It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

they are reading the old testament

The funny part is that Sodom and Gomorrah weren't destroyed because of homosexuality.

I wouldn't say that they misinterpreted it. I would say that they ADDED to it.

You know the Revelation warning? Do not add anything to the Bible.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This article is a bit long...so I apologize, but it is somewhat relevant to our thread.
I consider myself to be a Christian, but IMO, THIS is an example of the worst of the so-called Christian side of this debate. There are extremists and crack pots in all religions, as well as in all political parties...but, when it comes to being vicious and despicable, this preacher (Joshua Feuerstein) definitely takes the cake.
He doesn't represent me, and contrary to what some of you here may say or think, just as ISIS doesn't represent most Muslims, this lunatic doesn't represent most Christians.

Longwood bakery takes heat for refusing to make anti-gay cake

When a caller asked Sharon Haller to make a sheet cake with an anti-gay-marriage message, the Longwood baker thought it was a prank and hung up.

But a day later, Haller was still dealing with threats and other fallout after a video of the conversation was posted online.

"People said we should go kill ourselves," said Haller, owner of Cut the Cake bakery. "They are being very threatening."

The video was only online for a few hours, but it was long enough for supporters of the caller — Arizona evangelist Joshua Feuerstein — to barrage the bakery with phone calls and Facebook messages containing insults, threats and accusations of being anti-Christian.

In the Thursday video, Feuerstein calls the bakery and says, "We need a sheet cake, and we need it to say, 'We do not support gay marriage.'"

"Is this a crank call?" Haller asks. "No, we wouldn't do that. Sorry."

After Haller hung up, Feuerstein continued in the nearly four-minute video to criticize her, the bakery and gay-marriage supporters for being intolerant of religious beliefs.

The video was taken down, but Cut the Cake re-posted it Friday.

Cyndol Knarr, Haller's daughter who works at the bakery, said they put it back up after the wave of criticism turned into support.

"Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! For standing up for what is right," said one Facebook post.

The video came after this week's controversial proposed law in Indiana allowing businesses to decline service based on religious beliefs, including opposition to homosexuality and gay marriage.

"We had hundreds of calls. It was every 30 seconds," Haller said in an interview Friday.

Haller said she has spoken with the FBI and has been asked to keep track of calls.

"We're just kind of scared right now," Haller said.

FBI officials could not be reached for comment.

The video could violate a Florida law that requires consent of all parties to record a telephone conversation, said Andrea Flynn Mogensen, a Sarasota lawyer who specializes in civil-liberty cases.

"The same statute that criminalizes recording phone calls also criminalizes posting it and publishing it," Mogensen said.

The law applies even if the call was placed from outside Florida. Recording conversations without consent is a third-degree felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Feuerstein has a history of attacking atheists and gay-marriage proponents. According to his website, he is a former pastor in Fountain Hills, Ariz., and a "former television and radio evangelist who now uses social media to share his personal story of redemption and the hope of how Jesus Christ can heal a hurting heart!"

He did not respond to e-mail requests for comment.

Cut the Cake does not advertise itself as a gay or gay-friendly bakery, but it has appeared on third-party websites as a business that has done work for gay weddings.

"We work with the gay community; we work with everybody of all religions or whoever," Haller said.

www.sun-sentinel.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

As far as them being targeted that's for various reasons. But who isn't targeted. Every group is targeted everywhere. But again I think some of it comes from the fact that your organization has become Sinister by some of the insider Dominionists and Reconstructionists.

When some groups lash out it's because of them. It's because these powerful insiders and their followers have been causing a lot of trouble in your name. I don't mean just making people mad either. I mean they are up to no good very bad things. But from the outside you can't tell who's who.

To the outside it's just a whole lot of people all calling themselves Christians. Everything from the local church with a pastor who you might know and even been to your house for dinner all the way to the "God hates Fags" Crew and all variations in between. That is confusing and difficult for other people to figure out who thinks what and who is doing what.

