It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I keep thinking about those verses.

If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

- John 15:18

You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

- Matt 10:22.

What did Jesus do that makes me want to hate him? I am not a Christian but (real or not) Jesus taught a lot of good things and did many good deeds. He never judged anyone and wanted to help everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Some people hate Christians because they see Christians have certain living standards that they themselves don't want to live up to. It's human nature. Some people hate vegans because they have certain living standards they live up to as well. Apples and oranges.

The sad thing is that people tend to blanket all "Christians" together which is prejudice. Remember Hitler convinced a whole nation to believe certain "types" should be eradicated. Let's just hope the next upcoming generations don't repeat history and think they are doing what is right. Cough* Atheists Cough* oppressed members of the gay community...

Personally, the mainstream Christian churches are responsible for a lot of bloodshed and for twisting what the bible really teaches. But there are true Christians out there you just don't get to pick who they are. I believe the scriptures say you will see by their, "fruits."

I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with the bible and what it teaches, but it's how leaders twist it. People are too lazy to see what it really says and they just wanna hear what they want to hear anyway. Do a couple of hail Mary's then go back to watching ESPN, accruing debt, chasing their desires and repeating the scenario til they are too old to care anymore, or once they actually wise up. Like hitler said, "what good fortune for governments that the people do not think." This applies to govt, religions or any group that authoritatively dictates rules, standards and regulations.

The answer: Everyone needs to go back to elementary MLK JR. reads and realize it doesn't matter. We all need to eat, drink water and sleep that's it. Keep your business to yourself and don't twist people's arms to be like you. Everyone has freedom of speech and can do whatever rallying or preaching they want, but live in harmony. Just like there are extremist Muslims (Isis, etc...) there are extremist Christians too. Anyone who kills in the name of God post-Judaism/birth&death Jesus are not living in line with Bible principles. True Christians don't murder anyone or persecute.

edit on 16-4-2015 by TheCretinHop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Some people hate Christians because they have certain living standards that they themselves don't kive up to. It's human nature. Some people hate vegans because they have certain living standards they live up too.

I don't think that's it. It is the fundamentalists that give Christians in general a bad name. They are the ones who try to impose morality on others and want Christian theocracy in America.

That I suspect where all the hatred (well more like anger) comes from.

I believe the scriptures say you will see by their, "fruits."

Yep.

Also watch a documentary film called Jesus Camp then come back and tell us how you feel. (Not you personally just everyone in general)

edit on 4/16/2015 by Deaf Alien because: darn grammar

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: TheCretinHop

Some people hate Christians because they have certain living standards that they themselves don't kive up to. It's human nature. Some people hate vegans because they have certain living standards they live up too.

It is the fundamentalists that give Christians in general a bad name. They are the ones who try to impose morality on others and want Christian theocracy in America.

That I suspect where all the hatred (well more like anger) comes from.

That's pretty much it. Separation of church and state.

America is a Secular Republic. But, the Right Wing Fundamentalist Christians are doing their damnedest to make it a Theocracy.

Not only is that unfair and intrusive to non-believers, it's also unfair snd intrusive to evey other non-Christian belief and moderate Christians as well.

edit on 16-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Total nonsense. There is no evidence anyone is trying to turn America into a theocracy. If anything, the progressives have the same agenda, just with a different twist.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Total nonsense. There is no evidence anyone is trying to turn America into a theocracy.

LOL are you sure?

Here's one example:
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh BTW I graduated from Liberty University and I have talked with Jerry Falwell personally.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Oh really??? You haven't been keeping up with your homework apparently.

Start with these and you should have no problem finding your way from there.

Dominionism and Dominion Theology

God and government: Christian Dominionism and the GOP

"Wage War To Restore a Christian America", Urged Pastor Behind Reince Priebus' RNC Israel Trip

If you don't like any of those sources let me know and I'll get you some others to read. I pretty much pulled them at random other than the first one. There are plenty of them spanning at least a decade to the present.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Total nonsense. There is no evidence anyone is trying to turn America into a theocracy. If anything, the progressives have the same agenda, just with a different twist.

here's a christian radio show talking about it (dominionism)
pidradio.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Oh really??? You haven't been keeping up with your homework apparently.

Start with these and you should have no problem finding your way from there.

Dominionism and Dominion Theology

God and government: Christian Dominionism and the GOP

"Wage War To Restore a Christian America", Urged Pastor Behind Reince Priebus' RNC Israel Trip

If you don't like any of those sources let me know and I'll get you some others to read. I pretty much pulled them at random other than the first one. There are plenty of them spanning at least a decade to the present.

