whole lot of money (i.e none), but I am willing to bet the computer I am typing on that the U.S will not fall victim to a Christian theocracy.

I'd be willing to bet the same. Christians have been trying for 200+ years now to establish a theocracy. They came pretty close in the 40's and 50's, but even then we still weren't a theocracy and now we are less of one than ever.

But just because we won't become a theocracy doesn't mean that there aren't people trying to make that so and trying to push laws that are theocratic in nature.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t and DeadSeraph

At the end of the day, this "your psychopaths killed more people than my psychopaths" argument is incredibly stupid and pointless.

Mass-murdering psychopaths are insane. Who cares what they use as justification for their evil?

Atheist psychos kill people who are different. Religious psychos kill people who are different. Intolerance and hate are the cause, not the leader's supposed belief-system.

The excuse for mass-murder generally can be summarized as: "those people are not exactly like I think they should be so they must die."
edit on 4/16/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You should definitely build a bunker, just in case.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I can't say I disagree with this at all.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Why? I'd rather stand up to it than cower in fear from it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

That's what I've been saying. I don't think this discussion is even worth having. The link I posted earlier came to the same conclusion.
edit on 16-4-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   

What you don't seem to understand is, the Western world has already been under a theocracy of sorts. It might not have been overt, but the heavy influence of Christianity on the Western world is there for anyone to see. There would be no need for movements like Womens rights, Gay rights, states that still have laws on the books making it illegal for an atheist to hold public office, and so much more. All of these things are because Christianity has been the unofficial underlying government for 100's of years.

We are only now starting to break free of our oppressors, and the church sees that as hatred and persecution.
edit on 4/16/2015 by Klassified because: corrections

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Why? I'd rather stand up to it than cower in fear from it.

I was being facitious. I'm pretty sure the Christians aren't coming for you bro.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join