It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You don't believe it for the most part, do you think someone might be?

There's always somebody lying. How the heck do we know anyway? So quit worrying.

I trust many ATS members. I have had many discussions with them and know some of them personally.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

I dont hate any of you, calling me liar?

Nope.

Sorry you can't cope with people making a honest comment like " my mum and best friend are Christian and I don't hate any of them" That's your issue not mine nor anyone else who bothered to come in and say no they don't hate christians.

Who's having an issue coping? I just don't "blanket trust" everyone, especially after just reading some of the vitriol about Christians on ATS.

Playing the victim doesn't suit you, may I suggest you don more becoming attire of a Christian? Something in a forgiving colour would bring out your complexion best.

Not playing a victim either. Like I stated, a real Christian wouldn't care because their faith isn't predicated on others beliefs.

I wouldn't sell you anything Beezer, you'd no doubt use it, destroy it and coming back demanding a refund and accusing me of not being honest to begin with. So lets keep commerce out of it k?

Now that wasn't nice.

(but I'll forgive you)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

You don't believe it for the most part, do you think someone might be?

There's always somebody lying. How the heck do we know anyway? So quit worrying.

I trust many ATS members. I have had many discussions with them and know some of them personally.

Okay.

Again, not worried about it.

And yes, there is always someone lying.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Just more double standards is all I see.

Christians have their apologists and their talking heads and even people here at ATS who say over and over how they don't hate anyone and if you point to one of them being a dick they either say they aren't a real christian or again christians don't hate that they love everyone, etc. etc.

But when you try and tell them the same thing in return that you don't hate them but you might have some problems that you want to talk about or whatever. They say you're lying or something along those lines. I guess they are the only ones who are honest right??? After all everyone else doesn't even have a moral code and bla bla bla....

You can't win with these people. Face it. They see themselves as better than everyone else. They don't like anyone who isn't like them. They don't want to try and talk about it or find common ground or any of it.

People typically assume people act how they would act. It's natural. The fact that everyone came here and said they Do not hate Christians is only viewed as being lies. Why?? Because that is how they are so they assume you are the same.

If they won't accept the answer you give them don't bother because they don't care what your answer is. They either love to think of themselves as martyrs for their cause or they're just A-holes who don't like you but don't want to say it.

That's why this one single question is at 16 pages and still has people arguing. Proof that it's pointless to even bother trying to see eye to eye with them.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

So you're arguing maybe one or two are lying, but the others not so much. And you don't really care anyway because you are a real Christian.

Gotcha.

What a spectacular waste of time it has been conversing with you tonight .

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

OK

I do know for a fact that few people do hate Christians. But they are few.

You can hate Christianity without hating Christians.

For some reason some (and I mean some not all lol) take on the victim mentality.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

So you're arguing maybe one or two are lying, but the others not so much. And you don't really care anyway because you are a real Christian.

Gotcha.

What a spectacular waste of time it has been conversing with you tonight .

likewise.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

OK

I do know for a fact that few people do hate Christians. But they are few.

You can hate Christianity without hating Christians.

For some reason some (and I mean some not all lol) take on the victim mentality.

An honest answer. Thank you.

Have a pleasant evening.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Christians have their apologists and their talking heads and even people here at ATS who say over and over how they don't hate anyone and if you point to one of them being a dick they either say they aren't a real christian or again christians don't hate that they love everyone, etc. etc.

But when you try and tell them the same thing in return that you don't hate them but you might have some problems that you want to talk about or whatever. They say you're lying or something along those lines. I guess they are the only ones who are honest right??? After all everyone else doesn't even have a moral code and bla bla bla....

You can't win with these people. Face it. They see themselves as better than everyone else. They don't like anyone who isn't like them. They don't want to try and talk about it or find common ground or any of it.

This is such a vapid, cynical post. More ammo for the OP.

A real Christian will tell you that he is no better than you.

A real Christian will acknowledge that he is a sinner, and is not worthy of seeing the Face of God.

A real Christian does not put your sins above his.

A real Christian does not see himself as better than anyone.

You may agree with these statements.

What you absolutely fail to see, or acknowledge, is that Christians appreciate those who are honestly and sincerely making the attempt to walk a better path - to turn from sin, to repent, to honestly try and sin no more, to avoid that which leads him to sin, and equally important - to be merciful to others.

To people who absolutely don't care about trying any of those things, and to people who live for themselves first and foremost, this is viewed as an act of arrogance with an air of superiority.

It is impossible to see eye to eye with a man who insists that you are an asshole for trying to live a moral life.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I don't know if it's even possible to hate 'Christians' in general. I know for me I would at least have to know someone to some degree before hating them would even be possible. To hate an entire group of people most of which you don't know on a personal level doesn't seem possible.

That alone makes the question in the OP noting but baiting or just plain illogical to begin with.

But for anyone who came here and gave an honest answer and for that to be thrown back in their face as if it was a lie is just plain insulting. They should just brush it off and move on because 9 times out of 10 they don't care what you think anyway.