Similar to how all Muslims are being viewed now by people who don't take time to figure out that they aren't all terrorists. The same happened to the Japanese during the war. As it always is and continues to be today..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

lol they are reading old testament laws against deviant sex. you have to understand the life of an israelite was so highly regulated, everything single thing they did had a law of some kind, regulating it. even what food remains they disposed of, were disposed in a particular way and certain foods were not allowed to be disposed of at the same time. how they slept in bed, was a certain way. every single waking moment was a constant stream of laws they had to abide by and each had a divine purpose in their minds. it must've been extremely hard to do. to top it off, their numbers were not particularly large, and as a result, they were very survival conscious - from what foods were good for them, to what types of materials they should wear on their skin and so on. homosexuality was likely frowned upon because they needed more israelites, literally.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

it's not an organization. just to give you some idea: jehovah's witnesses have nothing in common (other than jesus) with baptists. baptists have nothing in common with pentecostals (other than jesus). mormons have nothing in common with protestants or catholics. catholics have nothing in common with protestants. and on and on. there's no one big kahuna these people all answer to, except of course, jesus.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wow, he's a new one I haven't heard of yet.

Something is wrong with people like that and it's infecting it's everything now by people like him. It's all really just a form of deceptive cancerous lies and it's found everywhere. It seems that all organizations, even ones that previously stood for good things and good reasons have all been hijacked from the inside by radicals within it's ranks that are now in power of those same organizations and are hell bent on using them as weapons against everyone, themselves included. It's madness.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Even that seems strange to me. I mean the fact that you all call yourselves Christians but apparently Pentacostals are separate from Evangelicals and then Baptists etc etc....I mean that is just crazy confusing for anyone that doesn't know these things. I can't keep em straight and I went to a baptist church when I was younger and live in a religious conservative town.

There is no way in hell anyone is going to know who's who with everyone using the same title but internally going by completely different sets of rules and scripture. I think that is part of why there is so much misdirected anger and blame all the time. Nobody can keep it all straight except you who are members and even some of them have a hard time knowing the difference sometimes.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

i think it's worse than that. i don't think "god" was the one who destroyed it. why would god have to come down to earth to see first hand if sodom and gomorrah were as bad as he had heard? if he's god, he could see it from heaven. heck our satellites can see stuff on earth "from the heavens", so i'm not buying that god destroyed sodom and gomorrah. further, when you look at the words in the original hebrew in those verses, you start to get the idea that the 3 men that showed up at abe's tent were the pharaoh and 2 of his body guards . hehe

i could be wrong, but i don't think so. pharaohs were a mysterious lot. i think they had alot more going on than we know.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

oh it's good that there's so many. imagine how coordinated it would all be if we were all still catholics. egads, don't even go there.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Yeah that is true. I have been to many different churches. They all have common beliefs, just a few minor things that are different based on their interpretations and philosophies.

One thing is for sure... they ARE Christians regardless of minor interpretations.

I've had Baptists tell me that they are nowhere near what the Catholics believe and yet they are the ones who got their beliefs from Catholics!

So yeah it does get blurry.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
I also wonder if the Christian Defense Brigade we see in every thread will come in here and defend the "right of these Muslim bakeries to deny service to anyone."

I hate every religion equally and I don't think that any religion should be exempt from the same scrutiny that Christians receive.

In America you DO have the right to refuse service to ANYONE at anytime. You just cant make it about Race or Religion ( THEIR RELIGION NOT YOURS. You better find another reason and stick with it if you dislike their race or religion. You do have the right to refuse to do something that you do not want to do as a business or worker!!! Don't believe the BS the media is trying to force on us Christians. Anyone can sue you at anytime for the dumbest crap anymore, winning is a whole other matter. If anyone tries to sue you for something dumb like this, get a really good attorney, Win and then counter sue for a boat load of money!!! Or just find another country to live in because this one is starting to fall to the Satanic crowd very fast.

