It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Strawberry88

Who asked anybody to accept them??? Do you announce your bisexuality and expect to be loved for it? No?

Neither does anyone else.

The only entity in this tumult that has asked for "acceptance" is the Christians who want to break the laws and hide behind their so-called "religious beliefs."

The husband O'Conner stated in the SAME INTERVIEW that he was not sure about denying service to the Divorced because he himself had been divorced ... and while Jesus said nothing about same-sex marriage, He did specifically and LITERALLY condemn divorce.

What unmitigated freaking hypocrisy!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Annee

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

If I'm interested in a product, any product, offered to me by a public business - - - - I am NOT interested in your personal belief, issues, whatever.

I don't care if your grandmother just died. I'm only interested in the product.

You got beliefs? Keep them to yourself. You are a business - - - not a damn church.

Like I said, A complete lack of respect for anyone else's beliefs.

You're not a Damn Church - - - you're a public servicing business.

Get a Damn Clue!

So you feel that showing respect towards another person's beliefs are unnecessary. Regardless of that person's beliefs?

It is not relevant.

Become a Pastor or Minister and open a church if you think your belief is more important then your product.

What do you respect?

Obviously, you have no respect for anyone who believes differently than you. That is clear.

So you only respect those that believe the same as you?

If your product is good, I'll respect that and tell other people.

Your personal beliefs are not relevant.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: blupblup

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

You're comparing a marriage to and execution?

Well depending on the circumstances of the wedding it could be. What I was illustrating was that if you force someone to do something against their morals you are the one in the wrong. If the caterer was against the death penalty they should be able to deny service on moral grounds correct?

You are a business. A public business.

Not a church.

FORCING YOUR MORALS ON SOMEONE IS A VIOLATION OF THE LAW AND DISCRIMINATION. And "church" can be anywhere really as long as you are studying the bible with like minded people.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If all fifteen of you walk into my establishment and order pizza, you will be served pizza...with a smile and a "thank you", no questions asked.

However, if you ask me to come to your orgy planned that evening at the "Hell's Bell's Fun House" and cater the "event", I will respectfully decline. If my conscience rejects exposure to that behavior, I have the right not to have to look at it.

I have nothing against gays, btw. I object to anybody forcing another person to watch a behavior that goes against their beliefs.

But what has that got to do with anything? Nobody asked these people to attend the wedding.

Here's the quote

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no. We are a Christian establishment,”

NOBODY asked for catering...nobody is having a gay orgy... nobody is marrying a horse and nobody is marrying kids.

Honestly - the lengths you nutters go to to justify these bigots.

edit on 2/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: vonclod

did you read what i was responding to?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You've got that backwards. The law is all ABOUT forcing its morals on people. That is the point of having laws so that people obey a set list of morals.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You once called me a liar - 3 times - in a thread long ago....

A liar

Because you didn't like my position and you didn't feel like arguing yours

If I trusted you, I'd probably take this point seriously. But your posts do paint a distict picture that does not allow for such trust.

People see you beezzer. I see you

I'm not defending bigotry. But it is obvious that you equate Christianity to bigotry.

How do I equate Christianity to bigotry? Demonstrate this honestly and you will have regained some respect from me. Deflect and insult me once more - and I will never bother you again

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: blupblup

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

You're comparing a marriage to and execution?

Well depending on the circumstances of the wedding it could be. What I was illustrating was that if you force someone to do something against their morals you are the one in the wrong. If the caterer was against the death penalty they should be able to deny service on moral grounds correct?

You are a business. A public business.

Not a church.

FORCING YOUR MORALS ON SOMEONE IS A VIOLATION OF THE LAW AND DISCRIMINATION. And "church" can be anywhere really as long as you are studying the bible with like minded people.

Actually, depends on written law. Not personal opinion.

Which is different by state.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

How is it that an established business can't accept responsibility and stand up for the results of their own actions?

They announced their beliefs publicly. What percentage of their business was gay-oriented? Was it so large that the loss of it is going to destroy them?

If it was significant enough to put them under, what kind of business-person would have been so ... unwise ... as to announce publicly that they refuse service to such a large portion of their clientele?

And if not, what are they whining about? Surely they are going to get thousands of dollars in business from those who do support unfair business practices and overt discrimination whether under the guise of religious belief or not? (Note the mounting donations

When are these good Christian folks help responsible for their own actions? Won't god seem them through?
edit on 11Thu, 02 Apr 2015 11:39:24 -050015p112015466 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

as of April 2, 2015 12:30pm EST

$139,269
Raised by 4,877 people in 18 hours

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

$139,269

So. Am I suppose to care one way or the other?

Small fish - - - Big Pond.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I keep reading "forced", was anyone asked to join in on sex activities..or just asked to sell something to other human beings?

link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"

$139,269

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

You once called me a liar - 3 times - in a thread long ago....

A liar

Because you didn't like my position and you didn't feel like arguing yours

If I trusted you, I'd probably take this point seriously. But your posts do paint a distict picture that does not allow for such trust.

People see you beezzer. I see you

I'm not defending bigotry. But it is obvious that you equate Christianity to bigotry.

How do I equate Christianity to bigotry? Demonstrate this honestly and you will have regained some respect from me. Deflect and insult me once more - and I will never bother you again

You asked if I defended bigotry when we were dicussing Chirstianity.

So you don't equate bigotry with Chirstianity?

Please differentiate.

As for deflection and insults, I think most are guilty in this thread. Subtle or otherwise.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

They announced their beliefs publicly. What percentage of their business was gay-oriented? Was it so large that the loss if it is going to destroy them?

I would just love for a business to announce they are Atheist.

Then watch the hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

You speak of freedoms and respect of others beliefs.

WHERE ARE YOUR POSTS DEFENDING CHRISTIAN RIGHTS?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I keep reading "forced", was anyone asked to join in on sex activities..or just asked to sell something to other human beings?

did you read what i was responding to? i don't want you to think i'm for this sudden choice of not serving people based on their life choices (decision to marry). i actually feel badly for gays who are discriminated against (biology).
edit on 2-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

So you don't equate bigotry with Chirstianity?

Please differentiate.

I asked you to show me how I do

Goodbye beezzer

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The owners of the pizzeria may be honest hardworking folks, but they made a mistake of letting their ideology override their common sense and business sense.

Just because some newsgroup asks you a political question doesn't mean you have to oblige them. They painted a target on their backs and the free market responded. I don't believe they were hacked and even if they were you don't need a computer to make pizza.

Maybe they will weather this with the donations and hopefully learn a lesson. I think it was really dumb to answer about LGBT weddings in the first place. They make pizza so just how many weddings do they cater if any? Maybe pizza is big thing there.

If they do not wish to serve the public it may be a good idea to sell he business to someone who will.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join