It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neil DeGrasse Tyson: ET and DNA

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

The Linda Cortile Case is a hoax, and this is accepted even among many UFO believers.

Do you have any evidence that the case is a hoax? I'm sorry to say you're incorrect, it was one of the most important cases of alien abduction in the modern era.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

The Linda Cortile Case is a hoax, and this is accepted even among many UFO believers.

Do you have any evidence that the case is a hoax? I'm sorry to say you're incorrect, it was one of the most important cases of alien abduction in the modern era.

Rather than spend my time gathering evidence which I'm certain you will dismiss, I'll simply direct you to this website which does an excellent job of looking at the case (and I also suspect from prior observation that showing anything which goes against your rigid belief system would simply be a waste of my time).

We shall see firstly if you will actually spend any time reading this quite comprehensive page, and if so, we shall see if you are open minded enough to look at the information presented without your confirmation bias blinkers on.

www.tricksterbook.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Harte

But I wonder if you realize that most abductions have occurred in large cities, and most of those in high rise apartments in New York City,

Pure nonsense. That is a complete falsehood and you don't have any evidence to support your outlandish claim.

So what two cities seem to have the most alien abduction reports coming out of them? Interestingly the two cities the most abduction claims have come out of are LA followed by New York and its surrounding cities.

link

Here's where I read it, years ago:link

The entire article isn't available (note the date.) I could dig it out and type it up (still have all my old Omni's out in the garage in a box.)

Oh wait, wasn't Travis Walton taken from the 18th floor of the Empire State building? I seem to recall Travis and his crew were on their way to a Broadway musical, right? They had tickets to Les Miserables, they were in the elevator going down, but aliens got in on the 19th floor...

Walton is the onkly abduction? Do you know how many claims of abduction are made in a year in the US?

originally posted by: ScdfaAnd Betty and Barney Hill were abducted from their penthouse condo in the Trump Tower. For which, they were fired by Mr. Trump.

Well, their abduction did have as a leading character a Jimmy Durante lookalike.

originally posted by: ScdfaLinda Cortille Napalitano was abducted from about the tenth floor of her east side apartment in Manhattan, but that's about it. A fascinating case, researched by the great Budd Hopkins himself.

Noted hoax.
If you limit yourself to sensationalized cases, then you shouldn't be surprised to find that you know very little about the phenomenon itself.

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly
Well, if you go by the Roper pole, then 2% of the US population is being abducted. Most people live in cities so it would be a safe assumption that they mostly occur in cities. exopolitics.blogs.com... html

One earlier study in the 2002 Roper Poll concluded that 2% of the U.S. population (now estimated at 306,587,601 on June 4, 2009) - had been abducted, or approximately 6.1 million persons by current figures.

unless there are statistics that say otherwise, we should assume an even distribution. If 100 people live in the country, and 1000 people live in the city, that would be 2 people vs 20.

Some so-called "studies" seem to indicate that more abductions happen in the Eastern time zone which would indicate even more in large urban areas, statistically, than an even distribution would.

Harte

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

If the Roper poll determined that two percent of the American population has been abducted, I feel that could well be the case.

It is really Jacob's poll since he was behind it when it was given and Hopkins certainly participated. And its the people that accept his poll without really examining it first that cause major problems in Ufology. Do you accept every poll without question? I am guessing yes. If you ever do get around to examining what came from the poll, you will see that it was just a load of nonsense. Now since I corrected the spellings now, there is no need to keep calling on your homophone deflections instead of just keeping it straight. Not that there is anything wrong with homophones and humor once in a while but the immature stuff is just not my style.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Amazing how you used the same link I posted earlier which told you beforehand where a majority of abductions happen. The only thing your quote is saying is that out of all cities (NOT ALL CASES), NY and LA have the most abductions. But you would kind of figure that being that those are the two most populated cities in the U.S. However this is not indicative of the total number of overall abductions. That was clearly explained in the link.

Your second link is only stating that abductions happen routinely in cities opposed to rural areas (where the majority rules). It gives no indication of how much of a percentage is abducted in cities compared to rural areas. But to be honest, it doesn't need to. The fact that Bud Hopkins confirmed it being a myth that abductions were only happening in desolate areas lends credence to the fact that these desolate areas are where most do happen.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

The fact that Bud Hopkins confirmed it being a myth that abductions were only happening in desolate areas lends credence to the fact that these desolate areas are where most do happen.

