It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: blupblup

MArrying same sex used to be illegal too remember? It is only a matter of time till beastiality or pedophilia is where the gay issue is these days. but if you are supportive of the gay weddings you should support all weddings because thats the FAIRNESS our president says he wants for all people and americans. Therefore your view is hypocritical.

No it isn't a matter of time at all... people, especially those opposed to gay marriage or gay rights, always seem to try and equate Bestiality and/or Paedophilia to homosexuality.
There are NO similarities... zero.

Two consenting adults over the legal age should be able to love and marry whichever sex they like.

If a man wants to marry a horse i wont stop him but i wont attend it either cause i do not believe thats right in my opinion.

Does the horse get a say?
Your comparisons are frankly pathetic and you clearly do not understand this issue or argument AT ALL....

As for your other issues/questions start a thread, this is not the thread for it.

edit on 2/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Hey - that's humour for you man, some people find it funny and others don't.

The point I was trying to make is not whether I found it funny (and some of the comments were very funny), it just struck me as crass, that a segment of society, with a long and well documented history of unfair treatment, could have been better served by taking the high road and teaching some intolerant people what true tolerance happens to be.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Logarock

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: beezzer

I don't think she was offended - just pointing out the hipocracy of someone saying everyone should be able to say what they want even if it makes someone else mad, and then that same someone telling someone to shut up when they say something that makes him mad. Do you want people to say anything they want, or do you want them to shut up when you don't like what they say? Which is it?

Do I have to make a "Butt-hurt Statute of 2015 Apology" to you as well?

Were feelings hurt?
Did you miss any work as a result of your hurt feelings?

Gee, how about being just as tolerant and forgiving as what you demand from Christians.

I must say, you're really epitomizing your commentary on divisiveness, Beezzer!

Way to go working toward greater unity here at ATS!

Who would ever call you a hypocrite?

I'm a hypocrite for illustrating and pointing out how hypocritical everyone else is?

Agian, the law is wrong, but I refuse to condemn Christians for thier personal beliefs.

Where is your support for Christians?

I guess I missed that post as well.

I'll wait for the link.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

So, you're not going to answer my question? Maybe you are just ashamed of your answer.

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
But what did they do, apart from having a belief you hate, to merit their ruination? Or do you agree with hurting people jsut for holding an unpopular belief?

Can you provide a source for the claim employees/owners have been hurt?

One party is claiming they can discriminate on religious grounds, the other objecting via freedom of speech. You can't have it both ways by expecting to be able to discriminate and deny those you discriminate against the right to reply.

It's not just an unpopular belief, it's one that's illegal in most if not all other first world countrys and a direct breach of international equality law which the US is championing.

When people make insanely stupid and hateful statements they should expect to be called out on it, it's how a civillised society functions. They'd recieve a similar treatment if they were honest and admitted they're homophobes, so why should they be treated any differently for putting words in a higher powers mouth? If anything Christians should be annoyed at the pizzeria for having the arrogance to think they know what goes on in gods mind.
edit on 2-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

link   

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

If I'm interested in a product, any product, offered to me by a public business - - - - I am NOT interested in your personal belief, issues, whatever.

I don't care if your grandmother just died. I'm only interested in the product.

You got beliefs? Keep them to yourself. You are a business - - - not a damn church.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Yelp is the power today.

I read an article recently on the "Power of Yelp" - - - it is today's "word of mouth".

I am a 'Yelp Elite' and use it regularly, particularly when I travel.

Yelp, unlike this site, is very poorly moderated and I have seen people, both in reviews and the Talk section, make some really obnoxious and disparaging comments which I think detract from the overall value of the site.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

MArrying same sex used to be illegal too remember? It is only a matter of time till beastiality or pedophilia is where the gay issue is these days. but if you are supportive of the gay weddings you should support all weddings because thats the FAIRNESS our president says he wants for all people and americans. Therefore your view is hypocritical.

Gotta love the go to slippery slope argument that allowing gay marriages means that later down the line we will be allowing animal marriages or child marriages. Though child marriages are already legal in certain states as you are allowed to marry as young as 15. So there you go.

I support all marriages where all parties give legal consent to the marriage. Animals nor children can give legal consent for a marriage.

If a man wants to marry a horse i wont stop him but i wont attend it either cause i do not believe thats right in my opinion.
I have a quandry here. Eventually i want to transistion to female ok? I do not like guys though. Males just make me want to barf in all honesty when i think about having sex with one. Anyway this would make me a lesbian in the publics eyes after i get my sex change.

Now if i go to get married one day to another woman and i ask to have it catered and they tell me politely that according to their relgious beliefs they cannot do it thats fine. Id still likely go to said business for anything else. These People give everyone a bad name when they try to bully these businesses into doing what they want them to do.

