It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Actually hate Christians??

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

now now buzzy, you know if we started dragging out the crimes of people of any particular world view, we would have plenty of ammunition to condemn the whole planet.

Interesting comment.

The sad thing is that powerful factions ARE condemning the whole planet to be ruined (via environmental pollution), and the human race to extinguish itself (with hatred and oppositional-defiant conduct-disordered obsession with having nuclear bombs and the capacity to annihiliate other peoples).

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Well said chrOnaught ... It is true that religious persecution is a fact ... as you pointed out

All religions face/have faced some form of persecution ...
I am non religious but take heart when I see others of different religions come together in mutual respect
It is the minority that are intolerant and murderous ... history is full of it ... we should defend the right of all religions to practice their choices in Peace

This bantering back and forth on this thread is small potato's ... the real persecution is happening out there in the world as you rightly pointed out

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

now now buzzy, you know if we started dragging out the crimes of people of any particular world view, we would have plenty of ammunition to condemn the whole planet.

Interesting comment.

The sad thing is that powerful factions ARE condemning the whole planet to be ruined (via environmental pollution), and the human race to extinguish itself (with hatred and oppositional-defiant conduct-disordered obsession with having nuclear bombs and the capacity to annihiliate other peoples).

so true. did you ever read protoplasmic traveller's "all roads lead to rome" thread? in it he claimed that rome created the bible, jesus, islam, judaism, and that now that the world had moved on from ancient superstitions, rome was preparing to throw the abrahamic world under the bus, as no longer useful. you should read it. i think he's frequently wrong (like i don't think they created jesus or judaism) but on the topic of abrahamic religions being no longer useful to rome, i find some startling corollaries. he goes into it, indepth. it's really quite disturbing.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You do have to remember, undo. You are a sect of Christianity all by yourself. Most Christians are mainstream in their doctrine, and take the bible at face value. Few have spent the thousands of hours you have to find out that bible has been grossly mistranslated and misinterpreted. My comments are based on the bible as it is, and the mainstream of Christian doctrine.

Not undoism.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well said ... I am sick of petty differences when there is so much crap happening out there ... Powerful people who care little for you are I or the Earth ... We should be united not divided ... As for God if he, she, it exists then there is only one ... religions should find common ground in this fact alone ... and if there is a god then the Earth is our given home for our short stay here ... and if there is no god then we owe it ourselves and each other to Care for one another and see how similar we all are rather than focus on petty differences and the ingenuous few who thrive by dividing us ... end of rant

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

well, the things i just quoted are face value in the text. what we don't comprehende when we first start studying, just goes whoosh over our heads in favor of whatever is easier to digest. it's incremental. and then daily drudge interrupts. survival interrupts. etc. so percentage wise it's probably proportionate to how much time you have available to study.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I have not read that thread. I shall do so. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I have not read that thread. I shall do so. Thanks for the tip.

Well worth the read, V.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Not long after that, followers were tortured and executed as per government policy. This went on for nearly 400 years.

And then it went on at Gitmo and Abu Ghraib (sp?) -

Christianity has had significant persecution for most of its history, in most countries of the world.

So, that justifies modern 1st world Christians whining that they're being 'persecuted'?

Today, groups like Boko Haram and ISIS execute Christians, specifically targeting their Christian countrymen and burning the homes and churches of suspects.

Just kinda like the KKK did to blacks a century or so ago....right?

Yes, the problem is real, and current.

It is between Abrahamic factions, entirely!

Jews , Christians , and Muslims.

WHY????

Why can't they all just stop being intolerant, argumentative, judgmental, hateful, rabble-rousing war-mongers?

Really.

why?

Yes, the US government has abused human rights at Guantanamo Bay and Abu Gharib. That does not somehow make anything better. I'm not sure what you were trying to say there?

Here's a question for you - was Martin Luther King Jr, a Baptist minister and outspoken Christian, killed for espousing his beliefs? Why wouldn't that be an extreme example of persecution of a Christian in the US?

What about what happened at Waco? Couldn't that be regarded as religious persecution by the very government that purports to uphold the right of religious freedom?

Face it, churches have been burned and Christians have been killed or beaten merely because they were Christian, in the US. That is persecution. It happens in 1st world countries.

... and the governments of North Korea, China and the USSR (amongst many others) are hardly "Abrahamic factions". You should read a few of the links I posted because then you wouldn't have posted such an ill-informed and bigoted opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

that thread has over 600 flags. the stars are no longer visible because protoplasmic traveller either was banned from ats or resigned his membership. but you can rest assured if he had that many flags, he probably had just as many stars.

edit on 15-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I like Christians.

The problem is that most people who call themselves Christians are nothing of the sort. Including most who follow the Paulian Roman Church.

Christ taught love, respect and forgiveness. If you have any dislike for Muslims or homosexuals or bankers then you are not a Christian. Think about it ......

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Seamrog

If I was ranting about homosexuals, it would have been off-topic. The Topic of this thread is "Does anyone hate Christians". If you're sensitive about it, then perhaps the title is what you should object about and not the content.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet

Well said chrOnaught ... It is true that religious persecution is a fact ... as you pointed out

All religions face/have faced some form of persecution ...
I am non religious but take heart when I see others of different religions come together in mutual respect
It is the minority that are intolerant and murderous ... history is full of it ... we should defend the right of all religions to practice their choices in Peace

This bantering back and forth on this thread is small potato's ... the real persecution is happening out there in the world as you rightly pointed out

Thank you.

Many oppressors espouse one 'label' faith against another as justification for their evil but true followers of the major world faiths are tolerant by definition and accepting of those with different beliefs.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
I like Christians.

The problem is that most people who call themselves Christians are nothing of the sort. Including most who follow the Paulian Roman Church.

Big slab of roast beef right here.

Proving Grandmaw's point.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

I won't lose any sleep over what you may or may not consider about anyone or anything.

The point of my post was directed at the moderating armada.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw
This reply is to a post that you made in this thread, not necessarily the one I 'replied to' -----

One idiot said they weren't Christians, they were Catholics. That is how ignorant non-Christians are when it comes to religion.

Catholics are Christians. Always have been.

It must have been a Christian who said that - they are the only ones I have ever seen accuse Catholics of not actually being 'Christians'.

So - are there idiots amongst you?
Mistaken people who don't get the whole picture?

And - it was not, I guarantee you, some non-Christian who said that - or, if it was, they were 'beginners' in their seeking.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Catholics are Christians. Always have been.

TrueBrit would disagree with you.

Nastily.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Blessed are you, when men revile you, and persecute you, and speak all manner of evil against you falsely, because of me. Be glad and light-hearted, for a rich reward awaits you in heaven

What about the rest of us slandering a-holes? Don't we have a spot in heaven too? hmm I bet we do, neighbor! I can't wait to see the look on your face.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

TrueBrit would disagree with you.

Nastily.

What? I've never known TrueBrit to be nasty, OR to say that Catholics are not Christians.

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

What about the rest of us slandering a-holes? Don't we have a spot in heaven too? hmm I bet we do, neighbor! I can't wait to see the look on your face.

No man can judge another's worth before God - only God knows the content of a man's soul.

The ocean of the mercy of God is bigger than you, or I can understand.

I do know there some very specific scriptural references regarding faith in God, and in the One He sent.

They would trouble me greatly - and apparently trouble many, many countless souls greatly.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join