It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: blupblup

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

You're comparing a marriage to and execution?

Well depending on the circumstances of the wedding it could be. What I was illustrating was that if you force someone to do something against their morals you are the one in the wrong. If the caterer was against the death penalty they should be able to deny service on moral grounds correct?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I have seen Yelp sites monitored though. I think the Phenomenon grew faster then the service - - - which tends to happen in Tech World.

They are, but not as well as here. I always compare other sites I visit to Above Top Secret as I feel it is very fairly, and rapidly, moderated as opposed to what I read or see elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
1. Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc: There would be no need for "protected classes" under the law if it were not for the human urge to discriminate against others unfairly.

2. The O'Connors made a public statement that they were refusing to service a portion of the public. Anything else is a misrepresentation, pure and simple.

3. Is there evidence of death threats? Or does that just fit in with the meme of Christian persecution?

4. The RFRA (1993) and every law that mimics it establishes extra-Constitutional religious rights. That is the problem with the laws.

5. The Constitution guarantees the free exercise of religion ... not a continual expansion of the boundaries of what religion is to cover whatever personal peccadilloes an individual has and exempt them from whatever laws they don't favor.

6. "Reporter babe"? REALLY? Wow. So a reporter for a local TV station goes to cover a story of local interest and gives local merchants a voice to state their beliefs ... yet, somehow this reporter is part of the vast conspiracy on the part of gays everywhere to destroy this little pizza joint? COME ON!

7. Well, if there is a Church of Social Media, it and its followers are covered under this IRFRA law ... so perhaps one should be careful about criticizing someone else's "religious beliefs" and claiming that their precious tenets are really hate filled because you know ... lawsuit ... that is if there actually were such a thing as the CSM beyond empty rhetoric.

8. 300,000 PLUS Christian churches in this country. Thousands of hours of Christian broadcasting every week. 80% of American regularly indentify themselves as Christians, yet, Christians are being tormented and forced to pray in basements.

The word for that is HORSEPUCKS.

9. A whole thread condemning the free speech of individuals, by those who supposedly love freedom and the Constitution, and yet, it is the folks exercising their rights that are causing "divisiveness." Nothing wrong with the logic there, is there?

10. As for the right-wing politically correct terms like "gay mafia" ... go blow bubbles. Again, HORSEPUCKS.

11. So now, exercise of free speech (guaranteed at least in theory in the same Amendment that guarantees religious freedom) and supporting the power of the free market is now "bullying" ... yeah, the right-wing loves it some political correctness, yeah.

12. And finally, I'd like to quote your Lord and Savior: "Let the one without sin cast the first stone." (I know His words don't apply to His followers, per se, but still ... )

link   
a reply to: beezzer

You're much too subtle for overt hatred.

You could easily say that about anyone. You want to accuse me of hatred, and perhaps hate speech - but you can't show me where this has even once occurred

I don't hate. Again - please show me how I'm wrong and you're right

I will absolutely stand against bigotry no matter who it comes from

If you ever read a single thing I've said on this forum you'd have to be honest and acknowledge that I am against certain things - but I am not against Christianity - or any other religion

You want to say I hate because then you won't have to argue. What you just did is not cool. Are you really an advocate of free speech or differing opinions then? When you don't feel like taking the time to argue your point or discuss, you accuse - you call people haters, then make a big show of their having their feelings hurt...

All I'm asking for - all I've ever asked for - is the discussion

How can you, as a Christian - defend bigotry? When people lash out, as they have in this story - as ugly as it is - how can you not understand that it's not persecution - it's anger at having been treated as less than - for centuries?

I'm giving you a chance to argue beezzer - will you take it?

edit on 4/2/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Possibly, but the entire mob mentality that was displayed on Yelp was rather sad.

If you look at how Dr. King pushed the Civil Rights Movement forward it was not by attacking his opponents, it was by passive, non-violent methods and he, and the movement, eventually triumphed.

As I said... not my tactic and not my fight.
We live in a cyber world these days my friend, certainly can't get things done the same way.
Dr King would be arrested just for protesting these days, if he could actually get the "permission" to protest.... times have changed a lot.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: undo
Interesting?..maybee a piss poor business decision is all, anyone who opens a business and then decides they are not going to service any segment of lawabiding citizen is a recipe for failure. This is a general statement as Im not sure what actually happened in the OP..a hypothetical I guess.

link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

If I'm interested in a product, any product, offered to me by a public business - - - - I am NOT interested in your personal belief, issues, whatever.

I don't care if your grandmother just died. I'm only interested in the product.

You got beliefs? Keep them to yourself. You are a business - - - not a damn church.

Like I said, A complete lack of respect for anyone else's beliefs.

You're not a Damn Church - - - you're a public servicing business.

Get a Damn Clue!

So you feel that showing respect towards another person's beliefs are unnecessary. Regardless of that person's beliefs?

link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Please provide the source to back uop your claim the owners were hurt. Where did I claim people were hurt by the pizzeria? I said they were being discriminated against, which they clearly are by being denied equal service.