The problem here is their is a massive attack on Christians or this would not even be an issue! Its the same bash Conservative America and Christians crowd that need to be forced out of this country, starting with the wannabee commander and chief.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

aye but the difference is, they had no clue what the bible actually said till the enlightenment, when the printing press was created and the bible published in english and german. suddenly people realized the laws the papacy had been forcing on them in the guise of christianity, were not in the bible at all. lol thus began atheism, agnoticism, protestanism, occultism, and so on. i mean all of those (except protestantism) were already around in varying degrees. but the protestants were former catholics who were like really shocked about what the text actually said, and left the catholic church in droves.

the other big difference was, the papacy or rather the pope, was the final arbiter of their religion, where many protestants believe jesus is the final arbiter. huge difference. i mean huge.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I've had Baptists tell me that they are nowhere near what the Catholics believe and yet they are the ones who got their beliefs from Catholics!

So yeah it does get blurry.

Are you HIGH? Baptist get their religion from John the Baptist LMAO. You know, Jesus' cousin!!! The one who was his mentor!! Catholics came a lot later. Thanks for the laughs.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
a reply to: Annee

i don't blame gays for that. what i'm saying is more gays are born into high population areas.

More everything is born into high population areas.

High population areas tend to be the higher educated, and fewer children.

Also, higher population areas tend to be cities, more liberal, and more diverse.

Less populated areas, rural areas tend to be less educated, more religious, more children, less diverse.

A gay person in a rural area us more likely to stay in the closet until he moves away.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

forcing people is not a good plan. been saying that this entire thread. forcing christians, forcing non-christians, same problem. what happened to brush the dust off your feet?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

re you HIGH? Baptist get their religion from John the Baptist LMAO. You know, Jesus' cousin!!! The one who was his mentor!! Catholics came a lot later.

LOL cute.

During the Protestant Reformation, the Church of England (Anglicans) separated from the Roman Catholic Church. There were some Christians who were not content with the achievements of the mainstream Protestant Reformation.

Historians trace the earliest Baptist church back to 1609 in Amsterdam, with John Smyth as its pastor.[3] Even prior to that, in 1606, John Smyth, a Fellow of Christ's College, Cambridge, had broken his ties with the Church of England. Reared in the Church of England, he became "Puritan, English Separatist, and then a Baptist Separatist," and ended his days working with the Mennonites.

en.wikipedia.org...

More reading here:
www.patheos.com...

Thanks for the laughs.

Thanks for making me laugh more.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

there's some research on this on a rat population or mouse population (one of those), regarding the change in behavior, whether sexual or otherwise, in high density populations, and there's a pretty strong uptick, percentage wise, in gay mice the more dense the population. if i remembering this correctly. and we are seeing the same thing in human populations.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

So your going to try and say that Christians were not Christians as in Baptist before Catholics?? LOL, That is some funny stuff right there, I do care who you are.

Jesus learned the old testament from John the Baptist lol. The disciples of Jesus spread John and Jesus teachings, then after Jesus death the Roman Emperor Constantine knew his man in Israel had really screwed up after his wife had told him about Jesus being who he was and how he was killed, he then started Christianity in a large way after!!!

Catholics started in Mid-evil times. Long after.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

there's some research on this on a rat population or mouse population (one of those), regarding the change in behavior, whether sexual or otherwise, in high density populations, and there's a pretty strong uptick, percentage wise, in gay mice the more dense the population. if i remembering this correctly. and we are seeing the same thing in human populations.

You'd have to show me the report.

I'd have to know who did it, and for who.

Grants are not given out to just anyone, and usually have an agenda.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   
here's a quote from an article about it

In a 1962 edition of Scientific American, the ecologist John B Calhoun presented the results of a macabre series of experiments conducted at the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH).1 He had placed several rats in a laboratory in a converted barn where – protected from disease and predation and supplied with food, water and bedding – they bred rapidly. The one thing they were lacking was space, a fact that became increasingly problematic as what he liked to describe as his “rat city” and “rodent utopia” teemed with animals. Unwanted social contact occurred with increasing frequency, leading to increased stress and aggression. Following the work of the physiologist, Hans Selye, it seemed that the adrenal system offered the standard binary solution: fight or flight.2 But in the sealed enclosure, flight was impossible. Violence quickly spiralled out of control. Cannibalism and infanticide followed. Males became hypersexual, pansexual and, an increasing proportion, homosexual. Calhoun called this vortex “a behavioural sink”. Their numbers fell into terminal decline and the population tailed off to extinction.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join