Religious people are the last people to ever change their belief in anything. No amount of reason or trying on your behalf will matter to them. They don't respect you or anyone else either. They can barely follow anything from the one source they do trust so you're never going to change their mind being a sinner.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My mother's husband once told me he knew I harbored evil in my heart, after I told him I didn't believe in God and felt the Christian God is an immoral asshole. I was irritated but mostly amused. A little scared too, because of the way he said it. Full of venom! We got over it though.

Drinks and religious debates don't always mix!

edit on 4-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

A real Christian will acknowledge that he is a sinner, and is not worthy of seeing the Face of God.

It is impossible to see eye to eye with a man who insists that you are an asshole for trying to live a moral life.

Ya ya...I hear those same statement every single time. Real Christian this and Real Christian that. Yet just now and just like every other time those who claim to be Real Christians do those very things. So if you're correct about the Real Christians theory then I'd say there must only be one of them and he's been long gone or hiding in a cave because I have yet to meet or even hear of one who fits that description you just gave.

It's impossible to see eye to eye because even when you answer a question that you're being asked and all you get back is someone calling you a liar, that isn't a conversation happening. That is someone who's judging you, refuses to listen to you, denies what you're trying to tell them and/or won't ever see you as the same as themselves.

I never said anything about you living a moral life or anything, I don't know where you're getting that from.
edit on 15-4-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lol!
and NEVER with a family member

I have never told my mum I don't believe in her religion. I love her too much to upset her, she knows I suspect, we just don't talk about it, but I take her to church, pray with her at Christmas etc, it gives her comfort, and its not so hard to do something you were raised to do.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog

originally posted by: mOjOm

You may agree with these statements.

What you absolutely fail to see, or acknowledge, is that Christians appreciate those who are honestly and sincerely making the attempt to walk a better path - to turn from sin, to repent, to honestly try and sin no more, to avoid that which leads him to sin, and equally important - to be merciful to others.

To people who absolutely don't care about trying any of those things, and to people who live for themselves first and foremost, this is viewed as an act of arrogance with an air of superiority.

So basically your saying there are no real Christians, because I've never met some one like you described. No one considers you an @$$hole for attempting to live a moral life.... People prob think your an @$$hole for believing your god is going to take their soul and torture it for all eternity.....obviously an @$$hole thing to do.

That's the (relatively new addition) that sinks Christians. If you weren't telling people your god was gonna sentence them to hell. No one would care. Hell, you could even keep the members only club (heaven)for believers.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I have never told my mum I don't believe in her religion. I love her too much to upset her, she knows I suspect, we just don't talk about it, but I take her to church, pray with her at Christmas etc, it gives her comfort, and its not so hard to do something you were raised to do.

The fact that you don't believe but still do that for your mother out of love and respect for her just to make her more comfortable is more akin to what I feel Christ would want than all the Sunday Church Fakes everywhere. You are a person that has and understands morality. You are someone who produces 'good fruit'. That is what a selfless act of love is.

That's why I whatever the hell "Real Christians" might be it has nothing to do with what they think, what they might know, what church they go to, or how many lines of scripture they can say by memory. I would say zazz is more 'Christian' by his/her actions than anyone who just wears the label and proof that you don't even need the label or any of it to be a good person and do what's right.

Good for you!!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Lol!
and NEVER with a family member

I think most people who are Christians are really just in church for the social aspect. It's a group of people who care about you. thats why almost none have read the entire bible, nor live by it. However since it isn't real and it is just about the social aspect. It's up to church leadership weather it's a positive or negative social group.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I've told my mom I'm an atheist. My relationship with her is pretty good so there's no need to hide anything. Not sure how much it upsets her. She worries about my eternal soul but also understands and respects that everyone's life is their own. I've shared some of my reasons with her, which she finds interesting. But she won't be swayed. Which is fine. They have seen results of their faith, and comfort in hard times.

Her husband is the one I don't intend to tell I am an atheist. As far as his perspective is concerned, I think he sees me as someone who isn't currently walking with the Lord. Even though I've told him I don't believe. There is a difference between telling them you don't believe, and telling them you're an atheist. That evil little word. I'll avoid the confrontation. When we talk about religion now I just do so from a Christian perspective.

He's one of those speak in tongues charismatic dudes. I guess he worked with Kenneth Copeland for awhile. Really bizarre charismatic stuff. I've yet to see him roll around on the floor yet though.

edit on 4-15-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Why thank you, but If you ever met my mum as saw her raise that disapproving eyebrow you'd understand why I stay quiet
(joke)
Being Christianlike doesn't mean anything to me. Being kind and understanding does. But hey I can be a jerk like all of us, A uniquely human condition.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

You say all of this, and then you say this...

...and nullify everything you said previously.
Why do I need to walk a better path, turn from sin, repent, and sin no more, when I don't believe in these biblical teachings to begin with? They are Christian. Not secular. They have nothing to do with me. This is one of the many issues with Christianity I have. They project their beliefs on everyone else, and expect those who aren't Christian to live by Christian doctrine. Presumptuous is not a strong enough word to describe the arrogance displayed by this kind of world-view.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Entreri06

I think social connection is defn part of church attendance. I also know that all the old ducks check me out from top to bottom and cast a judgmental eye on all. But for the most part, I think they mean well, there are plenty of people who go to enhance their spiritual side, I don't think it is that devious of all of them.
Majority are just doing the best they can, like the rest of us shmos.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join