It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

i am sorry but i gotta say the catholic people are great, it's the papacy that is spooky action at a distance.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Exactly. And equally as many self-described "Christians" would say the same about mega-church millionaires: that those preachers also are not "Christians".
edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

So - does that mean you support censoring what people think? It's just very ironic, when you think about it.

Because it matters to non-Christians how they are portrayed, too. Or - do you not see that??

It was to point out that the OP is spot on in her efforts - there is more than plenty of Christian haters here.

Regarding the moderators - I think 'moderating' a website is a joke.

Why anyone feels the need to moderate anyone else is beside me. Why anyone would want to moderate anyone else is beside me.

I don't think there should be any moderation except for posting illegal nonsense.

Similarly, I don't think there should be any anti-discrimination laws.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

possibly, although i can't say they have enough clout globally to effect whether or not catholics are pulled out of their cathedrals and beheaded in the street, whereas i know the pope could stop that and is choosing not to.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

It was to point out that the OP is spot on in her efforts - there is more than plenty of Christian haters here.

Yet, oddly, almost every participant has said "NO" they are not "Christian-haters".

And that's why the thread is still alive.

We who are accused (and myself directly so) have answered the OP's question, directly, and are still accused of being "haters". So, who gets to decide if members are "haters" or not? The person assumed to be thinking the thoughts of hate or not-hate, answering the OP question, and stating their stance (like myself)? Or the paranoid, victim-mentality "Christian" who says all of those people are lying (and in some cases that Catholics aren't Christians)??

I'm not a Catholic OR a Christian, but I was raised in a mainstream Protestant faith - the one that, incidentally, sprang from the English Reformation - and I have NEVER been taught that "Catholics aren't Christians". It's just - WRONG.

Catholics ARE, and HAVE ALWAYS BEEN "Christians".
??
The ignorance is blinding.

ETA: Whether any self-described Christian "behaves" as they are expected to do (according to 'Christ's teachings') is beside the point...for any member of any "Christian" denomination. SAYING one is a Christian is not DOING what a Christian is obliged to do (according to their faith).

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It's easy to say, "I don't hate Christians."

It's also easy to look back and say, "I've never said, I hate Christians".

Point 1. True Christians could give a rats ass. There are always people that are going to hate.

Point 2. People can hate all day long and never say the words, I hate Christians", and yet, can still hate Christians.

Point 3. The OP never called out any single individual. So why are so many responding? I think it is because they've been accused of hating Christianity in the past. Probably because of something they wrote.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Point 1. True Christians could give a rats ass. There are always people that are going to hate.

Point 2. People can hate all day long and never say the words, I hate Christians", and yet, can still hate Christians.

So, then - they are lying by default?

Point 3. The OP never called out any single individual. So why are so many responding? I think it is because they've been accused of hating Christianity in the past. Probably because of something they wrote.

And do they not have the right - nay, the obligation and moral compulsion - to establish what they REALLY THINK? TO DENY that they are "haters"?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

incorrect. for a long time (dark ages), all christians were pope-ians, not christians. now their christians. it wasn't their fault either because papacy hid the teachings from them. see ya can't say you're a christian if you don't actually try to follow what jesus taught and they weren't taught what jesus taught before the printing press. they were taught whatever was politically expedient (that's what happens when church and state merge)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I've heard some Christians say they hate the sin, not the sinner.

In your opinion, does that mean they really hate the sinner?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

So Christians who call out the haters are hating and are also haters?

Haters hating haters who hate are hurting haters who hate the haters hate, when they see hating on the haters hating haters posts!

(now i'm car sick)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

incorrect. for a long time (dark ages), all christians were pope-ians, not christians. now their christians.
I will not dispute that - you are right.
I think of them as "Paulians".

BUT - THEY think of themselves as "Christians". Mega-church pastors think of Catholics as "non-Christians", yet espouse war in the Middle East and call themselves "Christians".

Who is right? Who is following the words of Christ? That is a case-by-case thing....
and when someone is accused of being a "hater", and stands up to say,

"No, sorry, I'm not a hater - here's what I think"

they are still labelled as a hater.

Where does it end?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I've heard some Christians say they hate the sin, not the sinner.

In your opinion, does that mean they really hate the sinner?

I've never understood that other than in relation to forgiveness.

In some soup kitchens, it was said alot because there'd be drug abusers and petty criminals but we treated them all like brothers because while we recognized that it was a sin to steal, we wouldn't condemn the person.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

AaAAahhh!
lol!! I see what you did there.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The thread entries would beg to differ....

and anyway - where did the OP go?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Exactly! I think that is all most people in this thread are saying. They recognize some negative traits or behaviors from some Christians, but they don't condemn all Christians for it.

You may have seen my response to the OP a few pages back. In case you didn't, I will say again. I don't particularly hate Christians. I dislike many, for varying reasons. I don't broad brush all Christians and I base my feelings on a person by person basis. To say that means I hate them is a little extreme. Being Christian is only one part of who they are. More or less anyway. If I hated Christians I would have a hard time loving my family members. I've had some gear grinding discussions with some Christians here at ATS but I don't hate them. I wouldn't even say there are any I particularly dislike.

Religion itself is where most of my animosity falls.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Personally?

I'm a lousy Christian.

I'm rude, I dislike people, I hate people, I have a hard time forgiving others.

I'm an asshole.

But I'm trying to be a better person. And embracing the teachings of Jesus has certainly helped.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

But I'm trying to be a better person. And embracing the teachings of Jesus has certainly helped.

Well! Thank God and all angels for THAT, anyway!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Well! Thank God and all angels for THAT, anyway!!!

You think I'm bad now? Imagine my attitude before I started going to church!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

You think I'm bad now? Imagine my attitude before I started going to church!

Hey, man.

Whatever works.
However, I don't want to imagine your attitude prior -
I prefer to stay centered and deal with the
clear and present danger that is
'now'.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Yet, oddly, almost every participant has said "NO" they are not "Christian-haters".

And that's why the thread is still alive.

We who are accused (and myself directly so) have answered the OP's question, directly, and are still accused of being "haters". So, who gets to decide if members are "haters" or not? The person assumed to be thinking the thoughts of hate or not-hate, answering the OP question, and stating their stance (like myself)? Or the paranoid, victim-mentality "Christian" who says all of those people are lying (and in some cases that Catholics aren't Christians)??

I'm not a Catholic OR a Christian, but I was raised in a mainstream Protestant faith - the one that, incidentally, sprang from the English Reformation - and I have NEVER been taught that "Catholics aren't Christians". It's just - WRONG.

Catholics ARE, and HAVE ALWAYS BEEN "Christians".
??
The ignorance is blinding.

ETA: Whether any self-described Christian "behaves" as they are expected to do (according to 'Christ's teachings') is beside the point...for any member of any "Christian" denomination. SAYING one is a Christian is not DOING what a Christian is obliged to do (according to their faith).

I guess Christians must get to decide how we feel about things... We don't get to decide our personal feels, home will tell us how we feel....

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join