The thing I am seeing now that I have looked into this closer is that the type of information that you would need to really show this is nowhere to be found. Which is strange since the survey they did was conducted in person, house to house across the US. 6000 homes. Why dont we see the results for location? If what you are saying is true, this information would be readily available. Its hard to imagine that they didn't look at location. If it was the case that most abductions take place in desolate areas, there is no doubt that those stats would be easy to find as it would significantly increase the pro ETH side. I would certainly be looking closer at the ETH if that was shown. And if it was shown to be evenly distributed, I would certainly be showing that. But what is odd is that the data wasn't shared so we don't know. Dont we want disclosure? If the data is available that supports this, I will gladly stand corrected.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

Rather than spend my time gathering evidence which I'm certain you will dismiss, I'll simply direct you to this website which does an excellent job of looking at the case (and I also suspect from prior observation that showing anything which goes against your rigid belief system would simply be a waste of my time).

We shall see firstly if you will actually spend any time reading this quite comprehensive page, and if so, we shall see if you are open minded enough to look at the information presented without your confirmation bias blinkers on.

www.tricksterbook.com...

At this point I direct you to the actual case itself, presented in the book Witnessed. It is even more comprehensive than your denialist webpage.

You can toss around phrases like "rigid belief system" and "confirmation bias blinkers", although I'm pretty sure you meant to say "confirmation bias blinders", but failed to communicate that properly. Or maybe you meant to say blinkers, I'm not sure why someone would have blinkers on, even in a metaphorical sense, but I can only go by what you send me.

I don't have a "confirmation bias", but I will admit to a bit of a "comprehension bias", I like to be able to understand what people are saying when they accuse me of something.

Now, I don't know if you have read enough of my posts to know this about me, but I I had alien contact. As a result, there are certain aspects of alien contact that I understand to be factual, and no amount of clever debunking can alter those facts. That does not mean that I think every UFO sighting or abduction claim must be true. Quite the opposite, I am quite skeptical of a great many accounts within ufology because my understanding of the phenomenon is more comprehensive than most.

The Linda Cortille case appears to be true from every angle, from my perspective. As with any experiences outside of my own, I cannot be certain as I was not there.
edit on 28-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The fact that Bud Hopkins confirmed it being a myth that abductions were only happening in desolate areas lends credence to the fact that these desolate areas are where most do happen.

The thing I am seeing now that I have looked into this closer is that the type of information that you would need to really show this is nowhere to be found. Which is strange since the survey they did was conducted in person, house to house across the US. 6000 homes. Why dont we see the results for location? If what you are saying is true, this information would be readily available. Its hard to imagine that they didn't look at location. If it was the case that most abductions take place in desolate areas, there is no doubt that those stats would be easy to find as it would significantly increase the pro ETH side. I would certainly be looking closer at the ETH if that was shown. And if it was shown to be evenly distributed, I would certainly be showing that. But what is odd is that the data wasn't shared so we don't know. Dont we want disclosure? If the data is available that supports this, I will gladly stand corrected.

One reason would be to not alarm the masses. For the most part, knowledgeable people were already aware of desolate abductions taking place but too many people would start freaking out if the scope of abduction was revealed to encompass urban areas to go along with rural.

Not everyone wants disclosure. Ordinary people like I do but there are other forces surrounding all elements of the gov.(the well known branch + secret branch) who don't want this to go public. There are too many competing agendas and implications that have to be ironed out first before the lid gets blown.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Blinkers was used correctly and, as predicted, they prevented you from following the provided link to the "denialist webpage".

edit on 28-3-2015 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: draknoir2

Blinkers was used correctly and, as predicted, they prevented you from following the provided link to the "denialist webpage".

I looked it up, you are correct, blinkers is another name for blinders. The mistake was mine.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

One reason would be to not alarm the masses.

I honestly don't think that was/is a concern for Hopkins or Jacobs. They are not keeping this information from people in order to not alarm the public. I mean Jacobs is on the lecture circuit talking about how the aliens are basically invading earth by creating a race of hybrids that will slowly eliminate humans and that 2% of the population is being abducted. What is more alarming then that? It would be a lot less alarming if I knew where most of the abductions are taking place.

Think about it. If we were told that 2% of the population was going to get murdered but in order to not alarm the masses, the locations of the crimes wouldn't be revealed, do you think that would work? That might be an extreme example but...To be honest, the thought of having beings from another planet abducting 2% of the population isn't that far off. Personally, I would be putting up a fight and I am really puzzled by the passiveness of people claiming to be abductees.

But people DO break into other peoples homes and commit crimes. I don't know what the stats are but people do in fact take precautions and try to prevent this from happening. But somehow alien abduction seems acceptable? Nobody does anything because their electronics would fail? I am thankful that can see through the Hopkins/Jacobs BS... and rather easily.

edit on 28-3-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't have a "confirmation bias",

The first sign of someone with confirmation bias is when they say they don't have confirmation bias. You know, its like when someone responds to a post and all they say is "thank you so much for posting that" and the post only contains someone's opinion that apparently matches their own....yep that's confirmation bias. Have you ever done that?

but I will admit to a bit of a "comprehension bias", I like to be able to understand what people are saying when they accuse me of something.