It stopped being a belief and started being an action when they announced it to a public media. If they kept it private then fine but publicly announcing it is an action, not merely holding a belief.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Dr King would be arrested just for protesting these days, if he could actually get the "permission" to protest.... times have changed a lot.

I respectfully disagree. If turd buckets Sharpton and Jackson are not arrested, someone of Dr. Kings character would certainly not be arrested for peaceably protesting. I think the country could use a few more people with his demeanor and temperament.

link   

a reply to: blupblup

You guys afraid to let the market decide? Afraid to let the issue stand on its own with out making the "whites only" comparison?

I agree, let the market decide. If a business establishment doesn't want to serve a particular class of people, so be it. As long as they just decide to don't accept their patronage, and not badmouth and disparage the particular people they decide not to serve. If the majority of people don't accept their policy they'll take their business elsewhere and that particular business will suffer. I always thought a business owner has the right to serve who they choose. If you don't like it, take your business elsewhere.

Well they were serving them in the shop. They serve everybody in the shop. Just didn't want to serve outside the shop under the said conditions.

Well then if that's the case the store has an inconsistent, asinine policy and they deserve any fiscal damage as a result. I wonder if they have consistent moral policies across the board, like serving Catholic priests that were known to engage in pedophilia.

Normally when you cater a event you have to attend said event. Would you fault someone for not wanting to cater say a stanic ritual? OR a execution?

You're comparing a marriage to and execution?

Well depending on the circumstances of the wedding it could be. What I was illustrating was that if you force someone to do something against their morals you are the one in the wrong. If the caterer was against the death penalty they should be able to deny service on moral grounds correct?

You are a business. A public business.

Not a church.

link   

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Fighting intolerance with intolerance.

Oh boy, is it a great day to be human.

My thoughts exactly

What I really fail to understand is that, if you want EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET to accept you, then why don't you start first, by accepting that everyone IS different, including in their beliefs and thoughts?

I'm bisexual so don't want to hear anyone tell me how intolerant of gays I am, I'm not, but I'm tolerant for assholes who want to to business the way they see fit, even IF I don't like the way they do things. I'm not buying my pizza there and as long as they don't deliver their pies in boxes that say "gays are criminals" I don't see why the world needs to make THIS a thing to fight for, when in other places in the world people are still being sentenced to death for even denying their accusations of being gay.

I'm really starting to think that this is the MSM and nothing but the MSM. The internet has a lot of power, but one thing it doesn't have as much as the MSM is the power to FOCUS your attention on something. I see as much love and progress online as I do hate and intolerance, but the same can not be said for MSM imo.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Just a disregard and lack of respect for anyone who doesn't believe the same way as you do.

If I'm interested in a product, any product, offered to me by a public business - - - - I am NOT interested in your personal belief, issues, whatever.

You got beliefs? Keep them to yourself. You are a business - - - not a damn church.

Get a Damn Clue!

So you feel that showing respect towards another person's beliefs are unnecessary. Regardless of that person's beliefs?

It is not relevant.

Become a Pastor or Minister and open a church if you think your belief is more important then your product.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I respectfully disagree. If turd buckets Sharpton and Jackson are not arrested, someone of Dr. Kings character would certainly not be arrested for peaceably protesting. I think the country could use a few more people with his demeanor and temperament.

It was obviously hyperbole on my part...but my point stands, times have changed.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis

How can you, as a Christian - defend bigotry? When people lash out, as they have in this story - as ugly as it is - how can you not understand that it's not persecution - it's anger at having been treated as less than - for centuries?[/i]

I'm not defending bigotry. But it is obvious that you equate Christianity to bigotry.

I'm giving you a chance to argue beezzer - will you take it?

If I trusted you, I'd probably take this point seriously. But your posts do paint a distict picture that does not allow for such trust.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If all fifteen of you walk into my establishment and order pizza, you will be served pizza...with a smile and a "thank you", no questions asked.

However, if you ask me to come to your orgy planned that evening at the "Hell's Bell's Fun House" and cater the "event", I will respectfully decline. If my conscience rejects exposure to that behavior, I have the right not to have to look at it.

I have nothing against gays, btw. I object to anybody forcing another person to watch a behavior that goes against their beliefs.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Get a Damn Clue!

It is not relevant.

Become a Pastor or Minister and open a church if you think your belief is more important then your product.

What do you respect?

Obviously, you have no respect for anyone who believes differently than you. That is clear.

So you only respect those that believe the same as you?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: undo
Interesting?..maybee a piss poor business decision is all, anyone who opens a business and then decides they are not going to service any segment of lawabiding citizen is a recipe for failure. This is a general statement as Im not sure what actually happened in the OP..a hypothetical I guess.

All this does is Push businesses to stop doing anything outside their Buildings who have differing morals from them. That is the fair and balanced path to take. Once again the minority screws over everyone else when that happens

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Get a Damn Clue!

I had a business. I am atheist.

I had many customers who thought it was their duty as Christians to "share the word" with me.

If I told them I was atheist - - - how much respect do you think I would have gotten from them?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join