It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Annee

I agree with the latter, the former.. not so much.

Either way, it has nothing to do with the question, which attempts to go beyond any single ideology that you may dislike.

In America, Christians are not persecuted. They feel they are, but they're not. I know, I've been there.

Christians are free and protected by the Constitution to believe whatever they want. It's the INFRINGING on others where the problems start.

I'm not interested in other countries.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Agreed. It has changed my life dramatically.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just stfu. Seriously. Christians get beheaded and persecuted every day in other countries. You don't have to deal with it because you live in a free country, partly founded by Christians and protected by Christians who fight for your damned right to believe you are under threat from a theocracy of Christians. Just shut up. Persecution complex indeed.

I'm not talking about other countries. I'm talking about America. He asked a question and I answered. YOU aren't being persecuted in this country for being Christian and neither is anyone else. So pretending like you are because some Christians in the Middle East are being persecuted is dishonest.

Oh and telling me to shutup. Very classy...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Krazysh0t

An interesting view on it, but not quite addressing the question. It is also specific to locality, when speaking about a worldwide issue.

Well I just feel that the Christian persecution complex that I'm referring to is more of a 1st world problem, mostly in the States. I know that Christians in parts of the third world get discriminated against and they have more than every right to complain about it.

The examples you gave of persecution by Christians towards Muslims are also common in exchanges between atheist/theist. Actually, nearly every group does it towards their "opposition." I would even posit that every group is actually persecuted by opposing zealots, and with the numbers being in nearly direct proportion with the population of any given social group. You may not feel that you personally do it, but that isn't relevant. I also struggle to buy into the idea that persecution can only take place when condoned by legislation.

This is true. People persecute what they don't like. The key is to determine if that persecution is widespread throughout the population or if it is just isolated to small groups.

Rather than taking the Bible out completely, leave it as a personal choice of the person swearing? Just have the person swear on whatever they see applicable, rather than forcing adherence to other ideologies (or lack there of)?

That would work with me. Swear on the object of your desire. Though the whole ritual of swearing to tell the truth is idiotic and just symbolic anyways. Nothing is going to prevent a liar from lying.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Answer

That's what I've been saying. I don't think this discussion is even worth having. The link I posted earlier came to the same conclusion.

if my research is correct, stalin was not actually an atheist in the sense of "title" and neither was hitler - they were both catholics, however, i'm thinking they were jesuits, who seem to be atheists not christians or catholics. jesuits were not historically, religious, they were like hired assassins in a secret fraternity, an army and secret service (think cia) organization to protect the interests of the vatican .

i wrote this thread called "atheism and monotheism", which proves that whenever you have a totalitarian regime, whether or not it claims to be religious, it is predicated on the idea that it or its leader, is the only god. in the case of the jesuits, it isn't the pope they are beholden to but their own "general" and the general is not beholden to the pope either, but rather the pope is beholden to the general. sounds like they had a coup and now a jesuit is the actual pope. i guess they gave up the pretense of pretending the religious pope was still in charge of the vatican.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I agree. Religion is the easiest tool to use for a totalitarian regime to justify their violence. Without religion though, a totalitarian regime will just use some other concept to justify their violence. Comparing the death counts of various totalitarian regimes using religion as a justification against other totalitarian regimes using other concepts for their justification is ridiculous. At the end of the day the only consistency is that totalitarian regimes are violent and will use whatever is most handy to get away with it.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I agree. Religion is the easiest tool to use for a totalitarian regime to justify their violence. Without religion though, a totalitarian regime will just use some other concept to justify their violence. Comparing the death counts of various totalitarian regimes using religion as a justification against other totalitarian regimes using other concepts for their justification is ridiculous. At the end of the day the only consistency is that totalitarian regimes are violent and will use whatever is most handy to get away with it.

no, that's not what i'm saying. it wasn't justified by anything but atheism. atheism and monotheism both claim there's only one god. the jesuits are atheists, a secret service organization who's total purpose is to protect the political and financial interests of the vatican, which never had the teachings of jesus as their fuel source. the religious popes were polytheists, who hid it, just as it is hidden in the texts of the bible and in the mystery schools. they appear to have been replaced or controlled for quite some time now, by a bunch of atheists in a secret fraternity, who, thru humanitarian efforts have managed to convince the whole planet they are great fellas, but who are actually the cause for the need of humanitarian efforts.
edit on 16-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Atheists don't claim there is only one god. They claim there are NO gods, which is one less than one.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Atheists don't claim there is only one god. They claim there are NO gods, which is one less than one.

