It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: beezzer

I don't think she was offended - just pointing out the hipocracy of someone saying everyone should be able to say what they want even if it makes someone else mad, and then that same someone telling someone to shut up when they say something that makes him mad. Do you want people to say anything they want, or do you want them to shut up when you don't like what they say? Which is it?

Don't bother... the bunny is the biggest hypocrite on ATS.
Best to just ignore.

link   

Were feelings hurt? Did you miss any work as a result of your hurt feelings?

Why don't you quit trying to bully people beezzer and join in the discussion instead. Really - you couldn't be more obvious

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

free speech and intelligent debate?

Sorry.

I must have missed your posts supporting Christian rights and where you were defending their beliefs even though you don't feel the same way.

Care to post a link?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Were feelings hurt? Did you miss any work as a result of your hurt feelings?

Why don't you quit trying to bully people beezzer and join in the discussion instead. Really - you couldn't be more obvious

I'm not the one hating.

You and others are doing quite well in that regard.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

interesting thought.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: NavyDoc

They haven't been asked. They just voiced an opinion. So I guess you like punishing people for having an opinion different than yours even if they have actually done nothing to anyone. That's so "enlightened" of you.

They said that they would never refuse a gay person who wanted to eat at their restaurant, so what's the problem?

Where have a punished anyone? I am not involved in the backlash at all... I have no dog in the fight.
I just like to see that people still stand up for what's right, despite the state of the world and the stresses and strains of life, people are willing to come together to let some bigoted homphobes know what's what.

I've told you what the problem is time and time again.

Go read.

Sigh. You agree with the people being hurt for just holding an opinion. They have not refused anyone service. They have not turned anyone away, they have not refused a single service--they just answered several stupid questions from a reporter and they answered every question in a non-discriminatory way save one and you are happy with them being persecuted for it--for just answering ONE of the several questions in a way you dislike. Any you seriously consider yourself tolerant and can't see the hypocrisy in your stance? Really?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I must have missed your posts supporting Christian rights and where you were defending their beliefs even though you don't feel the same way.

Did you get YOUR feelings hurt? :-)

I will always support a person's right to believe what they want to believe and practice their faith

I cannot support legally sanctioned bigotry

Stick to the subject - if you can. If people don't reply the way you want them to, maybe instead of telling them to shut up you could just not reply

You know - like usual

:-)

link   

originally posted by: blupblup
The yelp reviews are hilarious and the fake site that was set up had me in stitches.

While I completely disagree with the owners on both moral and business grounds I find the hateful Yelp entries to be just as intolerant as what they are purportedly decrying. I do not think this is the method I would employ to try and sway people to my position neither does it display tolerance for differing viewpoints (wrong as they may be).

I would have much preferred to see them use an approach that showed that they are tolerant human beings and that these so-called Christians should be more like them instead of hypocritical a-holes.

link   
a reply to: Logarock

And its nothing like Saudi Arabia unless you are thinking about how they have driven christians and churches underground and out of sight of daily life.

It's coming, I know churches that already have their safe houses and have had for years.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Show me where I hated beezzer - and if you can - I will apologize

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Sigh. You agree with the people being hurt for just holding an opinion. They have not refused anyone service. They have not turned anyone away, they have not refused a single service--they just answered several stupid questions from a reporter and they answered every question in a non-discriminatory way save one and you are happy with them being persecuted for it--for just answering ONE of the several questions in a way you dislike. Any you seriously consider yourself tolerant and can't see the hypocrisy in your stance? Really?

As I've pointed out numerous times.... the ONLY hypocrites are the Pizzeria owners.
They would happily cater to ALL weddings of other sins, far worse sins than being gay... yet they single out gays for discrimination.

This is not about their religious freedoms.
This is pure disrcimination and they deserve everything they get.
The market will decide and I hope it decides that their business goes bust.

Anything else?

Shall I keep repeating my point some more... sunk in yet?

edit on 2/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

While I completely disagree with the owners on both moral and business grounds I find the hateful Yelp entries to be just as intolerant as what they are purportedly decrying. I do not think this is the method I would employ to try and sway people to my position neither does it display tolerance for differing viewpoints (wrong as they may be).