Are you actually saying that you only understand people that you agree with? How else do you interpret that? There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference in meaning between comprehension and confirmation either. and please refrain from homophonic (homophobic? the homophones or just anything that starts like that) comments. thanks.

edit on 28-3-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

People who are not that much into this subject don't usually frequent the lecture circuit. I don't think it would be less alarming if people knew exactly where either because then people would be faced with the harsh reality of dealing with a advanced species knowing there's nothing they could do about it but feel helpless until the gov. determines a way to deal with the threat. Why put the citizens in a state of disarray like that? The abductions have been documented and to me it really doesn't matter where they are happening. It's a problem no matter how you slice it. You can pull your hair out all you want about geographical statistics on abduction but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. It's a cause for concern regardless.

Another thing, with such a tight grip on the alien phenomenon courtesy of the military industrial complex, global elite, TPTB, and whoever else is in control, what makes anyone think that even if something was captured on camera or video, that it would see the light of day? It would either be discredited and made a hoax or either confiscated from the start once that person goes to their local [insert agency/media outlet here]. The last thing TPTB want is a blacklash on society of monumental proportions with our national security compromised due to the reality of the existence of a more technologically advanced species. On top of that, it would then be revealed that our own country allowed this to happen by making it's own citizens admissible targets for ET, all for sake of having a leg up technologically over the rest of the world.

With everyone thinking that every UFO is just a secret black op project or Earth phenomena, and everyone who's been abducted is either hallucinating or mentally unstable, and all of these ufologists are full of crap and only in the field to write sci - fi books to make money, the lid effectively stays on. One thing that you have to do with this Zeta is to look deeper into the whole situation. It's not as cut and dry as you think it should be.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You can pull your hair out all you want about geographical statistics on abduction but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. It's a cause for concern regardless.

Well, for guys like me its not a cause for concern, its just a matter of curiosity. If that curiosity leads to something alarming, then that's when its alarming. What I am curious about is if this phenomenon is purely psychological or not. A uniform distribution of events would suggest that or, as safalda pointed out, that the aliens are abducting people according to population density which is ridiculous. I understand that you believe it is already happening and I get that and don't want to argue about that specifically with anyone really. Like I said earlier, it would just be harder too argue a psychological viewpoint if there were stats showing something like specific geographic location.

Another thing, with such a tight grip on the alien phenomenon courtesy of the military industrial complex, global elite, TPTB, and whoever else is in control, what makes anyone think that even if something was captured on camera or video, that it would see the light of day? It would either be discredited and made a hoax or either confiscated from the start once that person goes to their local [insert agency/media outlet here]. The last thing TPTB want is a blacklash on society of monumental proportions with our national security compromised due to the reality of the existence of a more technologically advanced species. On top of that, it would then be revealed that our own country allowed this to happen by making it's own citizens admissible targets for ET, all for sake of having a leg up technologically over the rest of the world.

For me, a video capture would serve me personally. If I suspected I was being abducted repeatedly, which to me would mean that my home was being invaded, I am taken against my will, experimented on, etc., the last thing I would be concerned about would be proving debunkers wrong and putting up youtube videos to prove anything to anyone. I would personally be concerned for my families safety which means that an alien is going to die or something.

With everyone thinking that every UFO is just a secret black op project or Earth phenomena, and everyone who's been abducted is either hallucinating or mentally unstable, and all of these ufologists are full of crap and only in the field to write sci - fi books to make money, the lid effectively stays on. One thing that you have to do with this Zeta is to look deeper into the whole situation. It's not as cut and dry as you think it should be.

I think I have been pretty clear that I think it is definitely more than what we understand currently and that it is very fuzzy and unclear and not at all cut and dry.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Do you think there is some kind of plug in I can get for my browser to warn me when I am on denialist web sites? I don't want to get a virus or something.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Do you think there is some kind of plug in I can get for my browser to warn me when I am on denialist web sites? I don't want to get a virus or something.

I've never been on one myself. There's no such thing anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

I've never been on one myself. There's no such thing anyway.

Not too sure...but, I think w3c has a header extension for that.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
With this mans intelligence and logic, imagine what kind of president he would make?
Sorry if off topic, but these are the kind of leaders we need in the future to sneak the bulls eye off the target.

posted on Mar, 28 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
With this mans intelligence and logic, imagine what kind of president he would make?

Oh? well thank you for the compliment, but my focus right now is family.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join