LMAO

We'll see how that goes vs the progressive agenda.

Gay people have been granted legal marriage rights in how many states now? Marijuana has been declared legal? Not that I have a problem with either of these things, but if you can see the progress of American society and still claim there is a danger of a Theocracy, you are being intellectually dishonest. The notion is a complete joke. There simply isn't the support for such a thing, and even among Christians there never was.

Yes, it's hilarious how Christians suffer from a "persecution complex" while people like yourself don't seem to grasp the irony that you are doing the same.

Under threat of a theocracy... LMAO!
edit on 16-4-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

here's a christian radio show talking about it (dominionism)
pidradio.com...

You people are literally clueless. Christians can't support a theocracy by very virtue of the new testament until Christ returns. He is literally the only person Christians believe is fit to rule the earth. Trust me, we won't be taking your rights away any time soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Are you for real? You are an intelligent poster.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

You people are literally clueless. Christians can't support a theocracy by very virtue of the new testament until Christ returns.

You are smarter than that. Your posts show that you are very intelligent.

There have been attempts to get our government into Christian theocracy.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Are you for real? You are an intelligent poster.

Are YOU!?

Give me a fricken break. The united states of America was partially founded by Christians and guided by Christians for up to 200 years. If Christians had any interest in a theocracy and were too stupid to understand the value of separation of church and state, you would have had a theocracy by now.

You people are hilariously paranoid, deluded, and hypocritical. Especially when it comes to accusing Christians of a "persecution complex" while displaying one yourselves.

Christians aren't mandated to control you. It isn't in our theology at all. There IS an abrahamic religion that has such provisions in it's mandates, yet that is the one progressives like to defend most while crying about a Christian theocracy?

edit on 16-4-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The united states of America was partially founded by Christians and guided by Christians for up to 200 years.

Nope. If they guided we would have a different society.

You people are hilariously paranoid, deluded, and hypocritical. Especially when it comes to accusing Christians of a "persecution complex" while displaying one yourselves.

Hypocritical? Persecution complex? Did we start that? Honest question.

Christians aren't mandated to control you.

Oh you haven't heard of the Dark Ages.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Nope. If they guided we would have a different society.

Christians DID guide the founding and maintenance of the U.S. They are precisely why americans have separation of church and state, and not a muslim theocracy.

Hypocritical? Persecution complex? Did we start that? Honest question.

Go read the thread. It was one of the first accusations leveled, which is pretty #ing ridiculous considering Christians are currently having their heads cut off on an almost daily basis.

Oh you haven't heard of the Dark Ages.

Whoopdy do. Everyone has had their time. Christians were thrown to the lions by the romans, are beheaded in modern day times by muslim extremists, and you still want to play the "persecution complex" card as if they have a chance of establishing a theocracy anywhere on this earth? IT'S NOT EVEN IN OUR THEOLOGY THAT SUCH A THING IS POSSIBLE...

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Christians DID guide the founding and maintenance of the U.S.

Nope they did not.

Christians were thrown to the lions by the romans, are beheaded in modern day times by muslim extremists, and you still want to play the "persecution complex" card as if they have a chance of establishing a theocracy anywhere on this earth? IT'S NOT EVEN IN OUR THEOLOGY THAT SUCH A THING IS POSSIBLE...

But that's exactly what they are trying to do! A few have posted links proving that! I myself posted a link!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Nonsense links.

No Christian church I have EVER attended has suggested we take over the government and rule over others. It's simply not compatible with Christian theology at all. Where kings and queens might have used the church for power in the past while keeping illiterate peasants incapable of reading the bible, today everyone is able to read it, and it states in no uncertain terms that we are to resist evil as much as possible, but this world does not belong to us and will not belong to us until Jesus Christ returns.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

No Christian church I have EVER attended has suggested we take over the government and rule over others.

I take that you are a young guy and don't know people like Jerry Falwell and others? Follow the links others have linked.

It's a serious problem.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

People like that are interested in leading others astray for the purpose of lining their pockets. Do you think Jesus would approve of them? How many of us do you think approve of them? Do you think we also approve of the Westboro "baptists"?

Honestly. Think about it. Do you REALLY think America is under threat from a Christian theocracy?

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Do you REALLY think America is under threat from a Christian theocracy?

Yep. There have been many attempts.

Thank god people have sense but there's still a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join