but they can't know that, so are claiming omniscience, making them the only god since they claim there are no gods. it's an unspoken end result.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

What? No they aren't making that claim. Many atheists are also agnostic which means they also admit that they don't know if there is a god or not, they just lean more towards the not existing answer. Anyone who says definitively that there is no god or gods is as deluded as someone who says definitively that there is one. There is nothing omniscient about that.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What? No they aren't making that claim. Many atheists are also agnostic which means they also admit that they don't know if there is a god or not, they just lean more towards the not existing answer. Anyone who says definitively that there is no god or gods is as deluded as someone who says definitively that there is one. There is nothing omniscient about that.

agnostics are not the same thing as atheists. atheists claim they know there's no god, which means they are claiming they have omniscience. an agnostic is an entirely different thing. they don't make the claim to omniscience. personally, i think everyone is a god (jesus mentions that even when he says, "did i not say, 'ye are gods'"? ). we just aren't omniscient gods. that has been hidden for some reason, for a very long time. it's kinda spooky how much effort has been put into hiding that.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If you say so. To me, it looks like you are projecting your beliefs and opinions of how a group should believe onto others.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

If you say so. To me, it looks like you are projecting your beliefs and opinions of how a group should believe onto others.

well you just said: agnostics believe x,y,z and atheists believe t,u.v. and i said, i believe t,u,v (a human=a god) (minus) omniscience (multiplied by every human being). three different things, obviously.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
i personally dont really hate much, however, christians are the most pushy bunch i've ever come across.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I said that atheists just reject belief in a god or gods. That is all. YOU are reading further into it by labeling it omniscience when most atheists don't feel that way. Like I said, most atheists are agnostic.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SSFFlood
i personally dont really hate much, however, christians are the most pushy bunch i've ever come across.

well you see, here we have a problem regarding world views. in the world view of many christians, abortion is not a good thing. in the world view of a secularist (who may or may not be an atheist, agnostic, christian, etc), abortion is a life-saving tool. all of these groups have a right to vote. and all are pushing their personal world view. if you want to force them to mirror your world view, you have left the domain of freedom and entered into totalitarianism. if it swings to far in either direction, we are all screwed cause totalitarians, suck rotten tomatoes and are mostly psychopathic control freaks.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I said that atheists just reject belief in a god or gods. That is all. YOU are reading further into it by labeling it omniscience when most atheists don't feel that way. Like I said, most atheists are agnostic.

the agnostic is not claiming omniscience but the one who says there is no god, is claiming omniscience.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Apparently you are missing the link where someone can be both an atheist and an agnostic at the same time.

Agnostic atheism

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: SSFFlood

well you see, here we have a problem regarding world views. in the world view of many christians, abortion is not a good thing. in the world view of a secularist (who may or may not be an atheist, agnostic, christian, etc), abortion is a life-saving tool. all of these groups have a right to vote. and all are pushing their personal world view. if you want to force them to mirror your world view, you have left the domain of freedom and entered into totalitarianism. if it swings to far in either direction, we are all screwed cause totalitarians, suck rotten tomatoes and are mostly psychopathic control freaks.

That isn't entirely true. Abortion can be a life-saving tool. Even Christians can understand that there sometimes situations where you are facing an either/or situation, but we also understand that when you look at the numbers, the vast (as in between 90 to 95%) majority of procedures are carried out as a matter of pure convenience, not to save anyone's life.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
Lol and if I make negative comments about black people, it's only about the ones who use their race as a justification for violence and to discriminate or control other peoples lives. How come I don't get a free pass?

Who says you won't?

I've seen people post about ISIS without it being taken to mean all muslims, black families that have received welfare for generations without it being taken to mean all afro-americans and people talking about how bad the mexican drug cartels out without them being chastised as if they were talking about all mexicans.
edit on 16-4-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join