It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I'd quote it but it was removed by one of the moderators.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

No man can judge another's worth before God - only God knows the content of a man's soul.

(in my Jon Stewart voice)

Ok, ok, I'm pleasantly surprised you didn't take the high road route I expected, in damning me to eternal hell...

I do know there some very specific scriptural references regarding faith in God, and in the One He sent.

They would trouble me greatly - and apparently trouble many, many countless souls greatly.

Or...did you? Nice little subtle jab of innocuous religious intimidation.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

That does not somehow make anything better. I'm not sure what you were trying to say there?

No, it absolutely does not make anything "better". It just adds to the evidence that (in my mind) accumulates to demonstrate Abrahamic religions having an undeniable history of warfare and hatred amongst themselves. For, what - 2000 years now? And also, FOR WHAT?

Absurd.

But, like I've said before - we're trying, but human progress is a painfully SLOW process.

edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: grammar!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Well...then - it doesn't matter. Right?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How in the hell has this topic really gone on for 14 pages???

2nd.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Defensiveness. You know.

edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: add question to which I am replying.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

2nd.

Certainly not because of those just answering the question of the OP.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

2nd.

"Cause haters gotta hate, hate, hate"
-Taylor Swift

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

2nd.

The hellbound heathens became restless, and it took a while to put us back in our place.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

-Taylor Swift

Dude...you listen to Taylor Swift?

Well, aside from that, who is the "haters" doin' the hate, hate, hate that "they"' gotta do, here?
Yawn
edit on 4/15/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Well...then - it doesn't matter. Right?

If you were a practicing Catholic, it would matter.

Kind of the point of the OP.

Sorry to keep things on topic.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If you were a practicing Catholic, it would matter.

Kind of the point of the OP.

Sorry to keep things on topic.

And like I've said:

The only people I have ever seen on here saying "Catholics are not Christians" is ......

CHRISTIANS who aren't Catholic.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is what I asked you:
"Well...then - it doesn't matter. Right?"

Because TrueBrit's remark was removed.....

And you said that to

a practicing Catholic it would matter.

So - does that mean you support censoring what people think? It's just very ironic, when you think about it.

Because it matters to non-Christians how they are portrayed, too. Or - do you not see that??

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

-Taylor Swift

Dude...you listen to Taylor Swift?

Yes. I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Well, aside from that, who is the "haters" doin' the hate, hate, hate that "they"' gotta do, here?
Yawn

If there weren't so much hate, I imagine that this thread would have died 12 pages ago.

Just sayin'

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That does not somehow make anything better. I'm not sure what you were trying to say there?

No, it absolutely does not make anything "better". It just adds to the evidence that (in my mind) accumulates to demonstrate Abrahamic religions having an undeniable history of warfare and hatred amongst themselves. For, what - 2000 years now? And also, FOR WHAT?

Absurd.

But, like I've said before - we're trying, but human progress is a painfully SLOW process.

The Abrahamic traditions ALL have laws against injustice and oppression.

Individual sociopaths, or those that ally with other sociopaths and disobey the laws of the Abrahamic faiths are not representative of the 'labels' they use.

You do know that people claiming to be Buddhists, Sikh, Druze, Rastafarians, Voodoo, Mandaeans, Jains, Shinto, Pagans, Taoists, Hindus, Wiccans and Zoroastrians have persecuted those of other faiths?

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

it's my anthem (except for going on too many dates! already got my sweety and have had him for over 30 years. )!

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I love overused, played out phrases!

HATERZ YOLO SWAG WIT 360 NOSCOPE $krubl0rdz!

*has an MLG meltdown*

first 13 pages were grrreat.
edit on 15-4-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If there weren't so much hate, I imagine that this thread would have died 12 pages ago.

Just sayin'

Yeah -

just sayin'. The reason it's not dead is because people who've been accused of being "haters" are protesting and trying to express themselves. It's the ones who think that others "hate Christians" who keep it going, despite the claims and clarifications of those who are "accused" of being haters that they, in fact, arent "haters" (as labelled).

(This does not include the OP - his thread was very relevant.)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Yep. But that's hardly reason to expound the continuation of divisive "religious ideation". None of them are "better" than the others, or "more right" than the others (of course, I'm not speaking of sociopaths/psychopaths, who respect no one).

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: grandmakdw

And you have aided me quite well in making my point about Christophobia.

When you said Christians think, you are referring to ALL Christians by default, and yes I take it quite personally.

I am simply defending my right not be be slandered because of my religion.
Not to have rampant bigotry and prejudice thrown at me because of my religion.

Why does the argument always devolve into idiotic semantics?

When I say "people think xxxx," it's implied that I don't mean EVERY person EVERY WHERE.

Why is it that SOME Christians feel the need to pounce on that part of a person's statement in an effort to discredit the argument instead of just admitting "you're right, some Christians do think that"? It makes you look like you can't counter the argument with a decent response so you resort to nitpicking the grammar.

These discussions always turn into "You said 'Christians think' instead of 'most Christians think' and that makes your statement wrong because I'm an exception to the rule durpadurp!"

It happens in every single thread that devolves into a religious debate (which, regrettably, seems to be most of them).

The simple answer is that words mean things and sweeping generalizations are rarely helpful in any discussion. Let me give you a totally non-religious example...

I own a pit bull and have for the last 10 years. It is not uncommon for people to make statements along the lines of, "Pit bull owners just a bunch of drug dealers and thugs." Now, there are sadly many people who own pit bulls that fit this description. However, there of tons of pit bull owners who are responsible, law abiding citizens doing their best to not only do right by their own dogs, but by the breed at large. Therefore, when I hear someone make a statement like the one above, I'm on them like white on rice because not only is that a slap in the face of those that work so hard to do right by by the breed, but it has a discrediting effect the group as a whole, because after all who cares what a bunch of thugs say.

When you say "people are xyz" it's different, because you are talking about humans as a whole, not singling out one particular group of humans for generalization. Take the two statements, "People are violent" and "Black people are violent." There is only one word difference in that statement but that difference makes all the difference. Why? because you are dealing with human kind as a whole vs a particular group of humans.

I am a Christian who a is huge supporter of gay marriage. In fact, marriage equality is such a big deal to me that it is one of the key aspects I look for in a political candidate. As a Hoosier (and someone who lives about a half hour away from the now infamous pizza shop) I was so incredibly ashamed when Pence signed the "religious freedom" and was one of the many residents (Christian and otherwise), who spoke out against it. So yes, when someone says that Christians are anti-gay bigots it gets to me. Not only is this statement NOT true in many cases but it helps create an us vs them environment, which only pushes the discussion further off the rails.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join