I would have much preferred to see them use an approach that showed that they are tolerant human beings and that these so-called Christians should be more like them instead of hypocritical a-holes.

Hey - that's humour for you man, some people find it funny and others don't.
Like I said, I don't have a dog in the fight but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this and thought the response and reaction to this was absolutely spot on.

We don't live in that decent world where people fight fair any more... intolerance and religious intolerance especially is now getting more and more crazy that people have to do what they can.

It's not my method for sure but I'm not going to knock them, I'm not going to say they shouldn't have done it and I'm certainly not going to say that they weren't hilarious.

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I find the hateful Yelp entries to be just as intolerant as what they are purportedly decrying. I do not think this is the method I would employ to try and sway people to my position neither does it display tolerance for differing viewpoints (wrong as they may be).

Yelp is the power today.

I read an article recently on the "Power of Yelp" - - - it is today's "word of mouth".

link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I'm all for your right to be a Christian and hold whatever view you wish, but -- I am curious orange. Why do you take a principled and moral stand against gay marriage, but not against wearing polyester? I'm not trying to start a fire, but I am genuinely curious. It feels as if many are picking and choosing which sins they wish to lionize in others?

The old biblical adage about the splinter in my neighbors eye, versus the plank in my own seems apropo.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

MArrying same sex used to be illegal too remember? It is only a matter of time till beastiality or pedophilia is where the gay issue is these days. but if you are supportive of the gay weddings you should support all weddings because thats the FAIRNESS our president says he wants for all people and americans. Therefore your view is hypocritical.

If a man wants to marry a horse i wont stop him but i wont attend it either cause i do not believe thats right in my opinion.
I have a quandry here. Eventually i want to transistion to female ok? I do not like guys though. Males just make me want to barf in all honesty when i think about having sex with one. Anyway this would make me a lesbian in the publics eyes after i get my sex change.

Now if i go to get married one day to another woman and i ask to have it catered and they tell me politely that according to their relgious beliefs they cannot do it thats fine. Id still likely go to said business for anything else. These People give everyone a bad name when they try to bully these businesses into doing what they want them to do.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Logarock

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I don't think she was offended - just pointing out the hipocracy of someone saying everyone should be able to say what they want even if it makes someone else mad, and then that same someone telling someone to shut up when they say something that makes him mad. Do you want people to say anything they want, or do you want them to shut up when you don't like what they say? Which is it?

Do I have to make a "Butt-hurt Statute of 2015 Apology" to you as well?

Were feelings hurt?
Did you miss any work as a result of your hurt feelings?

Gee, how about being just as tolerant and forgiving as what you demand from Christians.

I must say, you're really epitomizing your commentary on divisiveness, Beezzer!

Way to go working toward greater unity here at ATS!

Who would ever call you a hypocrite?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

MArrying same sex used to be illegal too remember? It is only a matter of time till beastiality or pedophilia is where the gay issue is these days.

Marriage doesn't have a victim. It is a consensual joining by adults.

Animals and children can not give consent.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

Show me where I hated beezzer - and if you can - I will apologize

You're much too subtle for overt hatred.

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

It's funny that I've been attacked because, even though I think the law is wrong, I won't attack people who happen to believe differently.

Instead, I call out those of you who condemn people for not being tolerant, while you show a distict lack of tolerance yourself.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

MArrying same sex used to be illegal too remember? It is only a matter of time till beastiality or pedophilia is where the gay issue is these days. but if you are supportive of the gay weddings you should support all weddings because thats the FAIRNESS our president says he wants for all people and americans. Therefore your view is hypocritical.

No it isn't a matter of time at all... people, especially those opposed to gay marriage or gay rights, always seem to try and equate Bestiality and/or Paedophilia to homosexuality.
There are NO similarities... zero.

Two consenting adults over the legal age should be able to love and marry whichever sex they like.

If a man wants to marry a horse i wont stop him but i wont attend it either cause i do not believe thats right in my opinion.

Does the horse get a say?
Your comparisons are frankly pathetic and you clearly do not understand this issue or argument AT ALL....

As for your other issues/questions start a thread, this is not the thread for it.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join