Just because you are ok with being discriminated against doesn't mean everyone else should be.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Sigh. You agree with the people being hurt for just holding an opinion. They have not refused anyone service. They have not turned anyone away, they have not refused a single service--they just answered several stupid questions from a reporter and they answered every question in a non-discriminatory way save one and you are happy with them being persecuted for it--for just answering ONE of the several questions in a way you dislike. Any you seriously consider yourself tolerant and can't see the hypocrisy in your stance? Really?

As I've pointed out numerous times.... the ONLY hypocrites are the Pizzeria owners.
They would happily cater to ALL weddings of other sins, far worse sins than being gay... yet they single out gays for discrimination.

This is not about their religious freedoms.
This is pure disrcimination and they deserve everything they get.
The market will decide and I hope it decides that their business goes bust.

Anything else?

Shall I keep repeating my point some more... sunk in yet?

But they haven't actually done anything to anyone. You like people getting hurt for answering a question in a way you don't like. Would you appreciate being hurt for holding an opinion someone else doesn't like? Do you support McCarthyism where people were punished for just holding beliefs?

It appears you enjoy the idea of punishing people for certain feelings, and therein lies the hypocrisy.

link   

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

You're comparing a marriage to and execution?
edit on 2-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

So, you're not going to answer my question? Maybe you are just ashamed of your answer.

What was your question?

Getting so much "love and respect" here, I must have missed it.

But as an aside, was it insulting? Was it rude? Was it an honest attempt at debate?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

If I'm interested in a product, any product, offered to me by a public business - - - - I am NOT interested in your personal belief, issues, whatever.

You got beliefs? Keep them to yourself. You are a business - - - not a damn church.

Like I said, A complete lack of respect for anyone else's beliefs.

link   

originally posted by: bastion

But what did they do, apart from having a belief you hate, to merit their ruination? Or do you agree with hurting people jsut for holding an unpopular belief?

Can you provide a source for the claim employees/owners have been hurt?

One party is claiming they can discriminate on religious grounds, the other objecting via freedom of speech. You can't have it both ways by expecting to be able to discriminate and deny those you discriminate against the right to reply.

It's not just an unpopular belief, it's one that's illegal in most if not all other first world countrys and a direct breach of international equality law which the US is championing.

So you agree in beliefs--not actions, beliefs--being illegal?

Can you provide a source that any gay person was hurt by the pizza people?

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hey - that's humour for you man, some people find it funny and others don't.

The point I was trying to make is not whether I found it funny (and some of the comments were very funny), it just struck me as crass, that a segment of society, with a long and well documented history of unfair treatment, could have been better served by taking the high road and teaching some intolerant people what true tolerance happens to be.

It's not like there was a gay meeting though is it?
It's not like the gays speak in one voice? Maybe some did exactly that? Maybe none of the responses were from actual LGBT people but were from liberal dogooders?

Who knows mate.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Yelp is the power today.

I read an article recently on the "Power of Yelp" - - - it is today's "word of mouth".

I am a 'Yelp Elite' and use it regularly, particularly when I travel.

Yelp, unlike this site, is very poorly moderated and I have seen people, both in reviews and the Talk section, make some really obnoxious and disparaging comments which I think detract from the overall value of the site.

True. Always those "children" just looking for attention.

I have seen Yelp sites monitored though. I think the Phenomenon grew faster then the service - - - which tends to happen in Tech World.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Where does CATERING a WEDDING for a gay couple got to do with denying them the right to marry? It dont. They were not denying them the right to marry each other. they were exercising their rights to NOT CATER it due to their moral stance supported by the constitution of the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

But they haven't actually done anything to anyone. You like people getting hurt for answering a question in a way you don't like. Would you appreciate being hurt for holding an opinion someone else doesn't like? Do you support McCarthyism where people were punished for just holding beliefs?

It appears you enjoy the idea of punishing people for certain feelings, and therein lies the hypocrisy.

What is the punishment these people have received?
Has the state dragged them before a hearing for their opinions? Have they been arrested for them? Did they have to talk in code and have secret meetings?

Your comparisons are frankly laughable...You're honestly not this stupid are you?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It's not like there was a gay meeting though is it?
It's not like the gays speak in one voice? Maybe some did exactly that? Maybe none of the responses were from actual LGBT people but were from liberal dogooders?

Possibly, but the entire mob mentality that was displayed on Yelp was rather sad.

If you look at how Dr. King pushed the Civil Rights Movement forward it was not by attacking his opponents, it was by passive, non-violent methods and he, and the movement, eventually triumphed.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Like I said, A complete lack of respect for anyone else's beliefs.

You're not a Damn Church - - - you're a public servicing business.

Get a Damn Clue!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join